JUNE 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

saiyer1

Aug 21, 2018
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,

I am new to this Spousal sponsorship thing, but I would need to sponsor my wife and kid sometime this year. So pardon my ignorance ( and length of this post) on few questions that I would like to have answers on.

I am now in India, got my COPR recently and planned to fly to Canada in Sep 2019. My wife and I are beginning to understand the sponsorship process, going through this forum, pdf documents etc.
Questions:
1) Can I begin the sponsor process as soon as I reach Canada? I do not have a job in Canada yet.

2) Would my existing POF help in the process?

3) is it advisable to ask my spouse to fill her part of the forms along with sign and print it, say on/before September before I fly and take them with me before I reach Canada?

4) I understand that there are some country specific requirements, so for India what would they be? Any pointers, links would be useful.

5) We are married for 7 years, have a legal marriage certificate. Do we need to also gather chats, photos or anything else?

Probably these are some of the early questions that we have, so really appreciate your answers. Again, please pardon if this is posted in wrong group/topic as I could not find anything else quite relevant in context of time.

Plynn

Jan 17, 2019
Hi everyone! Hopefully we'll be part of the June 2019 group. I paid for very expensive certified mail service to send our documents over from France last month (May), but they haven't updated the tracking in two weeks and I have no idea when or if Canada will get our application. I've contacted the post's client services, but they're just like "No worries. It'll get there soon." But I'm a little worried :(. When I paid for the shipping, I was told it would take a week, maybe less. Clearly that's not the case....

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hello everyone,

I am new to this Spousal sponsorship thing, but I would need to sponsor my wife and kid sometime this year. So pardon my ignorance ( and length of this post) on few questions that I would like to have answers on.

I am now in India, got my COPR recently and planned to fly to Canada in Sep 2019. My wife and I are beginning to understand the sponsorship process, going through this forum, pdf documents etc.
Questions:
1) Can I begin the sponsor process as soon as I reach Canada? I do not have a job in Canada yet.

2) Would my existing POF help in the process?

3) is it advisable to ask my spouse to fill her part of the forms along with sign and print it, say on/before September before I fly and take them with me before I reach Canada?

4) I understand that there are some country specific requirements, so for India what would they be? Any pointers, links would be useful.

5) We are married for 7 years, have a legal marriage certificate. Do we need to also gather chats, photos or anything else?

Probably these are some of the early questions that we have, so really appreciate your answers. Again, please pardon if this is posted in wrong group/topic as I could not find anything else quite relevant in context of time.
1. You can sponsor your wife as soon as you go there without a job but its your job to provide proof to IRCC on how you plan to support your wife and kid. The check list says if you are employed in Canada, you have the option to send your Notice of Assessment, Option C and employment letter all of which are strong proofs for sponsor approval. However, if you are not employed in Canada, the checklist says ‘provide other documentation showing that you can support the person you are sponsoring. This must include a detailed explanation of how you plan to support yourself and the sponsored person on a separate piece of paper.
2. I am not too sure but I think if you transfer those funds to a Canadian bank account and show that you have those savings, you can add it to the ‘other documentation’ part I mentioned above (Senior members can correct me here if I’m wrong.)
3. You can do that but the date and sign have a 90 day validity so if you don’t apply by then would be a waste. In any case you have to validate all the forms and those generate bar codes that you have to attach with the application (one of the forms you have to sign electronically and handsign next to the electronic signature). If you think you can complete the entire application package before leaving from India where you land there and courier it right away, go ahead.
4. These are the country specific requirements for India.
India - Additional forms for residents
India – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card.
  • For divorces obtained in this country, please submit a complete divorce petition, a judgement and a Final divorce decree.
  • Identity documents for adopted child with Indian passport: If any child on your application was adopted through customary law and not through courts, you must provide an explanation and proof of the adoption, such as:
    • Original adoption deed;
    • Photographs of the adoption ceremony;
    • Power of attorney documents, if applicable;
    • Evidence of contact and financial support with adoptive parents;
    • Letter of no objection from the Central Adoption Resource Agency (CARA), Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India. The guidelines which outline CARA requirements can be found at: www.cara.nic.in
    • For international adoptions, the competent authority of the child's residence and province of intended destination must declare in writing that they approve of the adoption as conforming to the Hague Convention.
5. Yes you do. All that is covered in the application package for your sponsorship.

I have outlined what you asked for but I strongly suggest you very very carefully go through every single item including forms and all proofs you need in the basic and complete guide provided on the cic website (The link below). Once you get on the page, select Spousal Sponsorship, Country India, Country Specific Requirements India. You’ll get the list. There is a link within for a Basic and Complete Guide too. Go through it word by word. If you don’t understand something, this forum has members who will always help you out.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Reactions: saiyer1

Rajnavi

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
July 23, 2019
I got my whatsapp chat translated from docbase. OMG! That is worse translation from punjabi to english :( I wish I would have done by myslef and shdn’t have pair them $150. Or I could have kept as it is and translated by myself in english and But I guess IRCC would know that we guys do talk in punjabi too!!!

