+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

Navsukh21

Oct 3, 2018
Hi friends,
I am preparing inland sponsorship application along with open work permit. Can anyone tell me where to find the application for OWP and what all documents I need to submit the OWP.
Thank You

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Hi friends,
I am preparing inland sponsorship application along with open work permit. Can anyone tell me where to find the application for OWP and what all documents I need to submit the OWP.
Thank You
Hi there, here is the link needed to find all of the forms you need.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html
The one you need to put alongside your inland sponsorship is the https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend.html (assuming you are currently under visitor status/visitor extension.

For my OWP permit application, I put these forms in this order / put them in front of the Inland Sponsorship Forms.
- IMM 5556 (checklist)
- IMM 5710 (application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in canada as a worker - barcode page placed on top)
- Application Fees - $255.00 - official receipt printout
- Photocopies of passport pages - 2 pages showing the main page with the photo, name, passport number etc and other page showing stamps and visitor visa
- Photocopy of marriage certificate

Hope that helps!

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
I had my interview at Etobicoke on the 18th Feb, It was a rather nerve racking experience (atleast for me since I worry about these things) but I hope it might shed some light to everyone else.

I arrived at Etobicoke's office at around 1,30pm for a 2pm scheduled appointment, however it is actually take a number and wait rather than an actual interview (which to me the letter was worded differently than I expected but oh-well!). It was extremely busy but I suppose that would be the case considering it's the hub for immigration. I had to wait around an hour or so to get seen and within that time I got to overhear others interviews during the time. Which for someone with extreme anxiety it helped me to calm me down to see the process visually / hear it. That being said though some people were asked quite intrusive questions or asking the sponsor "do you really want to sponsor them?" "are you sure you want to undertake this as they're your responsibility".

I was called up eventually and my process was smooth, the lady I had was kind and sweet. They asked for my Passport and my Husband's Ontario Photo ID, they wanted my two photos and only took one. Nothing else was shown that was I was asked to bring to be honest other than I was asked questions about whether I was convicted of anything, or denied entry. In my case I had to state I wasn't denied entry but I was asked leave due to a misunderstanding as I paid for another visitor extension during my PR process thinking I needed that as I didn't know whether I had implied status or not but the lady said I was fine and I didn't need it / all was a-ok. After that she made me sign two pages of a COPR and was given a sheet showcasing what to do next, and was congraulated on finally becoming a PR!

I was suggested to get my SIN by Service Canada next door but I chose not to because I can visit my Service Canada / Ontario within my city. That and the queue to get a sin looked extremely long.

However, for those who live in Northern Ontario / need temporary offices and have recently DM you should be ok to reschedule! As the lady who interviewed me was shocked that I came all the way from Sudbury Area and asked me why I didn't reschedule/mentioned they have offices appearing up in northern ontario. But I was fearful in thinking that if I rescheduled my appointment that something would have gone wrong and would have voided my application or something! I didn't want to take the chance so I drove all the way to be safe. I mentioned that and she understood my worries so it was all good! Nevertheless I got to atleast see Toronto and enjoy Family Day down there :)

Otherwise my process has all been done and my GCKEY/Ecas has all been updated to show that everything has been finalized. :)

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
Hey guys - we had our interview this morning at the Niagara Falls office. It was scheduled for 10am but we arrived at 9am. We were the only ones there and so the officer took us at 9:20am. She asked us when we moved into our current address, and whether we have any dependents. That was it...2 minutes!

We went to the service Canada for the SIN number right after and they said the file hadn't been updated yet so we have to wait until tomorrow or Monday which is super annoying.

Last edited:

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
Anyone know why the Permanent residence paper they give you says "Valid to: Nov 27 2020" and "Expiry: 2024"? I get that it expires when my passport does but whats the "valid to" date?

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Anyone know why the Permanent residence paper they give you says "Valid to: Nov 27 2020" and "Expiry: 2024"? I get that it expires when my passport does but whats the "valid to" date?
I would assume it's because you get your PR card shortly after you COPR is issued. :confused: Who knows!

Kay00

Apr 23, 2015
Hi friends
I got Decision made on Jan 15th and it says Etobicoke office will contact me to schedule an interview. I am nervous as there is still no update on my file. Is this normal ? Or should I contact Etobicoke office ?? If yes what number should I call them?
Appreciated your help..

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Hi friends
I got Decision made on Jan 15th and it says Etobicoke office will contact me to schedule an interview. I am nervous as there is still no update on my file. Is this normal ? Or should I contact Etobicoke office ?? If yes what number should I call them?
Appreciated your help..
This is normal, as my ecas/gckey did not update until after my interview. The only thing that said decision made was the sponsorship on my husband's ecas. Etobicoke should contact you between 1-6weeks for an interview, so you're all fine! <3

Kay00

Apr 23, 2015
This is normal, as my ecas/gckey did not update until after my interview. The only thing that said decision made was the sponsorship on my husband's ecas. Etobicoke should contact you between 1-6weeks for an interview, so you're all fine! <3
Thank you so much for the reply.
but I am getting nervous now, since I got an update in my CIC account in 15th Jan that Etobicoke office will contact me for interview scheduling but no response after that.And I have seen others getting an update who got DM after me from the same office. Shall I try to email them ?
Please suggest..

Will.i_am

Dec 3, 2019
but I am getting nervous now, since I got an update in my CIC account in 15th Jan that Etobicoke office will contact me for interview scheduling but no response after that.And I have seen others getting an update who got DM after me from the same office. Shall I try to email them ?
Please suggest..
I had my DM in Dec 18 last year, and i got an invitation in Feb 14 which took around 2 months, 1-6 weeks is just a timeline, they dont guarantee you will get update within 6 week. Some busy office like Etobicoke handling lots of cases in a day, its normal if you dont get an update for more than 6 weeks

Reactions: Kay00

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
I had my DM in Dec 18 last year, and i got an invitation in Feb 14 which took around 2 months, 1-6 weeks is just a timeline, they dont guarantee you will get update within 6 week. Some busy office like Etobicoke handling lots of cases in a day, its normal if you dont get an update for more than 6 weeks
Please suggest..
6 Weeks is a general outlook for most people, but some applications can take longer. But if you are feeling worried at all you can always try calling the call centre, but I don't think it'll say much other than say to wait. I don't believe you will have to wait too much longer, hang in there! :)

Reactions: Kay00

Sixland

Feb 17, 2020
Hi guys

Done with my interview today at Etobicoke and it went well, I've got my COPR and the SIN. I was a little nervous because, but the lady that interviewed me was very kind and considerate.
Anyway the whole process took less than 20 mins for the interview and to get the SIN number.
For those of you who are waiting for the interview, don't worry guys it's gonna be easy process. But don't say anything if they don't ask you.
I hope you'll get your PR soon as well. Good luck

Reactions: Topethedop