+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

Janice Bond

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
AOR Received.
12-July-2019
According to IRCC, the current Processing time for the inland work permit is around 8 weeks, so its just a long waiting game.
May inland applicants are currently getting OWP approvals. Fingers crossed we will have good news soon!

KerryO

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Hi all, did anyone hear anything in regards to their applications? I submitted my spousal sponsorship in last week of May and received AOR within 10 days. I haven’t heard anything after that. I don’t know what should I expect next or how long does it take to get an update on next step. Can someone provide some insight on this? Really appreciate that. Thanks

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
Hi all, did anyone hear anything in regards to their applications? I submitted my spousal sponsorship in last week of May and received AOR within 10 days. I haven’t heard anything after that. I don’t know what should I expect next or how long does it take to get an update on next step. Can someone provide some insight on this? Really appreciate that. Thanks
check the may thread and as you can read here, processing is currently in mid may so you will have to wait till next week most likely to hear back.
Nobody in june recieved anything other than their AOR

KerryO

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
check the may thread and as you can read here, processing is currently in mid may so you will have to wait till next week most likely to hear back.
Nobody in june recieved anything other than their AOR
Thanks for the update. I was trying to find the May thread but couldn’t. I’ll try finding it again. Good luck.

heysushant

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
According to IRCC, the current Processing time for the inland work permit is around 8 weeks, so its just a long waiting game.
yeah, I don't get the processing times. Some April applicants received there OWPs after 2 days of the AOR.
For June and May, there's no explanation why is it taking so long.
Our visitor status expires mid Oct, so we may have to file for extension. Not sure if implied status actually means anything.
Please excuse the negativity, we are highly frustrated.

Application received - 26th June
AOR - 10th August

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Reactions: KerryO

Bungali88

Aug 2, 2019
Has anyone been able to link their OWP to their CIC account?
Nope, nothing. And I have tried repeatedly as well. Seems like there has been a huge delay after the April applicants as the OWP's are getting progressively slower and slower.

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
I called up CIC today regarding my own situation and they said the OWP from June, would most likely appear in October. Since those in May are getting their's in Sept, it seems likely we'll be recieving ours in October. :eek:
Just to clarify though, if my partner (applicant) is currently on a working holiday visa, he has implied status and can continue working? How would we go about extending his SIN number (it expires when his working holiday visa does)?

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Just to clarify though, if my partner (applicant) is currently on a working holiday visa, he has implied status and can continue working? How would we go about extending his SIN number (it expires when his working holiday visa does)?
I don't think I am too great on advice on help on giving info about a Working holiday visa, but from what I researched it is said that you can't work with implied status. Least that's what this link says anyway! - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/working-holiday-visa-and-implied-status.251303/ I hope that helps? :)

But I would suggest calling CIC to see what they suggest as I managed to get my situation sorted out for my status in Canada (as there was a mess up between Visitor extension/ Visitor Record Refusal and then Work Permit giving implied)

Bungali88

Aug 2, 2019
Yes, he can continue to work. Providing he applied for the OWP before his IEC ran out then he’s on implied status and the conditions remain exactly the same. The SIN number will just carry on as normal until he lands and a new one will be generated.