Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-07-2019
AOR Received.
20-08-2019
Hi all
Send my application in for Perment Residency July 8th, 2019.
It was received July 12,2019.
Just seeing if anyone with the same dates as me has gotten thier OWP approved? This seems crazy long...I have a job lined up and I feel bad because I told my future employer I would have my OWP by now :( this is beyond frustrating and I’m running out of funds and need to work...
Hi,

I recommend you go to July thread, not June ;) Btw yes, I sent my app package on the same day as you, OWP got approved 3 weeks ago.

aquamex

Star Member
Jul 4, 2019
App. Filed.......
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
13-08-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
I have a question on how the OWP serves as an extension to the temporary resident visa (TRV). So my spouse is on a TRV and her Visa stamp expired (it has been more than 6 months). Is having a passport with an expired TRV + OWP enough for travel? Or is another document/stamp required now after the OWP has been obtained?

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
I have a question on how the OWP serves as an extension to the temporary resident visa (TRV). So my spouse is on a TRV and her Visa stamp expired (it has been more than 6 months). Is having a passport with an expired TRV + OWP enough for travel? Or is another document/stamp required now after the OWP has been obtained?
If she has the OWP then thats her current valid status. her expired TRV should have no more use as the OWP takes over so to speak. Not 100% sure about the rules on TRV's though

hpprajapati

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
Nomination.....
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
processing started on 26-05-2015
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Interview........
TLU updated on 16-06-2015
Passport Req..
on 15/07/2015, DM on 18/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent to NDVO on 16/07/2015, Passport received on 31/07/15
LANDED..........
Visa issued date 15/07/2015, Landing in October
I received medical request today.
Application received on 17/06/2019

Reactions: Janice Bond

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
So I got an email back from the webform request I sent.
Totally generic, stating when they received my app after I resent it and stating current processing time is 4 months. They also say it was received in the processing centre in mississauga even though I sent it to Edmonton... And then just a load of BS links and that i could track my application online now ( I already been tracking it for over a month....)

I am so frustrated with their whole system by now...
May people have their decision made already, August people received their OWP approval smoothly within 2 months but somehow everyone in between is left behind...

Reactions: Ruobear

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
So I got an email back from the webform request I sent.
Totally generic, stating when they received my app after I resent it and stating current processing time is 4 months. They also say it was received in the processing centre in mississauga even though I sent it to Edmonton... And then just a load of BS links and that i could track my application online now ( I already been tracking it for over a month....)

I am so frustrated with their whole system by now...
May people have their decision made already, August people received their OWP approval smoothly within 2 months but somehow everyone in between is left behind...
yeah...I am not sure why those in July/August etc who applied after us have stuff approved before we do. You'd think they would work month to month before they move onto the next lot. I have to call up tomorrow as per told by CIC the last time I called so they can push another message.....who knows what's happening. I actually need to work as can't rely on little funds I have :/

Reactions: th_10

dyez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Philippines
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
If she has the OWP then thats her current valid status. her expired TRV should have no more use as the OWP takes over so to speak. Not 100% sure about the rules on TRV's though
The OWP takes over as per status, but as per eligibility to travel, it does not. The OWP clearly states at the bottom of the front page: "This does not authorize re-entry", meaning if you travel outside Canada with an expired TRV, you may no longer be allowed to re-enter. It only EXTENDS your current stay and status WHILE you are in Canada.

dyez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Philippines
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
Hi, can you please share details how were you able to get OHIP?
My spouse has received OWP, SIN and has a job offer (starting date is in 3 weeks), can we go to Service Canada and apply for OHIP? Is it really that simple?
It's simple. First, once your spouse has an OWP, go to Service Canada to apply for a SIN. With the SIN, OWP, as well as proof of address (like lease agreement where your spouse is a co-signer), go to the Registry and apply for the health card.

Reactions: heysushant

Topethedop

Jul 6, 2019
Winning
It's simple. First, once your spouse has an OWP, go to Service Canada to apply for a SIN. With the SIN, OWP, as well as proof of address (like lease agreement where your spouse is a co-signer), go to the Registry and apply for the health card.

my owp got approved on my online profile.

But didn’t get any letter in the mail

Reactions: heysushant

aquamex

Star Member
Jul 4, 2019
App. Filed.......
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
13-08-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
my owp got approved on my online profile.

But didn’t get any letter in the mail
It takes a week on average for the letter to arrive by mail. I think if it doesn’t arrive in a month you should call. Check the email that was sent to you for next steps....

Reactions: Topethedop

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
The OWP takes over as per status, but as per eligibility to travel, it does not. The OWP clearly states at the bottom of the front page: "This does not authorize re-entry", meaning if you travel outside Canada with an expired TRV, you may no longer be allowed to re-enter. It only EXTENDS your current stay and status WHILE you are in Canada.
It just means its not guaranteed that you can re-enter. Neither does the TRV though. NO Visa actually does except when you become PR. Everything else they reserve the right to deny you reentry because you might not meet eligibility anymore. Like not having insurance or enough funds.

I had no problems leaving and re entering on my WHV they didnt even want to see anything, but I had everything in case they would.

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
After a very strange journey, we received DM on tuesday and now get to wait for an interview in Vancouver. Our bizarre timeline looks like:

Application (with OWP) submitted to Missisauga: March 24, 2019
Application Returned for missing document: May 17, 2019
Application accidentally submitted to Sidney: May 17, 2019
(We used Canada Post originally but went with a courier to resubmit, forgot to specify to husband which courier address was the one to submit to, submitted to the wrong one in our haste because we were hours away from leaving for our belated honeymoon)
AOR: July 24, 2019
(Outland) Sponsor Approval: July 31, 2019
Medical Request: July 31, 2019
Biometric Payment Request: July 31, 2019
At this point, I was confused, as I thought inland applications were exempt from biometrics, so I called IRCC and the woman on the line told me because we accidentally submitted to Sidney, it was now processing as an outland app, and unless we wanted to withdraw and resubmit, there was nothing to be done except to let it happen.
Medical Complete: August 03, 2019
OWP refund requested: August 04, 2019
Application Transferred to CPC Missisauga: August 07, 2019
Biometrics Request: August 12, 2019
Received letter from IRCC stating that our application number was being changed for "administrative reasons" on August 22, 2019. No other explanation was given, old number now shows as "Cancelled" in GCKey
Biometrics completed: August 26, 2019
(Inland) Sponsor Approval: November 19, 2019
Eligibility Passed and Decision Made: November 19, 2019

Since the woman from the IRCC helpline that I spoke to said there was nothing to be done about changing our application to the correct type, I assumed that the new application number/cancelling of the old application was to convert it from an inland app (since it was received as inland initially before being returned to us) to outland. Apparently Mississauga figured it out and got it in the correct pile. Even though I wasnt able to get an OWP, at least now we're close to the finish line.

I hope everyone else's journeys go a lot smoother than ours has!

Reactions: reviv3r and Ruobear

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
I called up CIC today as requested and they have now pushed another message through to get it ACTUALLY reviewed. Since it's friday it probs won't be reviewed until monday+ so hopefully something by then!

Reactions: th_10