+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

Afishley

Jan 19, 2015
I finally had my landing interview yesterday! I thought I’d share my experience.....

My interview was in Calgary. We arrived an hour early (this was sort of unnecessary in the end) I brought my husband (sponsor) and our two kids along with me. Everyone had to wait in the hallway until the appointment time. There were 5 couples total with the same time. Once it was time, a woman called everyone into another room where we all waited in seats to be called up to the window where there was another very nice woman doing the interviews. Each person took about 5 minutes. She just confirmed names, address, etc. And we made some small talk. She had me sign the copr paper and then we left. It was super easy and stress free. Bringing the kids wasn’t a problem and the people working there seemed to enjoy them being around as well. Two other couples had brought their children too. Now I am a permanent resident!!!!!!! I hope you all get your dates soon and good luck to everyone!

Rishus

Jan 9, 2020
I finally had my landing interview yesterday! I thought I’d share my experience.....

My interview was in Calgary. We arrived an hour early (this was sort of unnecessary in the end) I brought my husband (sponsor) and our two kids along with me. Everyone had to wait in the hallway until the appointment time. There were 5 couples total with the same time. Once it was time, a woman called everyone into another room where we all waited in seats to be called up to the window where there was another very nice woman doing the interviews. Each person took about 5 minutes. She just confirmed names, address, etc. And we made some small talk. She had me sign the copr paper and then we left. It was super easy and stress free. Bringing the kids wasn’t a problem and the people working there seemed to enjoy them being around as well. Two other couples had brought their children too. Now I am a permanent resident!!!!!!! I hope you all get your dates soon and good luck to everyone!
Congratulations.
Can you plz tell me how long it takes for the landing interview after receiving DM . ?
It was mentioned that Kitchener office will contact me. I haven’t received any email from the office yet.

haru1247

Jul 9, 2019
June 27 application , on ECAS i see DM for both Principle Applicant and Sponsor
. GIC still says application in Progress

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Anyone know the best way to apply for an extension of a current OWP? Got my OWP with my PR app but it's expiring because my passport also expires (in May). Got a new passport, but I don't know how to apply for the extension.

Also, how do I update my passport information for my PR app?

Afishley

Jan 19, 2015
I luckily received my DM and interview invitation the same day (December 23)

Here’s my timeline....
App received:6/10
AOR: 7/16
Medical Request: 10/18
Exam: 10/22
Medical passed: 10/30
Background check: 12/11
Sponsor approval: 12/17
Request for proof of cohabitation:12/17 &12/20
AIP:12/23
DM:12/23
Interview invitation:12/23
Interview: 01/23

Congratulations.
Can you plz tell me how long it takes for the landing interview after receiving DM . ?
It was mentioned that Kitchener office will contact me. I haven’t received any email from the office yet.

Reactions: mtcalling

Rishus

Jan 9, 2020
I received email for landing interview invitation today from Kitchener office. Here is my timeline
App Received- june 28
AOR - Aug 13
Med Request- Nov 22
Med passed - Dec 5
SA and DM - Jan 21
Interview Invitation - Jan 24

cjw9292

Jan 21, 2020
Received Jun 25
AOR August 8
Medical Request Oct 28
Medical Approved Nov 3