+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

askakhil

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
and also I have my work permit, but the visa in my passport expires in July, do I need to renew it if they are not on time?
Mine was till January 2020, i got it renewed in september 2019 only. Thats how i got my work permit for 2 years on new passport in december. Its better to renew it as the old cancelled passport on which PR application was issued is usually returned with new one in most cases. Also you can get your spouse name added on new passport, which is an extra support document

aquamex

Star Member
Jul 4, 2019
App. Filed.......
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
13-08-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
We had the same situation. I also received my SA and AIP last Dec 24. And just recently got my DM Feb24. Need to wait for Etobicoke Office to contact me for interview schedule.

From my experience, I requested gmcs notes and did an online inquiry dec21 told them I just want to refund my work permit application because it was pending due to me waiting for aip, lo and behold they approved my work permit and received AIP and Sa on dec24th! I think you just need to complain or rush them.
Did you apply for the notes under the access to information act or access to privacy act?

(June 2019 applicant here still waiting for SA/AIP/DM and would like to apply for notes as well)

ariben

Jun 14, 2019
Why are they sending you guys in for a medical now, when half of doctors are at home due to Covid-19. I myself am an overseas doctor and I know the covid thing is serious but little pseudo-panicky too. But visiting a medical centre and an X Ray clinic might just put you higher on risk. Or may be the CIC guy himself is going to do social distancing and work from home, thats why they gave you a medical request so that they can have easy work from home days. Be careful guys. All the best
thanks for the comment, when we received the request for medical we didn't expect to find any clinics open but in the end there was one which was big enough to respect the 2m distancing rule. No one was even allowed into the clinic building without having first answered a questionnaire. Also, the only person pressing buttons in the elevator was a well protected employee (mask, gloves, etc.). This was more than a week ago so maybe they are closed now but having myself worked in a medical clinic and lab I was impressed at the precautions for their employees and clients (who were only there for IRCC visits - no regular patients at that clinci).

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I just received a "Medical Surveillance" email this morning. I've already done additional medicals (xray and sputum) to test for TB. So I guess they think I have TB. I do not have TB - even been vaccinated for it, so I'm freaking out over what else it could be.

Anyone ever had similar?

askakhil

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
I just received a "Medical Surveillance" email this morning. I've already done additional medicals (xray and sputum) to test for TB. So I guess they think I have TB. I do not have TB - even been vaccinated for it, so I'm freaking out over what else it could be.

Anyone ever had similar?
“Medical Surveillance" Thats new. Must have been some finding in your X-Ray. I am a doctor trying to find my landing here in Canada. X-Ray chest are supposed to be taken when you fully breathe in and hold so that lungs are filled with air. If you have exhaled or lungs are not puffed up, it will show false results, very few x ray clinic technicians elaborate that, for us doctors it looks like an area of infection on XRay when you have the exhaled X Ray. I saw someone go through it so I just want you guys to be careful, as repeated medical exams make you vulnerable.

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Yeah that's what's freaking me out. Doc already said there was an "opacity" on my lung. Maybe I didn't inhale enough?

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Has anyone received any updates lately? Still waiting for my AIP and DM
I got either my DM or AIP today, not sure which it is. It starts with: "We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed."

It however does not say that I've met the eligibility requirements, and my gckey still says things are in progress (like eligibility, background etc)

RenitaKyada

Aug 22, 2019
I got either my DM or AIP today, not sure which it is. It starts with: "We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed."

It however does not say that I've met the eligibility requirements, and my gckey still says things are in progress (like eligibility, background etc)
Congratulations!! You can check previous pages on this thread. Someone had posted how each of these letters look like. Ecas and Gckey take forever to update sometimes. But you shouldn't worry as long as youhave the letter in hand.

RenitaKyada

Aug 22, 2019
I had decision made on Sponsor side a week back. Got an email regarding same that the sponsor meets the eligibility. Rest no updates
I got my SA in Feb and thet transferred my file to Etobicoke after that. What worries me the most is there are people with 2018 application whose files got transferred and are still waiting on a verdict

askakhil

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
I got an email today saying that my file has been transferred to etobicoke for further assessment. This comes 28 days after SA was approved in Mississauga CPC

RenitaKyada

Aug 22, 2019
I got an email today saying that my file has been transferred to etobicoke for further assessment. This comes 28 days after SA was approved in Mississauga CPC
Welcome to my boat. My file was transfered to Etobicoke from Mississauga as well in Feb. Let's see what happens to us now

Filica13

Jul 17, 2019
Hello everyone

did someone had any update from Quebec applicant for inland?

Also, the work permit of my spouse is expiring in July 2020, and we don't want to take chance. Where do we need to apply for the open work permit?

Thank you