+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

askakhil

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
maybe they are going to give approval to the sponsorship directly? hahaha
Haha, LOL. Don't know about that either. Online it shows still in process. I used a representative, so they have sent a query regarding delay last week, I hope the CIC ppl at least find some time to reply to that so that I can expect something. They do not seem to have set criteria for all, some june applications have OWP and some may ones still in waiting.
Let's see what the reply is

I had my medical upfront in April, as I needed to extend my visitor Visa. The waiting part is really annoying. I hope its turs out positive for all of us

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
This may not make you feel better but I’m a May applicant. And I never got the OWP either...but my PR has just been approved and I’m waiting for landing interview. Now I’m hoping to have my OWP fees refunded! :) It literally took 6 months to get the PR...maybe your PR is around the corner?
I sure hope that isn't the case as waiting for a OWP that could never come would really suck.... as im sure im not the only one but... I need to be able to support my husband too. Plus not being able to work yet and then a medical request (whenever that happens for me) will be a massive dampen in finances.... people are saying that's like $400.... :( I have no idea how much it'll cost for those in ontario..... I just hope something happens this week but I doubt it.... probs another call to CIC on Friday. :(

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
We called again. They said a note was sent to the immigration office when we called 2 weeks ago and we have to allow 30 days before calling again.

heysushant

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
My spouse got OHIP without any job offer. The work permit was enough.
Hi, can you please share details how were you able to get OHIP?
My spouse has received OWP, SIN and has a job offer (starting date is in 3 weeks), can we go to Service Canada and apply for OHIP? Is it really that simple?

aquamex

Star Member
Jul 4, 2019
App. Filed.......
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
13-08-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
Hi, can you please share details how were you able to get OHIP?
My spouse has received OWP, SIN and has a job offer (starting date is in 3 weeks), can we go to Service Canada and apply for OHIP? Is it really that simple?
Do we apply for the SIN through Service Canada? Can we apply online? I presume it will be a temporary one....

herecomesyou

Nov 12, 2019
Family sponsorship
Application received June 22nd.

OWP application got sent back because I didn’t pay enough, had to pay extra $100 and sent it back.

received sept 20th.

Came here as a student in 2016 but didn’t finish university, but i have been in a relationship with my woman since 2017 and been living together since. We have a daughter together, also included her in the application and all supporting documents they asked for. Now my study permit expired September 30th after i have submitted my application tho.

I have gotten medical request and done with it Nov 3rd.

God forbid i get refused.

what would be my second option. I hope I’m not asked to leave before reapplying because I can’t leave my family behind.

What are the reasons for refusal ?

Reactions: wvanderlinden

TerezaB

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-07-2019
AOR Received.
20-08-2019
Do we apply for the SIN through Service Canada? Can we apply online? I presume it will be a temporary one....
You have to go to Service Canada in person with the respective documents and IDs, they will issue your SIN right away. This SIN never changes and it is yours permanently.

DavidK_NZ

Aug 26, 2018
Completed my medical today.

I had to wait 21 days for an appointment in Halifax but the exam went smoothly. 15 minutes with the doctor then across to the hospital for x-ray and blood test. All in all it took 2 hours including a 30 minute wait in the Dr's surgery. I was told to expect results in 3-4 months, 4 months if ok, 3 if I need a 2nd x-ray. I damaged a rib two months back so the Dr thought this may result in a shadow on the x-ray.

Anyway, the surgery gave me a letter to submit to CIC showing I had completed the exam. Any idea on how I submit this through the website?

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Logged into gckey this morning to see "Application Updated". When I went into it, it said that the background check is in process, but it still doesn't say my medical has been received. I'm assuming someone just hasn't updated it. Should I send them the receipt the doc gave me?

Also, there's no new correspondence, and now that I've viewed the application, it's gone back to "Your action is required" (for the medical). Normal?

heysushant

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Logged into gckey this morning to see "Application Updated". When I went into it, it said that the background check is in process, but it still doesn't say my medical has been received. I'm assuming someone just hasn't updated it. Should I send them the receipt the doc gave me?

Also, there's no new correspondence, and now that I've viewed the application, it's gone back to "Your action is required" (for the medical). Normal?
Haven't received a medical request yet, but today they have started processing our background check.. absolutely nuts!

Frenchie_Mom1

Nov 20, 2019
Hi all
Send my application in for Perment Residency July 8th, 2019.
It was received July 12,2019.
Just seeing if anyone with the same dates as me has gotten thier OWP approved? This seems crazy long...I have a job lined up and I feel bad because I told my future employer I would have my OWP by now :( this is beyond frustrating and I’m running out of funds and need to work...