+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Hi All!
UK Citizen married to a Canadian Citizen. Applied for Inland + OWP Application
Application Originally Sent - May 23rd
Application Sent Back - June 10th (Due to Missing NOA/Option C) + Missing Signatures. (It was all unorganized, but they highlighted which parts I needed to correct)
Application Resent - June 19th (I re-organized it to the checklist because I wasn't sure if I had to or not)
Recieved - June 20th
AOR Email - 1st August (Gave me UCI and Application Number, though having trouble linking OWP + Application. Maybe i'll be able to soon!)

I do have a question though, I arrived in Canada on July 1st 2018 (Visa Exempt), I got married to my spouse on september 1st; due to not recieving my marriage certificate I had to extend my Visitor Recordon Nov 30th (as it was due to expire on Dec 30th). It was approved sometime in Late February for 6months until June 30th; and I had to take the time to get forms and PR stuff organized. However; days before my PR package was sent back I had sent off another visitor record extension asking for a year instead of just 6months (as I read up on this forum you could?); except that was refused in the basis that they thought I would not leave canada (even though I specifically mentioned my reasons for extending which is inland PR).

I called up the immigration helpline worried about my status considering the refusal, they said I was still implied because of the OWP application; and I had to wait until my AOR or information back? as they said I had until September 28th until my "status" would be gone. And would need to restore it before hand. However I am a little confused as to what this means; am I still implied because of my OWP application that I sent in especially now I recieved my AOR?

Please help! Sorry if it was wordy, i'm dyslexic so I get very panicky and confused through phone calls and stuff!
Thankyou

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Hi All!
UK Citizen married to a Canadian Citizen. Applied for Inland + OWP Application
Application Originally Sent - May 23rd
Application Sent Back - June 10th (Due to Missing NOA/Option C) + Missing Signatures. (It was all unorganized, but they highlighted which parts I needed to correct)
Application Resent - June 19th (I re-organized it to the checklist because I wasn't sure if I had to or not)
Recieved - June 20th
AOR Email - 1st August (Gave me UCI and Application Number, though having trouble linking OWP + Application. Maybe i'll be able to soon!)

I called up the immigration helpline worried about my status considering the refusal, they said I was still implied because of the OWP application; and I had to wait until my AOR or information back? as they said I had until September 28th until my "status" would be gone. And would need to restore it before hand. However I am a little confused as to what this means; am I still implied because of my OWP application that I sent in especially now I recieved my AOR?

Please help! Sorry if it was wordy, i'm dyslexic so I get very panicky and confused through phone calls and stuff!
Thankyou
What they told you is sort of contrary to what I found in my research, but if that came from IRCC then I would assume it's true. What I had found was that, because an OWP is changing the conditions of your stay (going from visitor to worker) it doesnt give implied status, but I could be interpreting it wrong. Go by the date they've given you for the end of your status, and if you're worried, maybe apply for another extension now that you have your AOR?

Good news is most people I've seen have gotten their OWP within a few weeks of getting their AOR, so hopefully yours will be approved/arrive before your status runs out. I got my AOR on July 24 but haven't gotten (or been able to link) my OWP yet, but I'm hoping it'll be here soon!

carch

Jul 16, 2019
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
17-06-2019
Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure this question was already answered. My application was received on June 19th but I am still awaiting AOR. I noticed some people on the spread sheet had their application received on June 20th and already got their AOR so I was getting concerned. I went to CIC and I was able to link my application to my account. It does have the "F" in front of the Application number so I believe someone said that meant it is temporary and still under review for signatures? I'm really hoping I get the e-mail soon because we then need to send off documents to Quebec for sponsor approval.

Reactions: Rich4bright

heysushant

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure this question was already answered. My application was received on June 19th but I am still awaiting AOR. I noticed some people on the spread sheet had their application received on June 20th and already got their AOR so I was getting concerned. I went to CIC and I was able to link my application to my account. It does have the "F" in front of the Application number so I believe someone said that meant it is temporary and still under review for signatures? I'm really hoping I get the e-mail soon because we then need to send off documents to Quebec for sponsor approval.
An app number such as XFxxxxxxxx means that it is a temporary app number, which translate to -> the dossier has been received and opened but is pending for review, it may or may not be returned.
An app number such Fxxxxxxxx means that the app has been accepted, i believe your AOR is on the way.

Reactions: carch

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Hi guys,

F is typically the designator for the non-temporary family sponsorship application numbers, so it could be it's been entered and they just haven't sent out your AOR yet. Check the online tool using that application number and the sponsors information (so you can check the status of the sponsorship AND pr applications) to see if theres more info available https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Reactions: carch

carch

Jul 16, 2019
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
17-06-2019
An app number such as XFxxxxxxxx means that it is a temporary app number, which translate to -> the dossier has been received and opened but is pending for review, it may or may not be returned.
An app number such Fxxxxxxxx means that the app has been accepted, i believe your AOR is on the way.
Thank you for the clarification! :)

carch

Jul 16, 2019
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
17-06-2019
F is typically the designator for the non-temporary family sponsorship application numbers, so it could be it's been entered and they just haven't sent out your AOR yet. Check the online tool using that application number and the sponsors information (so you can check the status of the sponsorship AND pr applications) to see if theres more info available https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html
Thank you, I will :)

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
When linking your application, the question that ask how many people on your application, should you put all of your dependent children? are the one that coming to Canada now, and should u count your spouse as well ?

grace777

Jun 11, 2019
Hello guys.
My applicatiom was received on Jun.21 and I just was able to link my application to my GC account. I have not received AOR yet.

Poblem is I just found a mistake on my application. My mothers name was wrong in Additional family information sheet while schedule A (back ground check) has her name correct.

Schedule A -mother name : Hee (correct )
additonal family info - mother name :Hui(wrong)

can anybody please advise what i should do. I dont understand why I made this error on such important docs but I happend anyway.
should i up forward to mention this error via webform? or would it just be okay as sent?
i thought I am now released from worry of getting docs returned as I linked the applicatiin, but here I am with another problem. :(
Thanks in advance.

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
My wife receive the AOR but I'm having trouble linking my application which information should I use her family name are mine

Sakurasahra

Dec 6, 2018
Application sent; June 19
Received by Mail: June 21
AOR: August 2nd
OWP: still pending

Do you guys think that the OWP can be received earlier than the 96 days?
What does SA mean in the spreadsheet? and ECAS?

Last edited:

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Application sent; June 19
Received by Mail: June 21
AOR: August 2nd
OWP: still pending

Do you guys think that the OWP can be received earlier than the 96 days?
What does SA mean in the spreadsheet? and ECAS?
Just from a glance at the sheets, it happens sometimes that an OWP is processed quickly. Sometimes it's not. Unfortunately we're at their mercy and there's no good predictor for when they'll get around to it.

SA=Sponsor Approval
ECAS=Electronic Case Application Status
There's a table in the "Instructions" sheet that has all the acronyms!

Poorva

Jul 22, 2017
Regina
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27/07/2019
Hello,

Do we get the AOR mail before the SA approval or does it co.e together? I haven't yet recieved my AOR yet but when I called CIC on 20th July they gave me the application number starting from F which I assume means the file has all the documents. I'm worried though that I still haven't received my AOR or any communication from their end.