20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
Hello,

June 14 applicant here.

Questions:

Have any other applicants received the request to submit further 'proof of relationship' ? If so have you received your passport request yet?

Case details:
  • Medical done and Doctor confirmed it was sent in before September 13th
  • September 19th - immigration requested another police background check + they wanted further 'proof of relationship'
  • The proof of relationship was submitted on Sept 25
  • Police Check should have been submitted by today via applicants government
Thanks everyone!
Where is the principal applicant from and where was your application transferred to??

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
Hey,

Thanks for the quick response.
  • Applicant from Colombia.
  • It was transferred from Sydney to Mississauga.
Thanks for replying. I’m a June 14 applicant from South America transferred to Mississauga as well, please keep updating here or join the whatsapp group! Do you have the line “we started processing your application on...” on the PA’s Ecas?? I haven’t heard a thing since the transfer on August 29

Reactions: powzers

powzers

Apr 19, 2017
Hey PBJ,

Here are my ecas updates:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 14, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence on August 13, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on August 21, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent you correspondence on September 19, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Thanks for replying. I’m a June 14 applicant from South America transferred to Mississauga as well, please keep updating here or join the whatsapp group! Do you have the line “we started processing your application on...” on the PA’s Ecas?? I haven’t heard a thing since the transfer on August 29

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
After reading that I just noticed that my ECAS hasn't updated at all so far. I still have just the line 1 saying that they received my application on June 27th. Sponsor ECAS shows 3 lines and the last one is that they've sent the correspondence regarding the DM on the September 24th, which my wife also never received. So even though my GCKey shows application in process (eligibility/BGC since September 16th) the ECAS shows nothing o_O

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
Hey PBJ,

Here are my ecas updates:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 14, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence on August 13, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on August 21, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent you correspondence on September 19, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Thanks! Here’s the link for the whatsapp group if you want to join
https://chat.whatsapp.com/FdMIr24NPXZF3j4XOfn5Ts
What did they request on August 13?

Lizwatts

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Stupid question- is the background check different than the FBI police certificate we sent in? Who does the background check? There isn't any Canadian history on my husband, so Im wondering who will look into what lol. I had hoped since we had to wait 20 days for the FBI certificate that that will be enough and he'll get a DM quick

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
Stupid question- is the background check different than the FBI police certificate we sent in? Who does the background check? There isn't any Canadian history on my husband, so Im wondering who will look into what lol. I had hoped since we had to wait 20 days for the FBI certificate that that will be enough and he'll get a DM quick
BGC will be conducted by whichever CPC or VO your application was forwarded to - I assume CPC-Mississauga. They will look into the authenticity of his Police Certificate and other security measures that will prove he's not a threat to Canada. They will also look into the other forms that were submitted and signed by him to check for inaccuracy and truthfulness.

Spousal sponsorship is mainly divided into two parts. Checking for the sponsor's eligibility and checking for the PA's eligibility. If your application is already undergoing BGC, then the sponsor must have already been deemed eligible. They're now checking for the PA's side.

Lizwatts

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
BGC will be conducted by whichever CPC or VO your application was forwarded to - I assume CPC-Mississauga. They will look into the authenticity of his Police Certificate and other security measures that will prove he's not a threat to Canada. They will also look into the other forms that were submitted and signed by him to check for inaccuracy and truthfulness.

Spousal sponsorship is mainly divided into two parts. Checking for the sponsor's eligibility and checking for the PA's eligibility. If your application is already undergoing BGC, then the sponsor must have already been deemed eligible. They're now checking for the PA's side.
Our application is still at Sydney, it hasn't moved yet. We just got AOR, SA, and Medical request on Monday. I was just wondering about the next few steps. Thanks for hte info!

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
Got AOR on 19th Sep ( File Received on 29th June) and no update after that.! Any reason why i am not getting SA or Medical Request Update while others are getting it within a week of AOR.? :mad::confused:

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Hi guys, My application was received June 29. However till today no contact from IRCC. I can't reach them via phone as well.
This is getting out of hand with each day passing by
Hey, Please call CIC and reach to the customer agent by pressing options 2 1 1 0. In my case application was just seating with an officer when i called CIC they sent a notification to the officer and next day i see file number generated with AOR1 in my mail box.

Reactions: saumit12

saumit12

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
hey Avani, thanks for the info, but i have been trying to reach them every day now using 2110. However, i always get an IVR reply back stating that "we are receiving high.... calls".

wendymc

Feb 7, 2017
Hi everyone,

June 1st applicant here. I'm the sponsor. We are both currently living in Australia with our 2 kids (who are Canadian citizens as I was born in Canada). This is our timeline so far:
AOR1 July 11
SA July 18
AOR 2 July 24
Medical Request July 19
Medical July 25
Medical Passed July 31
Additional form requested Aug 30 (we had to send in husband's driver history from Australia)
Additional form received Sept 25

When I log in to check the status, under background check it says "We are processing your background request. We will send you a message if we need more information".

Stupid question - does this mean the BGC has started? I just assumed we'd get an email if this had started but we haven't heard anything.
Am I silly to think we might be on the home stretch now???

chloet

Jul 11, 2018
Hello,

June 14 applicant here.

Questions:

Have any other applicants received the request to submit further 'proof of relationship' ? If so have you received your passport request yet?

Case details:
  • Medical done and Doctor confirmed it was sent in before September 13th
  • September 19th - immigration requested another police background check + they wanted further 'proof of relationship'
  • The proof of relationship was submitted on Sept 25
  • Police Check should have been submitted by today via applicants government
Thanks everyone!
I’m a June 1 applicant. I got asked to submit more “proof of relationship” on August 29 and they confirmed they received the info on Sept 6

Reactions: powzers