+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2019 citizenship applicants

mtlApp

Feb 26, 2020
Good day all,
Did the virtual ceremony this week, oath originally scheduled in March, Mtl office.

Thanks to all the people of this community in particular to @dpenabill

Good luck everyone and hang in there.
Congratulations to you my friend! can i ask you when did you pass the test?

Jul 26, 2015
Any member from calgary whose oath was on 14th March(first day of cancellation) and they have not recieved any invitation fir virtual iath ceremony. My original date was 14th march and I am still looking for an intimation from calgary office. Please do reply

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
June app still in processing. It’s being over a year and my status Changed from never married to common law. Do I need to change this info on my app by calling the Ircc? Would that reset my application meaning they will have redo whatever work they have done?
We filled our taxes as common law this year. My partner is also a PR holder and our status changed after applying.

if someone has gone thru something similar please share your thoughts
Thnx

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi everyone,

Just finished my virtual oath ceremony this morning. I'm a June 2019 applicant at the Scarborough office whose 1st oath on April 20 was cancelled.

Happy to answer any questions about the ceremony! Hang in there, everyone!
Hi all,

Wanted to update this monthly thread: I have received my citizenship certificate via mail today (10 days after my virtual oath).
They sent it to my home address, despite me requesting them to send to my new mailing address. I am moving to a new house this week, but fortunately, got it in the nick of time. So just a heads up if any one has a different mailing and home address.
Good luck and hope everyone gets some good news soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: carl321 and solo30

tosinosho1992

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Hi all,

Wanted to update this monthly thread: I have received my citizenship certificate via mail today (10 days after my virtual oath).
Good luck and hope everyone gets some good news soon.
Congratulations..Does the package say "Do not forward or no mail forwarding"?

Kanapolka

Jul 13, 2020
I also applied in June and in process since October. I am over 54, so no test or proof of language required. Best of luck to all.
I applied in June 2019, in process since October. Did my exam in February 2020. Still waiting for the oath. Is anyone else in the same situation?

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied in June 2019, in process since October. Did my exam in February 2020. Still waiting for the oath. Is anyone else in the same situation?
You are lucky.. my timeline is the same.. still waiting to do the test and looks like it won’t even happen this year

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Attended the Virtual Ceremony today. Took 20 mins. officially Canadian now!!!!
Congratulations on becoming Canadian. Will you please share that while making oath speech whether you have also spoken your name after : I affirm...........
......(Name of oath taking person is required or not). Pl share your experience. Thanks.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Congratulations on becoming Canadian. Will you please share that while making oath speech whether you have also spoken your name after : I affirm...........
......(Name of oath taking person is required or not). Pl share your experience. Thanks.
Hi, at the beginning of the ceremony you have to state your name and current location (to verify you are in Canada). You do not have to repeat your name while taking the oath in either language.

Reactions: gsssshmu

gsssshmu

Feb 15, 2016
You dont have to say your name during Oath. Just repeat the words said by the judge in both english and french.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hi, at the beginning of the ceremony you have to state your name and current location (to verify you are in Canada). You do not have to repeat your name while taking the oath in either language.
Thank you very much fir prompt reply and sharing experience.