+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2019 AOR cases

Folaroyal

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
I don't know how normal this is but my Biometrics information in the Applicant Information section at the bottom of the CIC page is populated with the biometrics data I submitted for my study permit back in 2016. Does this mean I won't need to submit biometrics again?
If you are CEC inland then yes you will not need to submit new biometrics. You will not get the BIL.

DalidaCanada

Jul 30, 2019
1 year ... they count 30 hours max per week .. total 1560 hours
Thank the ou for your response but I meant when you worked full time while you shouldn’t have after your school is done how long was that? as I was also not aware that we should stop working when we receive the letter of completion from the school and I worked 5days full time while I receive the completion letter but I did not apply yet for my PGWP and I did not provide an explanation letter with my PR application so not sure if that’s ok

Nsidhu

Apr 27, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-06-2019
Thank the ou for your response but I meant when you worked full time while you shouldn’t have after your school is done how long was that? as I was also not aware that we should stop working when we receive the letter of completion from the school and I worked 5days full time while I receive the completion letter but I did not apply yet for my PGWP and I did not provide an explanation letter with my PR application so not sure if that’s ok
I worked for a month I didn't know that time .. i got pgwp from border.. but i am not counting that as a part of my experience so I haven't mentioned anything to them .. am sorry can't answer.. i got completion letter as date oct 18 and got pgwp on oct 20... but I worked from September 15 /2017 continuously full time .. I don't know if its a issue... my friend did same n she got ppr

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Hello guys how long did you work before you applied for your PGWP when your school was done?
I got a work placement through school. After my program was over, I applied for a co-op work permit to let me work in the company as a part of my studies. After I got confirmation that I had completed school, I applied for a PGWP. I continued to work for the same company. I applied for Express Entry on the day I applied for PGWP. Not the day I got the approval, the day I applied. In total, one year.

Edit:
I think I misunderstood your question. The way I handled it, I was never out of status. I went from Study Permit to Co-op Permit to PGWP, applying for each one before the previous one expired. This forum really helped with that.

Nsidhu

Apr 27, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-06-2019
I got a work placement through school. After my program was over, I applied for a co-op work permit to let me work in the company as a part of my studies. After I got confirmation that I had completed school, I applied for a PGWP. I continued to work for the same company. I applied for Express Entry on the day I applied for PGWP. Not the day I got the approval, the day I applied. In total, one year.

Edit:
I think I misunderstood your question. The way I handled it, I was never out of status. I went from Study Permit to Co-op Permit to PGWP, applying for each one before the previous one expired. This forum really helped with that.
I am bit confused which part of the time we cannot work full time ??

Folaroyal

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
This part of your concern only matters at the stage of PGWP application.... once you have successfully secured a work Permit, it should no longer be an headache! Most of these policies are hidden in the website and if you haven't done a deliberate search or you run across the information somehow... it may be difficult to know. If you applied at the border, the officers will usually mention it and say they may not approve your Permit but they still do.
There are policies obvious to them that aren't really practical in real life situations.... the expectation that one should stop work immediately before applying for PGWP or when your spouse stops schooling is not always practicable. It will be amended at some point.
Regards

Reactions: Nsidhu

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
TECHNICALLY, we aren't supposed to work during the period of time between the date we get confirmation that we completed our studies and the date we submit an application for a PGWP.

This is usually like a week. Unless your case officer is having a really shitty day, they won't reject your application. It makes no sense. It's like that law where you can't eat cheese after 5pm on a Thursday.

Reactions: Nsidhu

Nsidhu

Apr 27, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-06-2019
any medicals passed guys?? they are not sending any emails ... please update if you check your account

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Hello guys how long did you work before you applied for your PGWP when your school was done?
I had a 1 year course.
School done May 02 2018 (this day was mentioned in the transcripts as graduation day)
Study permit valid upto : May 31 2018
Got a Job on May 8 2018
Applied for PGWP May 10th
Started working full time May 14th.
My PGWP expired June 28. I applied for BOWP on June 16. I am still working.