+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>June 2019 AOR<<<<<<<Join here

nagarajsarath6

Jan 1, 2019
Hello All,

Hope you guys can shed some light on further steps. I received the invite back in March 2019, and I submitted all the necessary documents on 5th of May 2019. Its been about 10 months my application is under processing. The following is the status on my immigration profile.

Review of Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Review of medical results: June 13, 2019 You passed the medical exam
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes
Biometrics: June 28, 2019 Completed
Background Check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made
Final Decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you message once the final decision has been made

Back in October I've applied for GCMS note through applyGCMS and I got occupied with work and personal life never checked back on that. A while ago I've reached out to them on any update. Any suggestions on the next steps would be appreciated. @Ednut90 @wick_sran

Thanks
- NSK

nagarajsarath6

Jan 1, 2019
Called cic today :
My file has been transferred from Sydney to Ottawa ! Is it a good sign?
AOR : 28 June
Med : Passed
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Passed
security has not started yet !
How did you reach out to CIC? Could you please share the contact information, besides web form?

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Tomorrow makes 8 months for me as well
Diane, you should raise a CSE webform and specifically ask for the status of each stage (Eligibility, Criminality, and Security). Also, ask if your file is under Security Screening. (Tip: you have to be specific, otherwise they will give you a generic answer.)
You have the right to do it because you're over the 6-month mark, and it might give it a push!

JanieLiu

Aug 1, 2019
I received the landing interview email. Does anyone know what procedure the interview takes? Does it include handing over my passport and waiting for it to get the visa stamped? Or the visa will be stamped when I take the interview?

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
I received the landing interview email. Does anyone know what procedure the interview takes? Does it include handing over my passport and waiting for it to get the visa stamped? Or the visa will be stamped when I take the interview?
From what I've seen in forums, that's pretty much it.
You hand over your documents (passport, photos, and invitation), get asked statutory questions (your first and last entry in Canada, has committed any crime,...), and you get the CoPR directly (no visa stamped because you're already in Canada). Oh, and you confirm your mailing address to receive the PR card in the next weeks.

JanieLiu

Aug 1, 2019
From what I've seen in forums, that's pretty much it.
You hand over your documents (passport, photos, and invitation), get asked statutory questions (your first and last entry in Canada, has committed any crime,...), and you get the CoPR directly (no visa stamped because you're already in Canada). Oh, and you confirm your mailing address to receive the PR card in the next weeks.
Thank you cjas! I thought I was going to get an immigrant visa of some sort.. Also nice to see you active here. Good news is recently they have been fast processing cases submitted in June and July. Hope you can receive your landing email very soon.

chrisenn

Jan 16, 2020
I got my email confirming that my PR application has been approved!!

Acknowledge of Receipt (AOR) - 25 June 2019
Medical - 30 July 2019
Background - 30 July 2019

6 Month Mark - 25 December 2019
Web Form Raised - 27 December 2019
Reply - 5 Feb 2020

Eligibility - 12 Feb 2020
Request for Passport & Photos (Email) - 13 Feb 2020
Final Decision - 21 Feb 2020

Still waiting for my letter to get sent back in the mail but that should come in the new few days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Froshy and cjas

sunilkamya

Sep 20, 2019
Hi, when i logged in to my cic ac today it showed "Application/profile updated" instead of "Submitted".. dunno what it means as there was no change in my ac. My VO is New Delhi and i have completed my 6 month mark on 28th jan. Hope some good news is on the way :)