+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Work permit extension
117 days ?
Working on applications received on July 1, 2019.

Paper
122 days ?
Working on applications received on June 26, 2019.

^This is so upsetting. 4.5 months and still no OWP.
Yeah it's very upsetting, even more upsetting to see those in July/August recieving their OWPs already :(! I have to call tuesday now as I think CIC is closed on Monday due to remembrance day, but I have a feeling that it'll be same answer of "ill put a message through" sort of thing which is not helpful at this point.

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
*crickets*

Has any June applicant been waiting for more than 4.5 months for their OWP? I know people don't always update the google doc.

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
here, my app was received by June 28th and I'm even unable to link the OWP...
Are you sure you're using the applicant's UCI and not the sponsors? That was my mistake initially. Also try entering 2 for number of people in the application (if it's just you and the sponsor).

herecomesyou

Nov 12, 2019
Are you sure you're using the applicant's UCI and not the sponsors? That was my mistake initially. Also try entering 2 for number of people in the application (if it's just you and the sponsor).
Thanks !
I was able to link my PR app but no for OWP...
I've called multiple times to get my application number for OWP so i can link it and the answer is always like " we dont have the app number yet as it's not opened yet" :(

grace777

Jun 11, 2019
Hi guys
For some reason, the google spread sheet for tracking does not exist anymore. I cannot locate the file. are there any changes in link?...
I havent received a medical request yet and am wondering the status of other applicants..

app received Jun 21

aquamex

Star Member
Jul 4, 2019
App. Filed.......
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
13-08-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019

aquamex

Star Member
Jul 4, 2019
App. Filed.......
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
13-08-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
here, my app was received by June 28th and I'm even unable to link the OWP...
Our case is exactly like yours (application received 28 June). Still waiting (to link/get approval) for OWP and Medical Request...

herecomesyou

Nov 12, 2019
Our case is exactly like yours (application received 28 June). Still waiting (to link/get approval) for OWP and Medical Request...
So frustrating, I even submitted a web form to follow up but the answer is "we already left a note to push your application, please contact us if you still didnt get an update one month later" .... i was about to call them to ask for the reason why it's so much delayed but i was unable to call in.

I'm holding a close work permit with my employer, probably that put my application in low priority?

:(

aquamex

Star Member
Jul 4, 2019
App. Filed.......
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
13-08-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
Thank you very much for your kindness,but unfortunately the link does not work either. Not sure if this has to do with my phone only..:(
Possibly. Try using the "Google Sheets" app on your phone...I think you may need to login using gmail/google credentials.

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
*crickets*

Has any June applicant been waiting for more than 4.5 months for their OWP? I know people don't always update the google doc.
So you linked yours and have still no approval? It seems odd, looking through the different threads in here. May applicants whose OWP was returned and resubmitted never got approval but are almost done their process now. We seem to be hanging in the middle while half the OWPs from later (End of August now) are being approved.
I will call immigration tomorrow because honestly this is unacceptable. I linked my application so they opened it ( i resubmitted in September) but it seems like they just throw them in a corner after and never actually work on them.
I just want to get to work, I have a job waiting for me but at this rate....

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
So frustrating, I even submitted a web form to follow up but the answer is "we already left a note to push your application, please contact us if you still didnt get an update one month later" .... i was about to call them to ask for the reason why it's so much delayed but i was unable to call in.

I'm holding a close work permit with my employer, probably that put my application in low priority?

:(
I'm assuming if I call into CIC then I will get the same response as they did "put a message through" but...it hasn't been a full month until the end of this month from when that was done. I just want answers too...I wouldn't worry so much if I could link my OWP to my account as atleast then it's something that's happening. Otherwise it's limbo..... :(

th_10

Oct 5, 2017
*crickets*

That’s me right here. I don’t understand what is taking so long. Will have to call them soon as they told me to contact them if we don’t hear anything within a month.