+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JUNE 2018 INLAND Application****

mrezanejad

Nov 8, 2017
Is any June applicant still waiting for sponsor approval?? My application is stuck in Vancouver with no update since Jan.
I am also in the same boat, I called them got no response. Followed through MP, again got no response and I am just waiting. It feels like hell to wait for ever.

Reactions: BrasilCan

Esk

Sep 12, 2018
Hi! I just want a advise, 2 weeks ago I received the letter with my interview schedule for August 6 (tomorrow), but I sent an email asking to reschedule this appointment as I was pregnant and my due date was on August 2. (I asked them to reschedule as I didn’t no when I will give birth). Last Monday I delivered. But I did not receive any email back from Etobicoke office. Should I go to interview tomorrow? I will go but do you think there are any chance that they will not see me? I tried many times to speak with them but is impossible (they are always unable to transfer me)...

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Hi! I just want a advise, 2 weeks ago I received the letter with my interview schedule for August 6 (tomorrow), but I sent an email asking to reschedule this appointment as I was pregnant and my due date was on August 2. (I asked them to reschedule as I didn’t no when I will give birth). Last Monday I delivered. But I did not receive any email back from Etobicoke office. Should I go to interview tomorrow? I will go but do you think there are any chance that they will not see me? I tried many times to speak with them but is impossible (they are always unable to transfer me)...
If you are able to go.. I would go.

Reactions: Esk and melito

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
We just received a telephone call from the IRCC agent that sent us the interview request. She was informing us that owing to some scheduling changes beyond her control she won't be able to conduct the interview until sometime in September. She was polite and apologetic.

I (the sponsor) expressed some frustration because the PA has been unable to return home to visit a sick relative. I was surprised when she said there was no such restriction on travel, and that the PA was free to visit family. This seems contrary to the advice routinely offered here, and we're not sure we want to take the risk of encountering a grumpy CBSA agent.

In the course of that conversation the agent appeared to be well informed and was obviously familiar with all our details. So, that's actually re-assuring.
Have you heard from them yet? Did your GCMS notes even indicate anything about eligibility amd why they need to conduct an interview?

I'm getting irritated. We haven't had any communication from them in months and our GCMS notes are way overdue.

may_dec

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Fredericton, NB
Category........
FAM
Have you heard from them yet? Did your GCMS notes even indicate anything about eligibility amd why they need to conduct an interview?

I'm getting irritated. We haven't had any communication from them in months and our GCMS notes are way overdue.
The GCMS notes we received were done on June 30, at that time there was nothing in the file that indicated that an interview was planned, in fact no assessment of eligibility for Sponsor or PA had started.

The agent said it would likely be September before the interview is re-scheduled (as she was on vacation for the later part of August). So we're not expecting to hear anything for at least another month. We did order a second set of GCMS notes.

I'll post an update when I learn anything new.

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
The GCMS notes we received were done on June 30, at that time there was nothing in the file that indicated that an interview was planned, in fact no assessment of eligibility for Sponsor or PA had started.

The agent said it would likely be September before the interview is re-scheduled (as she was on vacation for the later part of August). So we're not expecting to hear anything for at least another month. We did order a second set of GCMS notes.

I'll post an update when I learn anything new.
Thank you for your quick reply!
I definitely hope you hear back soon. I have a feeling I am the same situation as you as they have not started our eligibility with only 1 week left to go. From what I've read on these threads, by the end of your interview they will make a decision about your case.

dididirib

Mar 11, 2019
Hi, everyone. Finally got MR today and BGC has finally started! When we spoke to our MP we were told that our application was stuck simply due the fact that it wasn't assigned to any officer. It finally got assigned to someone on July 24th so basically 2 weeks later we got MR. (Application being processed at the Montreal Innovation Hub)

mrezanejad

Nov 8, 2017
Oh my god, I just received an email from Vancouver office that I can not believe it!!!

THEY ARE NOT PROCESSING APPLICATIONS FROM QUEBEC SIMPLY CAUSE THEY HAVE PUT A BACKLOG ON QUEBEC'S REQUEST!

Is this a JOKE? We have a CSQ! If they did not want the application to proceed why did they bother to issue us a CSQ.

This is the email.

In regards to the application:

- While IRCC establishes overall immigration levels for Canada, IRCC consults Quebec on the number of immigrants it wishes to receive and Quebec establishes its own annual immigration levels plan.

- Should demand for immigration exceed the number of spaces allocated to Quebec, a backlog is created in IRCC’s processing inventory. This results in longer processing times. Should we require additional information in processing your file, we will contact you as soon as possible.

- For information on immigration to Quebec, please contact the ministère de l'Immigration, de la Diversité et de l'Inclusion: medias@midi.gouv.qc.ca.

Last edited:

Mar23

Jul 18, 2019
I believe in the Federal level, same backlog . Just maybe QC’s number is much less now. Can do nothing

mrezanejad

Nov 8, 2017
I believe in the Federal level, same backlog . Just maybe QC’s number is much less now. Can do nothing
This is a nightmare for us! I can not believe it. The email simply implying they might not even process our file any time soon...

LariBoo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Oh my god, I just received an email from Vancouver office that I can not believe it!!!

THEY ARE NOT PROCESSING APPLICATIONS FROM QUEBEC SIMPLY CAUSE THEY HAVE PUT A BACKLOG ON QUEBEC'S REQUEST!

Is this a JOKE? We have a CSQ! If they did not want the application to proceed why did they bother to issue us a CSQ.

This is the email.

In regards to the application:

- While IRCC establishes overall immigration levels for Canada, IRCC consults Quebec on the number of immigrants it wishes to receive and Quebec establishes its own annual immigration levels plan.

- Should demand for immigration exceed the number of spaces allocated to Quebec, a backlog is created in IRCC’s processing inventory. This results in longer processing times. Should we require additional information in processing your file, we will contact you as soon as possible.

- For information on immigration to Quebec, please contact the ministère de l'Immigration, de la Diversité et de l'Inclusion: medias@midi.gouv.qc.ca.
If our application is taking longer, will they Extend our work permits ?? Or Quebec will just kick us out .

mrezanejad

Nov 8, 2017
If our application is taking longer, will they Extend our work permits ?? Or Quebec will just kick us out .
I have no clue, and I am stressed as hell. Are you also from Quebec.

We have to find each other and do something about this. Otherwise, they will not process our files anytime soon. Saying Quebec does not want us does not make any sense. If that is true, why they issued us a CSQ in the first place.