+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>June 2019 AOR<<<<<<<Join here

jaganv117

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Hi, I applied for GCMS notes and its been nearly 25 days. I got an email from them saying that the notes will take longer to process, an extension of 90 days to get the notes due to high volume of requests. Is that normal?

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hi, I applied for GCMS notes and its been nearly 25 days. I got an email from them saying that the notes will take longer to process, an extension of 90 days to get the notes due to high volume of requests. Is that normal?
I got same reply from them. I ordered notes on September 4.

Zubz

Sep 24, 2019
Aor 11th june, 2019.
FSW-O
I called cic to know the status. She said my application is in progress. When i asked her for details on criminality and all. She said medical passed, Criminality passed, eligibility not started and Security not started.
9 weeks on the estimated bar. Do you guys think the process will be within the 6 months time or will it take more time.
I am applying from saudi Arabia.

MwaitingforPPR

Sep 5, 2019
Aor 11th june, 2019.
FSW-O
I called cic to know the status. She said my application is in progress. When i asked her for details on criminality and all. She said medical passed, Criminality passed, eligibility not started and Security not started.
9 weeks on the estimated bar. Do you guys think the process will be within the 6 months time or will it take more time.

I am in same stage as you. My AOR is June 25.Cant say if it will take 6 months or more. ://

FromFebruary

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-06-2019
Med's Done....
31-07-2019
Aor 11th june, 2019.
FSW-O
Same here, AOR June 28th, eligibility & security not started yet, application processed in Ottawa. I'm preparing myself for a delay, I just don't see it happening within 6 months...

Nessie247

Jul 1, 2019
Aor 11th june, 2019.
FSW-O
I have a similar timeline: AOR June 28, 2019, FSW-O. As of September 5th my case (per GCMS notes) was: Medical: Passed; Criminality: Passed; Eligibility: Met; Security: Not Started.

I have looked for a lot of information on how long the Security takes once initiated. I didn't find much, but I did find another CanadaVisa thread by @legalfalcon that suggested the average timeline for Security for a economic class candidate could range between 1-3 months. There was a lot of other useful information in his post as well--give it a read, as it might give you some answers: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/.

Long story long: It sounds like you could still get PR within the 9-weeks if your Security only takes a month or so.... but, it sounds like it could also take longer... only time will tell! Here's hoping your wait is short and you receive some good news soon :)

Nessie247

Jul 1, 2019
I have a similar timeline: AOR June 28, 2019, FSW-O. As of September 5th my case (per GCMS notes) was: Medical: Passed; Criminality: Passed; Eligibility: Met; Security: Not Started.

I have looked for a lot of information on how long the Security takes once initiated. I didn't find much, but I did find another CanadaVisa thread by @legalfalcon that suggested the average timeline for Security for a economic class candidate could range between 1-3 months. There was a lot of other useful information in his post as well--give it a read, as it might give you some answers: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/.

Long story long: It sounds like you could still get PR within the 9-weeks if your Security only takes a month or so.... but, it sounds like it could also take longer... only time will tell! Here's hoping your wait is short and you receive some good news soon :)
FYI: The thread I referenced is from 2017... so, a little out of date, but still relevant.