Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Hello,

Do we get the AOR mail before the SA approval or does it co.e together? I haven't yet recieved my AOR yet but when I called CIC on 20th July they gave me the application number starting from F which I assume means the file has all the documents. I'm worried though that I still haven't received my AOR or any communication from their end.
SA is typically later in the process. If you have a number starting with F that typically means you should have already received your AOR, or they are behind on sending them out and you should get it soon. Check your application status using that number in ECAS to see what point you're actually at in the process. If you didnt include an email address or if it wasn't legible (like if you filled out forms by hand maybe it wasnt totally readable), your AOR could be coming in the mail and taking extra long.

Poorva

Jul 22, 2017
Regina
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27/07/2019
SA is typically later in the process. If you have a number starting with F that typically means you should have already received your AOR, or they are behind on sending them out and you should get it soon. Check your application status using that number in ECAS to see what point you're actually at in the process. If you didnt include an email address or if it wasn't legible (like if you filled out forms by hand maybe it wasnt totally readable), your AOR could be coming in the mail and taking extra long.

I have done it through representation but he says he hasn't yet recieved the AOR mail. I did check the status through the o line tool of ECAS as I am not able to link the application to my online account because my lawyer is the first point of contact.
But, on the ECAS it just mentions as In Process. When I called CIC a couple of days ago the agent said they are checking my partner's eligibility.

Reactions: hpinfy

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
I have done it through representation but he says he hasn't yet recieved the AOR mail. I did check the status through the o line tool of ECAS as I am not able to link the application to my online account because my lawyer is the first point of contact.
But, on the ECAS it just mentions as In Process. When I called CIC a couple of days ago the agent said they are checking my partner's eligibility.
"In Process" is what you'll see a lot when you check. They estimate 12 months processing time for a reason. Once your application is received and you're issued an application number, they start with checking sponsor's eligibility. From there you might get approval quickly, you might not. In the mean time, they could get started on the PR application by sending a medical exam request, approving the OWP if you applied for one, or they could just sit on it a while. The only way to keep track is through ECAS since you have a representative handling things for you. Just keep in mind, there may be days, or even weeks, where nothing changes. But as long as you can check ECAS, your application is moving forward

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
I just submitted my Inland Spousal application for my spouse on July 29.
Let's see how long it takes for me to receive the AOR from IRCC.
So far, nothing yet.

KGo

Jul 23, 2018
hi guys,

I am planning to apply for my husband's PR who is already here on student visa.
Do we need a consultant or any assistance given the spouse sponsorship includes a lot of paperwork?
Is it doable/manageable by oneself?

th_10

Oct 5, 2017
hi guys,

Do we need a consultant or any assistance given the spouse sponsorship includes a lot of paperwork?
Yes, a lot of people here did the application themselves. It definitely can be done as long as you are organized and detailed because any missing information on your application will be sent back. As for myself, my husband and I worked with an immigration consultant as we were afraid of missing information and/or signatures. But if you decide to go with the route of working with a professional..be prepared to pay lots of $$$.

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
hi guys,

My husband (sponsor) and I did ours ourselves, it took time and lots of triple-checking things, but we saved money by not using to a consultant.

I've seen people comment that theyve gone to a consultant just to look everything over before submitting, just to make sure all the necessary documents are there and everything is signed properly and whatnot, that could be an option for you.

Here is the basic guide for sponsoring your spouse. The complete guide (which is linked in the "Before You Start" section) is really useful for finding specific information about individual forms. Read through the basic guide, and if you think you might have issues with any part of the application, or if it seems too complicated for you, consider finding a consultant to help you. This forum is also a good source of assistance or for getting answers to some questions you might have, especially if you decide not to use a consultant. Just remember, we're not lawyers or anything, we can only tell you how we did what we did

Rjanz

Jul 20, 2019
Can i link my owp when as soon as I receive my AOR? If yes, how? Been trying to link owp but no luck at all.

Sh@87

Aug 5, 2019
My application received on 10 June 2019 still I didn't receive AOR yet. I talked to CIC but they are saying - need to wait. It usually takes 3 months.
My query is that - Is it really takes 3 months to get AOR?

ariben

Jun 14, 2019
Hi! I'm seeing in the spreadsheet that some people have applied for CSQ before obtaining their SA....Have you had your applications returned or no reply from MIDI yet?

Filica13

Jul 17, 2019
Hi! I'm seeing in the spreadsheet that some people have applied for CSQ before obtaining their SA....Have you had your applications returned or no reply from MIDI yet?
CIC sent a letter requesting for apply CSQ.

You have to wait for that letter before applying CSQ.

thank you