+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*JUNE 2019* INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Same here. App received: June 28th, AOR: Aug 14th and that's it, still unable to link my owp and no application number. :( already 4 months.
I feel a little better that i'm not the only one going through this! Let's hope something comes this week for us :(

aquamex

Star Member
Jul 4, 2019
App. Filed.......
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
13-08-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
Anyone else still been unable to link OWP / haven't had their OWP approved? Starting to get really worried now :(
I haven't either. My application was received on 28 June, and I got the AOR on 12 August.

I called CIC last Monday (28 October) and the agent mentioned that there is no record that I sent an application for an OWP, which means the OWP application "may" have gone unnoticed (OWP application was placed below the PR application as instructed). The agent also noted that it may have been pulled from the original file, but they just haven't updated the status on the system. The agent did, however, make a note to the CIC officers that the PA has applied for OWP over four months ago. The agent also confirmed that PA currently has implied status.

Pavikash

Aug 14, 2019
Anyone else still been unable to link OWP / haven't had their OWP approved? Starting to get really worried now :(
application sent on june 28, received on July 2nd. AOR 15 august. Able to link my OWP. Still haven't received OWP approval. People in august are starting to get their Owp approval. Dont know why is it talking so long.??

Pavikash

Aug 14, 2019
I have applied for OWP EXTENSION.

Those who haven’t received OWP yet, did you apply for OWP extension or just OWP??

i know extension take longer than regular OWP.

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
So we called cic this morning, AGAIN, and the agent said she will send a note to cic to move our application along since it's been almost 4.5 months. Not sure if this will do anything but hey - we're desperate at this point.

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
Even though theres a rut in the whole OWP applications (which is so annoying honestly, people just want to work and make a living they should prioritize this over anything else)
I passed medical yesterday and background check started today so things are at least moving along. Hopefully we will catch up because then we will soon have our approval in principle

Reactions: Janice Bond

Ashley Val

Nov 5, 2019
Sent in June 4
Received June 6th
Aor July 10th
Medical request November 2
Medical done November 5th

how soon after medical did you all receive request for biometrics. I called and the representative said they don’t always request biometrics once in Canada which didn’t seem to add up.
I wanted to just go in and have it completed to avoid delays. Is this possible? We already paid for it when submitted. What will I need to bring to get it completed ?

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
Sent in June 4
Received June 6th
Aor July 10th
Medical request November 2
Medical done November 5th

how soon after medical did you all receive request for biometrics. I called and the representative said they don’t always request biometrics once in Canada which didn’t seem to add up.
I wanted to just go in and have it completed to avoid delays. Is this possible? We already paid for it when submitted. What will I need to bring to get it completed ?
The Thing is Canada has no Biometrics Stations yet approved for their own process, so if you are already in Canada you most likely wont have to give biometrics. If you did you would need to go to the states and get them done there.

Ashley Val

Nov 5, 2019
The Thing is Canada has no Biometrics Stations yet approved for their own process, so if you are already in Canada you most likely wont have to give biometrics. If you did you would need to go to the states and get them done there.
really? When I put in toronto... port of entry shows up and gives me the closest one as the airport. So we won’t be requested to do this?

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
really? When I put in toronto... port of entry shows up and gives me the closest one as the airport. So we won’t be requested to do this?
Might be that they are showing up now as the system is supposed to start fully in 2020. But as far as I know no one from the inland people has been requested to do biometrics. You most likely will be refunded your fees at the end of the process

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
I have applied for OWP EXTENSION.

Those who haven’t received OWP yet, did you apply for OWP extension or just OWP??

i know extension take longer than regular OWP.
I didn't apply for the extension, only the OWP that goes with the inland sponsorship itself.

wpgielts

Jun 9, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Missisauga
App. Filed.......
04-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-07-2019
Med's Request
29-10-2019
Med's Done....
02-11-2019
Received medical request on October 29th, and done on November 2nd.

Reactions: Topethedop

aquamex

Star Member
Jul 4, 2019
App. Filed.......
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
13-08-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
Am I the only one who is unable to see May, June, July worksheets on the google document? Have they been deleted?

wpgielts

Jun 9, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Missisauga
App. Filed.......
04-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-07-2019
Med's Request
29-10-2019
Med's Done....
02-11-2019
Am I the only one who is unable to see May, June, July worksheets on the google document? Have they been deleted?
No Me neither