+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****June 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Anyone here is with London as a visa office ? I haven’t heard anything since my file got transferred three months ago ! Are they doing BGC now ?!
LVO is extremely slow, it's normal to not hear anything for months. We didn't hear anything for about 6m once we were transferred to LVO.

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
After my file was transferred to NDVO, I received my PPR in 15 days
Congrats on successfully getting your spouse sponsored. I have a few questions about your application, my wife and I have also sent our application last week. We are Indian citizen's and I'm the Canadian PR.

I justed wanted to know if anything that stands out in your case, e.g.:
  1. Can your marriage be verified by the government website using the marriage certificate number?
  2. Length of your relationship in total and before marriage.
  3. kind of documentation you provided to support the application.
  4. Any other thing which you think might have helped your case.
Please share few details if you are comfortable.

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
IRCC responded to the web form yesterday as following:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can confirm the reception of the documents.

If further information is needed, a request may be sent by the responsible office."

On another note, my wife took her chances and also applied for a TRV, a.k.a Visit Visa and was rejected.

This is going to be a long winter!
Well, I just received an email from a CIC Agent from within CIO-Sydney stating that the Receipt has not been attached in the 'email' which is weird because it was submitted via the webform AND IRCC sent a confirmation that they DID receive it as you can see in the referenced post above.

However, I replied with the same information and attached the Receipt again, nonetheless.

This is very strange.

preetkhangura26

Star Member
Dec 24, 2016
Just to confirm folks,we can got to local VFS as the letter also mentions CPC Ottawa for sending passport but i think its just for INLAND applicants.PA residing outside canada can visit VFS to submit passport and also if anyone knows whats the timeframe for New delhi office to send back the stamped passport

And I Really feel this forum has been so helpful.All folks here has been a great support and inspiration.I usually post rare but i do read posts here and people have been very helpful and that is really great.

Wishing gud luck to all waiting there!Be positive you guys are great
Thanks

SGrewal99

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Hi Everyone!

My ECAS shows that the medical request was sent on Sept. 25. That time my application had not been linked yet. GCKey shows status 'action required', but there are 0 messages. We have received no email with medical request. Email address they have on file must be correct as we got AOR1 and SA already. Called CiC and the consultant said that the email was sent on 25th to Sponsor so I asked to have it resend. She advised that they might have to resend it via regular post. Not sure how long it will take and if it won't get lost again.
Did you all got a Medical Request through an email?
Do you think I can have the medical done using the generic upfront form?

28.06 Application received
25.09 AOR1
25.09 SA Approval
25.09 Medical Request

Thanks and fast processing to everyone! :)
Yes, you could. The panel physician will give you the emedical printout with the IME no. Just upload that via webform. Just make sure you take the right documents required so they can verify your identity. I believe they are able to look up the emedical exam no. using your UCI no.

SGrewal99

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Just to confirm folks,we can got to local VFS as the letter also mentions CPC Ottawa for sending passport but i think its just for INLAND applicants.PA residing outside canada can visit VFS to submit passport and also if anyone knows whats the timeframe for New delhi office to send back the stamped passport

And I Really feel this forum has been so helpful.All folks here has been a great support and inspiration.I usually post rare but i do read posts here and people have been very helpful and that is really great.

Wishing gud luck to all waiting there!Be positive you guys are great
Thanks
Your looking at about a week to two weeks. Thanksgiving and dusherra are coming up. So might want to get it mailed out early. They have changed the locations for mostly all vfs offices just to give you a heads up.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
We’re a June 29th who just received our Medical request today! No aor, no previous communications, got the email requesting a medial today. Almost had a heart attack I was so excited. We’re an Outland American who submitted to Sidney for information.
May I ask who got the email PA or Sponsor's email please?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Well, I just received an email from a CIC Agent from within CIO-Sydney stating that the Receipt has not been attached in the 'email' which is weird because it was submitted via the webform AND IRCC sent a confirmation that they DID receive it as you can see in the referenced post above.

However, I replied with the same information and attached the Receipt again, nonetheless.This is very strange.
U r senior here but may I say this is quite normal. What happens is that if we upload reqd. docs , we get acknowledgement..BUT it does not reach the proper place or desk in time. All you can do is re-upload in the email if allowed but if email is "do-not-reply" type, I am sure agent will see it within 2-3 days. It happens with most cases.

Last edited:

preetkhangura26

Star Member
Dec 24, 2016
Your looking at about a week to two weeks. Thanksgiving and dusherra are coming up. So might want to get it mailed out early. They have changed the locations for mostly all vfs offices just to give you a heads up.
Thanks.That sounds great.I was thinking vacations may result in delay but thats good if they mail early due to holidays.It also depends how fast PA submits the Passport or requested docs.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi All,
I have a few questions as you are all experienced ,
1.Have you all changed the spouses name on passport after marriage?
2.Is it better to get Indian PCC for spouse after marriage or before? do they require name change?
3.What are the documents submitted for Proof of Income as I haven't filed tax yet as I landed in Canada 6 months ago.
4,Do we have to submit original marriage certificate or photocopy?
I am new to this and preparing for the application,sponsoring wife from India. Please reply.Thanks
May I also share my experience here if it can be of help?
your Q1+2 =U MUST NEED PCC be4 you apply rules changed. If U R from India U MUST have passport be4 they can even take your application for a PCC. So if your souse never had the passport apply right away with all kind of name changes u feel. If she already has the ppt then leave it as it is, apply for PCC.
3. You don't really need to show solid income but may explain "how you plan to support yur family" this will be a Q in the form.
4. They do specify that the the original of the PCC is needed but when it comes to marriage certificate, they say in the beginning of the guide 'submit photocopies unless instructed otherwise' and when it comes to the sponsored person documents checklist, they just say 'submit marriage certificate' A Certified Copy of the Original if dealing NDVO is what we sent. Thanx