+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

Sakurasahra

Dec 6, 2018
We're a week away from 5 months... still no OWP. What the flying f is going on.
You should call them and ask. It takes 120 days they said they were a week late but not 5 months.
We reapplied in July 24 for the OWP because we forgot the $100 and got a confirmation of approval on Friday. They should have at least an explanation.

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
You should call them and ask. It takes 120 days they said they were a week late but not 5 months.
We reapplied in July 24 for the OWP because we forgot the $100 and got a confirmation of approval on Friday. They should have at least an explanation.
We've called 4 times already (most recent being 2 weeks ago when the agent said she sent a note to the application center to push our application).

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
Have you tried to link the application? I’m sorry to hear that but we are very much at their mercy.
My signature stated I linked it September 12th. *big sigh* I really don't understand how they can proceed with August and September OWPs when June's aren't finished. Makes absolutely no sense.

dyez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Philippines
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
Hi! She can apply for OHIP if she has a job offer letter stating her start date, permanent full time working status, job title, job location, etc
She can apply with the offer letter, id proof with local address, work permit and then wait for 3 months from the start date on the offer letter for her cover to start.
My spouse got OHIP without any job offer. The work permit was enough.

reviv3r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
We're a week away from 5 months... still no OWP. What the flying f is going on.
This may not make you feel better but I’m a May applicant. And I never got the OWP either...but my PR has just been approved and I’m waiting for landing interview. Now I’m hoping to have my OWP fees refunded! :) It literally took 6 months to get the PR...maybe your PR is around the corner?

Reactions: Topethedop

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Just got back from my medical exam, thought I'd make a comment here just for others so they know what to expect.

Booked a 10am with the only panel physician in my city. Nice guy, and on time. Had to give a urine sample first. The doctor took my photo and my passport, then spent 10 minutes uploading them to eMedical. (Some places you have to bring photos if they don't use emedical - ask!)

Then into the exam room where he asked me questions, such as prior illness, meds, addictions, etc. Then he checked my ears/mouth/eyes, which took like 2 minutes. Then he had me lie down and he pressed on my stomach in a few places, asking if I felt pain. I didn't, and we were done. Didn't even have to undress, though YMMV in that regard.

His clinic didn't do bloodwork or x-rays, so he gave me requisitions to get them done. I paid him for the appointment ($200) and went to get bloodwork. He is doing a serum creatinine test, which worried me at first, but I overheard the lab techs mention "why does this guy always get us to do this one?" while pointing to the creatinine checkbox. Her colleague said she didn't know, but "he's been doing it a lot lately". So hopefully he's just being cautious (probably cuz I'm a fat bastard :p) They took 3 vials (one for each of the tests presumably). Ezpz.

Then to the x-ray place, which cost me another $100. Had to get it re-done because I was too tall for where the machine was set. Double dose of ionizing radiation for me, yay!

So that's the medical process, at least in my experience. Now to let my hypochondria run rampant over the weekend while results come in (he said he'd call if there was anything abnormal).
Didn’t he check your blood pressure???

wpgielts

Jun 9, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Missisauga
App. Filed.......
04-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-07-2019
Med's Request
29-10-2019
Med's Done....
02-11-2019
same same situation here. waiting for approval now
Wishing for the best, hope the nationality issue won’t make the application longer..

akash005

Apr 19, 2016
Toronto
We are gathering docs for inland sponsorship app for my wife. The country specific requirements require her to submit Mexican documents which are govt certified( i.e certified by issuer). Does anyone here know if we have to get it certified by Mexican embassy in Canada or is it some other organization that certified Mexican documents (birth certificate, passport copy,etc) . Need some guidance.

Topethedop

Jul 6, 2019
Winning
Family sponsorship
Application received June 22nd.

OWP application got sent back because I didn’t pay enough, had to pay extra $100 and sent it back.

received sept 20th.

Came here as a student in 2016 but didn’t finish university, but i have been in a relationship with my woman since 2017 and been living together since. We have a daughter together, also included her in the application and all supporting documents they asked for. Now my study permit expired September 30th after i have submitted my application tho.

I have gotten medical request and done with it Nov 3rd.

God forbid i get refused.

what would be my second option. I hope I’m not asked to leave before reapplying because I can’t leave my family behind.

Last edited:

askakhil

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
We've called 4 times already (most recent being 2 weeks ago when the agent said she sent a note to the application center to push our application).
Application received: 20th june
AOR: August 2nd
Processing started : August 1st

Still no OWP.
Havent linked my account. June applications are still delayed somehow, which is frustrating. Lets keep the post updated

wpgielts

Jun 9, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Missisauga
App. Filed.......
04-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-07-2019
Med's Request
29-10-2019
Med's Done....
02-11-2019
Application received: 20th june
AOR: August 2nd
Processing started : August 1st

Still no OWP.
Havent linked my account. June applications are still delayed somehow, which is frustrating. Lets keep the post updated
maybe they are going to give approval to the sponsorship directly? hahaha