+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

abjh

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Hello Everyone just received our invitation today!
Timeline below for your reference. Will update again after the interview!
PR + OWP Submitted/Received: June 21
AOR Received: Aug 3
OWP Linked: Sept 10
OWP Approved: Sept 30
Medical Request: Oct 24
Medical Exam: Oct 26
Medical Passed: Nov 7
Background Request: Jan 8
AIP/SA: Jan 8
DM: Feb 6
Interview Invitation: Feb 10
Interview: Feb 18

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Hi all!
I recieved my interview invitation today for Etobicoke, I honestly thought it would take me up to 6 weeks because that's generally how long it's been for everyone else? But it was a week since DM that I got it!

My timeline is as follows:

App sent to CIC: June 19th | App Recieved: June 20th
AOR: August 1st | PR Link to my Account: August 20th
Background Check Processing: 13th November
Medical Request: 23rd November | Medical Exam: 26th November | Medical Approval: 1st December
OWP Approval: 27th November | OWP in Mail: 3rd December
Ghost Update: 6th January 2020
AIP/SA: 30th January | DM: 3rd February
Interview Request: 10th Feb | Interview: Feb 18th

I hope people get their replies from CIC soon! Wishing the best for all :)

Reactions: abjh

RenitaKyada

Aug 22, 2019
Hey guys!
Is "file transfer" a normal thing? I just received an email stating they have tranfered by file from Mississauga to Etobicoke.

Topethedop

Jul 6, 2019
Winning
I got a DM yesterday morning. Says I meet the eligibility and pleased to inform me that the processing of the application has been completed.
also says I will be contacted shortly to schedule an interview.

application received June 25th
med passed Nov 23rd
owp Nov 27th
DM feb 13th

Reactions: Ver94

Sixland

Feb 17, 2020
I got a DM yesterday morning. Says I meet the eligibility and pleased to inform me that the processing of the application has been completed.
also says I will be contacted shortly to schedule an interview.

application received June 25th
med passed Nov 23rd
owp Nov 27th
DM feb 13th
I got my DM Feb 13th as well waiting for Interview date

Reactions: Ver94

wvanderlinden

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Hey guys!
Is "file transfer" a normal thing? I just received an email stating they have tranfered by file from Mississauga to Etobicoke.
Dose Etobicoke is your local office? Usually they transfer files to local office if it's require further process! Which it means your application would take a longer time than usual to be processed.

abjh

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Hi All,

Had our interview today! It was quite simple like all the others have told us. We arrived about 40 minutes before the appointment at the Edmonton location and were 6th in line. They started to let everyone in about 12:45pm for the 1pm interview. We got called up around 1:20pm for the interview and was very quick. I would say there were about 25-30 in the waiting room by the time we were finished. They asked:
-When did I come into Canada.
-Checked both of our passports.
-Checked and collected my work permit as I don't need it anymore.
-Althought they asked us to bring proof of payment for the permanent residency application, they didn't check.
-Checked the two photos.
-Whether I've been convicted of any crime in the past in any country.
-Whether I've been asked to leave Canada in the past.
-Whether I've been denied entry into Canada in the past.
-Whether I have dependents other than those listed as part of the application.

Then they congratulated us, let us know that the PR card will arrive within 3-4 weeks in mail and told us that I can receive a new SIN from any service Canada location. Since there is one right next to the IRCC office, we went to that one. Took about 20 minutes to get the new SIN.

Hope this helps anyone still waiting for the interview and best of luck to everyone with their last bit of this PR process!!

Topethedop

Jul 6, 2019
Winning
Hi All,

Had our interview today! It was quite simple like all the others have told us. We arrived about 40 minutes before the appointment at the Edmonton location and were 6th in line. They started to let everyone in about 12:45pm for the 1pm interview. We got called up around 1:20pm for the interview and was very quick. I would say there were about 25-30 in the waiting room by the time we were finished. They asked:
-When did I come into Canada.
-Checked both of our passports.
-Checked and collected my work permit as I don't need it anymore.
-Althought they asked us to bring proof of payment for the permanent residency application, they didn't check.
-Checked the two photos.
-Whether I've been convicted of any crime in the past in any country.
-Whether I've been asked to leave Canada in the past.
-Whether I've been denied entry into Canada in the past.
-Whether I have dependents other than those listed as part of the application.

Then they congratulated us, let us know that the PR card will arrive within 3-4 weeks in mail and told us that I can receive a new SIN from any service Canada location. Since there is one right next to the IRCC office, we went to that one. Took about 20 minutes to get the new SIN.

Hope this helps anyone still waiting for the interview and best of luck to everyone with their last bit of this PR process!!
Congratulations. How long before you got invited for interview?, after you got DM approval