+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Yep, I did the same thing and the lady who works at Service Ontario said the card would come around the date your eligibility starts.
Well that's annoying....I went to apply for OHIP and they told me I have a 3 month exclusion period....and coverage will happen on 18th of may. Is this because it's my first time? Or because I didn't do it when my work permit came in? (I couldn't because i was self employed)

askakhil

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Well that's annoying....I went to apply for OHIP and they told me I have a 3 month exclusion period....and coverage will happen on 18th of may. Is this because it's my first time? Or because I didn't do it when my work permit came in? (I couldn't because i was self employed)
It can be due to the fact that you did not apply with work permit initially. 3 months waiting is there for both PR and work permit. So its better to get it with initial work permit

TerezaB

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-07-2019
AOR Received.
20-08-2019
Same for me, I also have to wait 3 months to be eligible for OHIP. It's not really fair to those who are PR, but okay :D

Reactions: Ruobear

askakhil

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
us too! FINALLY!
Why are they sending you guys in for a medical now, when half of doctors are at home due to Covid-19. I myself am an overseas doctor and I know the covid thing is serious but little pseudo-panicky too. But visiting a medical centre and an X Ray clinic might just put you higher on risk. Or may be the CIC guy himself is going to do social distancing and work from home, thats why they gave you a medical request so that they can have easy work from home days. Be careful guys. All the best

ktmelic

May 30, 2019
I recieved an email today that my landing appointment on the 25th was canceled. I also saw this website am22 tech it says:

Are Canada PR landings Cancelled?
All in-person Canada PR landing appointments have been cancelled by CIC until April 13, 2020.

If you had a landing appointment already booked, it will be done by telephone now. Canada CIC will contact you by email to schedule your telephone appointment. You can update your email here.

So there will be a telephone appointment? This covid is serious and sad. And I'm even more sad coz I'm on the home stretch of finishing this application but keeps on extending.

Hope everyone's having a good quarantine

Trilin

Jun 24, 2018
Hey people, hope you're all keeping safe. Finally got around to responding to the PFL I got, sent about 29 pdf attachments their way, hope that's enough. What kinda frightened me though was the auto response saying that, understandably, covid-19's got everything locked down. In this email though they said that 'urgent' messages be done through their webform. Should I send my response through that as well? Or just sit tight. I guess my only constraint was that I had to reply within 30 days, which I did.

I'm in no terrible rush, but I'd hate to have my response lost to the void because no one's checked and then my app gets denied or something.

MariVanna

Jan 7, 2020
Folks, does anyone still wait for DM? that's so annoying. I don't understand what's a problem, why it takes so long and who decides here on the processing times for one or another application. it's just unreasonable.

askakhil

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Folks, does anyone still wait for DM? that's so annoying. I don't understand what's a problem, why it takes so long and who decides here on the processing times for one or another application. it's just unreasonable.
I am still not waiting. Just OWP got approved

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
They're probably taking longer due to the Coronavirus in closing buildings and things.