+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2019 citizenship applicants

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
HELLO.
I missed my oath ceremony on 5th jan 2021. That time i made a request to IRRC to reschedule my date. I am still waiting the new date.
If someone is facing the same situation and when will i get my new date?

Thanking you in advance for the reply
When is your BG check completed? I suspect they are running it again. If you haven't done so recently, send them another webform, and if you received an email for the oath, respond to that email as well.

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
So my update is that I was requested Passport Copies on November 6th. I have sent it on November 8 and they got it on November 10th. waiting for the next step, for now, it has been 2 years and 5 months and still not completed....

• Sad
Reactions: CaBeaver

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
So my update is that I was requested Passport Copies on November 6th. I have sent it on November 8 and they got it on November 10th. waiting for the next step, for now, it has been 2 years and 5 months and still not completed....
For cic nowadays, they seem to be considering months of wait from each stage without any consideration of total wait time. So possibly unfortunately you might need to wait for few more months to reach next stage.
Seems that we cant easily get rid of cic that easily. They will torture as much as possible before they let us go.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
For cic nowadays, they seem to be considering months of wait from each stage without any consideration of total wait time. So possibly unfortunately you might need to wait for few more months to reach next stage.
Seems that we cant easily get rid of cic that easily. They will torture as much as possible before they let us go.
When I sent them a webform around a month ago, I mentioned to them that my file has been in process for 24 months before mentioning that my last update was around 4 months ago, so they consider the total processing time before ignoring my message as 4 months is within the normal waiting time between steps. But unfortunately, this logic didn't resonate with IRCC, and my message was ignored.

I believe what's happening is this: 2019 and early 2020 applicants who fall within the fiscal year 2019-2020 are intentionally being ignored, because IRCC didn't meet their target for that year. To IRCC, processing those applications contributes nothing to their internal performance metric. So, to them, let these applications gather more dust, that's fine. Later applications are more important to them. I am shocked how a country like Canada implements such unfair and unjust performance metrics, and those who ask for fairness and justice are just ignored because of self-preservation reasons only.

• Sad
Reactions: harirajmohan

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
I have already requested my GCMS notes once before. However, I was asked to submit my FPs again and my background verification was updated to completed since then. My question here is if I'm allowed to request my GCMS notes more than once or is it one time only?

vijay_shavisan

Jun 24, 2019
Hi Friends,

I am also applied with my family in June 2019 and AOR received on June 24th. After that 2 times I gave FP. After that I have not received any update till June 2021.
One fine day (June 09th) I received mail from CIC for test invite with the test date was 10th June (Immediate next day). Without much preparation I gave the test and I was scored 14/20. So I was failed in the test. But my spouse received the test invite one week after with the date of June 30th 2021. She was passed the exam.
The same day both of our status was updated with CITIZENSHIP test completed.
After that still there is no update. I don't know whether I need write a exam or not. I called CIC couple of times and there is nor proper answer from their end.
Anyone have this kind of situation here? Pls guide .

Thanks.
Vijay.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi Friends,

I am also applied with my family in June 2019 and AOR received on June 24th. After that 2 times I gave FP. After that I have not received any update till June 2021.
One fine day (June 09th) I received mail from CIC for test invite with the test date was 10th June (Immediate next day). Without much preparation I gave the test and I was scored 14/20. So I was failed in the test. But my spouse received the test invite one week after with the date of June 30th 2021. She was passed the exam.
The same day both of our status was updated with CITIZENSHIP test completed.
After that still there is no update. I don't know whether I need write a exam or not. I called CIC couple of times and there is nor proper answer from their end.
Anyone have this kind of situation here? Pls guide .

Thanks.
Vijay.
You will retake the test. This will delay your file another 3-4 months unfortunately, and possibly your spouse's.

Application2019

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
When is your BG check completed? I suspect they are running it again. If you haven't done so recently, send them another webform, and if you received an email for the oath, respond to that email as well.
Hi,
My Missed Oath date was Jan 6, 2021.
My online application status last update on 23 April and its mentioned Oath Ceremony not started 6th jan.
I came back to canada in may and send boarding passes through email.
I have no news still and waiting for the reschedule date more than 7 months . I called IRRC No but no reply due to Afghanistan situation.
I emailed 2 time but no respond.
What you think in my situation and is it normal?
I read in the forum that some people get the reschedule date between 5 to 8 months.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi,
My online application status last update on 23 April and its mentioned Oath Ceremony not started 6th jan.
I have no news still and waiting for the reschedule date more than 7 months . I called IRRC No but no reply due to Afghanistan situation.
I read in the forum that some people get the reschedule date between 5 to 8 months.

Just get gcms notes to see if the application is on hold. if its not on hold then its normal as during last 4 months we are seeing less movements for older applications.
I am waiting after test since Jul without anything. So it takes nowadays more than 6 months to see any movement for many applicants.

Application2019

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
Just get gcms notes to see if the application is on hold. if its not on hold then its normal as during last 4 months we are seeing less movements for older applications.
I am waiting after test since Jul without anything. So it takes nowadays more than 6 months to see any movement for many applicants.

Hi,
What meaning of application is on hold and in what situation your application make on hold?
If any application become hold than what will the next step?
Thankyou in advance for the reply

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't have much to say if you already sent them webforms. IRCC prioritizes new applications. We 2019 applicants are forgotten. They also give priority to PRs, refugees and citizenship urgent processing. This means that our applications are sitting somewhere untouched. As @harirajmohan mentioned order your notes, but it may take a couple of months to get them. I applied for mine early November, and still haven't received them. Keep sending them webforms and complaints. Other than that, nothing can be done, unfortunately.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi,
What meaning of application is on hold and in what situation your application make on hold?
If any application become hold than what will the next step?
Thankyou in advance for the reply
Sometimes cic updates the file with your departure and potential return date(whenever they know about your trip outside Canada). But not sure whats happening. So apply for atip notes about your citizenship application so that you can find more detail if there is anything pending https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do
Mostly it wont be the case since we all are experiencing widespread delays across officer for most candidates.
So apply for atip notes and wait for 2 months to get the detail and we will see if there is any file movement by that time.

Robin L

Dec 29, 2021
I don’t know what to do at this point ..I sent my application in June 2019 and no activity at all after receiving AOR in Aug 2019 .

I tried everything: called numerous times , contacted MP twice. They just say it’s in process and I should just wait. They didn’t ask for fingerprints either and I got my notes as well and it seems like a routine application . Any advise ?
It is not
HELLO.
I missed my oath ceremony on 5th jan 2021. That time i made a request to IRRC to reschedule my date. I am still waiting the new date.

It is not a good situation you are in. I my family member missed the oath ceremony in Feb 2020. He is still waiting. We have tried contacting the IRCC via web form and the MP. They say it is in the queue. It would 2 years in Feb since the last invite.

Robin L

Dec 29, 2021
I don’t know what to do at this point ..I sent my application in June 2019 and no activity at all after receiving AOR in Aug 2019 .

I tried everything: called numerous times , contacted MP twice. They just say it’s in process and I should just wait. They didn’t ask for fingerprints either and I got my notes as well and it seems like a routine application . Any advise ?
It is not
HELLO.

It is not a good situation you are in. family member missed the oath ceremony in Feb 2020. He is still waiting. We have tried contacting the IRCC via web form and the MP. They say it is in the queue. It would 2 years in Feb since the last invite.

HELLO.

They don’t care. I said in another thread where my family member is waiting since Feb 2020 for the new date for oath ceremony as he missed it