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
I got my whatsapp chat translated from docbase. OMG! That is worse translation from punjabi to english :( I wish I would have done by myslef and shdn’t have pair them $150. Or I could have kept as it is and translated by myself in english and But I guess IRCC would know that we guys do talk in punjabi too!!!
You need to translate it from a certified translator. Cant do it yourself.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Yes I know :( !! But they did bad job :(
I would ask you to do it again to avoid any confusion for your processing officer and them requesting it later (that may cause delays in processing your application) but I understand how expensive it is. Have you tried approaching the company again and telling them you are not satisfied with their work and need it done correctly?

Rajnavi

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
July 23, 2019
I would ask you to do it again to avoid any confusion for your processing officer and them requesting it later (that may cause delays in processing your application) but I understand how expensive it is. Have you tried approaching the company again and telling them you are not satisfied with their work and need it done correctly?
Yes, I am gonna call them and ask them to do again, I would ask for refund if they won’t be able to do it and look for another company. There are lots of changes to make in it, and I can’t make those changes!!! So I hope they would refund me back and I’ll look for another company!!

Reactions: Krissh2179

saiyer1

Aug 21, 2018
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
1. You can sponsor your wife as soon as you go there without a job but its your job to provide proof to IRCC on how you plan to support your wife and kid. The check list says if you are employed in Canada, you have the option to send your Notice of Assessment, Option C and employment letter all of which are strong proofs for sponsor approval. However, if you are not employed in Canada, the checklist says ‘provide other documentation showing that you can support the person you are sponsoring. This must include a detailed explanation of how you plan to support yourself and the sponsored person on a separate piece of paper.
2. I am not too sure but I think if you transfer those funds to a Canadian bank account and show that you have those savings, you can add it to the ‘other documentation’ part I mentioned above (Senior members can correct me here if I’m wrong.)
3. You can do that but the date and sign have a 90 day validity so if you don’t apply by then would be a waste. In any case you have to validate all the forms and those generate bar codes that you have to attach with the application (one of the forms you have to sign electronically and handsign next to the electronic signature). If you think you can complete the entire application package before leaving from India where you land there and courier it right away, go ahead.
4. These are the country specific requirements for India.
India - Additional forms for residents
India – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card.
  • For divorces obtained in this country, please submit a complete divorce petition, a judgement and a Final divorce decree.
  • Identity documents for adopted child with Indian passport: If any child on your application was adopted through customary law and not through courts, you must provide an explanation and proof of the adoption, such as:
    • Original adoption deed;
    • Photographs of the adoption ceremony;
    • Power of attorney documents, if applicable;
    • Evidence of contact and financial support with adoptive parents;
    • Letter of no objection from the Central Adoption Resource Agency (CARA), Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India. The guidelines which outline CARA requirements can be found at: www.cara.nic.in
    • For international adoptions, the competent authority of the child's residence and province of intended destination must declare in writing that they approve of the adoption as conforming to the Hague Convention.
5. Yes you do. All that is covered in the application package for your sponsorship.

I have outlined what you asked for but I strongly suggest you very very carefully go through every single item including forms and all proofs you need in the basic and complete guide provided on the cic website (The link below). Once you get on the page, select Spousal Sponsorship, Country India, Country Specific Requirements India. You’ll get the list. There is a link within for a Basic and Complete Guide too. Go through it word by word. If you don’t understand something, this forum has members who will always help you out.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

@Krissh2179 , you are awesome, thank you for patiently replying to my each and every point, God bless you!
I shall go over the link and documents in detail and reach out to forum for any clarifications.

Reactions: Krissh2179

CANSponsor

May 28, 2019
10th Certificate , Passport Front Page, LOE, PAN Card / Drivers License showing DOB should be good.
Thank you.. I read that application getting denied because of non availability of the birth certificate. Please shed some light so I will be clear on these document.

cass59

Star Member
May 26, 2019
My application got delivered yesterday. Also please keep on updating the spreadsheet so that we can all get an idea about the application progress.

Google Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=1468914230

I see that nobody from May 2019 has received their AOR's yet.
yeah i noticed that too :/ i’m also so worried because the closest office for my husband to get his biometrics and medical is a 20 hour drive or 3 hour flight.. not to mention he works full time and the price to get there! and i know they also give a small time frame.. and if they don’t ask more medical and biometrics at the same time .. i’m honestly stressing already

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
yeah i noticed that too :/ i’m also so worried because the closest office for my husband to get his biometrics and medical is a 20 hour drive or 3 hour flight.. not to mention he works full time and the price to get there! and i know they also give a small time frame.. and if they don’t ask more medical and biometrics at the same time .. i’m honestly stressing already
If your only medical location is truly that far away they have in the past made exemptions - where you could get it done by another physician. Look into that.