Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
Thank you! I am neither a frontline worker nor did I apply for urgent processing. I received a call on June 22 scheduling me for an oath on July 3, email July 1, and then a follow up confirmation call on July 2.
I detailed my experience here, https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/no-update-from-ircc-on-citizenship-oath-ceremony-next-steps.682067/post-8700416.
Hang in there! They’re moving, albeit slowly, good luck and I hope you hear some good news soon!
mine still waiting and I am from Vancouver, Vancouver moving slow

Binree

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
Hi everyone,

Just finished my virtual oath ceremony this morning. I'm a June 2019 applicant at the Scarborough office whose 1st oath on April 20 was cancelled.

Happy to answer any questions about the ceremony! Hang in there, everyone!
Congratulation canadian .for me, i don't know yet . I had my exam dec 30 and DM dec 31 . But i dont get any date for oath .it seems like its gona take longer .

hizzoscott

Jan 21, 2012
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone taken the citizenship test since the pandemic?
i see the posts about the oath ceremony being virtual, but i havnt seen anyone who has taken the citizenship test since early march.

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wanna give you guys an update, I just received a call from IRCC that my virtual ceremony is scheduled on next Monday the 13th, below is my entire timeline:
GTA Applicant
App received: Jun 27th 2019
Aor: Sep 4th 2019
In process: Oct 22nd 2019
Test invite: Dec 19th 2019
Test passed: Jan 7th 2020
Decision made: Jan 8th 2020
Original oath date: Apr 20th 2020 at Scarborough, canceled due to Covid19
Invitation to virtual ceremony: Jul 10th 2020
Virtual ceremony date: Jul 13th 2020

Reactions: Binree

liz1985

Jul 10, 2020
Several questions for those of you that have received invitations for virtual ceremonies:

1) Did the initial contact from IRCC about those come via phone or email?
2) Did they ask you to confirm that you were currently in Canada prior to scheduling a date? I realize that you need to be in Canada when the virtual ceremony is actually taking place, but I wasn't sure if they would schedule a ceremony for someone who is not currently in Canada. We are in the US for the time being and, while we would be able to come to Canada for the virtual ceremony (we would travel straight to a hotel with no stops in Canada and then stay under quarantine the entire time), we are not able to come now and stay indefinitely with the hope that we will receive a virtual ceremony invitation at some point in the future.
3) Did they give any indication of what will happen for those who turn down a virtual ceremony invitation (e.g., will they instead schedule an in-person ceremony if/when those start happening again)?

Another question, does anyone know if IRCC can contact people with non-Canadian phone numbers or will they only make calls to people with Canadian phone numbers?

Thanks!

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Several questions for those of you that have received invitations for virtual ceremonies:

1) Did the initial contact from IRCC about those come via phone or email?
2) Did they ask you to confirm that you were currently in Canada prior to scheduling a date? I realize that you need to be in Canada when the virtual ceremony is actually taking place, but I wasn't sure if they would schedule a ceremony for someone who is not currently in Canada. We are in the US for the time being and, while we would be able to come to Canada for the virtual ceremony (we would travel straight to a hotel with no stops in Canada and then stay under quarantine the entire time), we are not able to come now and stay indefinitely with the hope that we will receive a virtual ceremony invitation at some point in the future.
3) Did they give any indication of what will happen for those who turn down a virtual ceremony invitation (e.g., will they instead schedule an in-person ceremony if/when those start happening again)?

Another question, does anyone know if IRCC can contact people with non-Canadian phone numbers or will they only make calls to people with Canadian phone numbers?

Thanks!
Answers to your question:
1. The initial contact from IRCC for me is a call from an officer, he made sure that I will be available on that date to take the oath. And several hours later I received an email containing all the info and password for ZOOM conference tool.
2. Yes, he asked and applicants must be in Canada for the virtual oath.
3. No, but I guess you can always ask them to postpone.

No idea about receiving IRCC calls from a foreign number, but you can only call them via a Canadian number.

gc124

Nov 13, 2013
Did you guys submit a copy of the PR card in the application package? As it is not required to submit as two piece of IDs according to instruction guide...

liz1985

Jul 10, 2020
Answers to your question:
1. The initial contact from IRCC for me is a call from an officer, he made sure that I will be available on that date to take the oath. And several hours later I received an email containing all the info and password for ZOOM conference tool.
2. Yes, he asked and applicants must be in Canada for the virtual oath.
3. No, but I guess you can always ask them to postpone.

No idea about receiving IRCC calls from a foreign number, but you can only call them via a Canadian number.
Thank you so much for your quick reply, I really appreciate it. One more question about your answer for #2. Did the agent ask you to verify that you were in Canada at the time of the call that they made to check your availability for an appointment (i.e., did they ask if you were in Canada at that very moment) or did they just ask you to confirm that you will be in Canada during the time of the ceremony?

Thanks again!

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for your quick reply, I really appreciate it. One more question about your answer for #2. Did the agent ask you to verify that you were in Canada at the time of the call that they made to check your availability for an appointment (i.e., did they ask if you were in Canada at that very moment) or did they just ask you to confirm that you will be in Canada during the time of the ceremony?

Thanks again!
Well, I guess he only confirmed I am in Canada right now since my oath will only be 3 days later, but I am sure if you are in Canada on the oath day that should be fine.

Binree

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
Just wanna give you guys an update, I just received a call from IRCC that my virtual ceremony is scheduled on next Monday the 13th, below is my entire timeline:
GTA Applicant
App received: Jun 27th 2019
Aor: Sep 4th 2019
In process: Oct 22nd 2019
Test invite: Dec 19th 2019
Test passed: Jan 7th 2020
Decision made: Jan 8th 2020
Original oath date: Apr 20th 2020 at Scarborough, canceled due to Covid19
Invitation to virtual ceremony: Jul 10th 2020
Virtual ceremony date: Jul 13th 2020
Congratulation ,so nice to hear that . Hope i will get a call soon .

solo30

Jun 10, 2020
Good day all,
Did the virtual ceremony this week, oath originally scheduled in March, Mtl office.

Thanks to all the people of this community in particular to @dpenabill

Good luck everyone and hang in there.

hafm

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Good day all,
Did the virtual ceremony this week, oath originally scheduled in March, Mtl office.

Thanks to all the people of this community in particular to @dpenabill

Good luck everyone and hang in there.
Congrats - has your ecas status changed? When did they say you should expect the certificate