+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JUNE 2018 INLAND Application****

may_dec

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Fredericton, NB
Category........
FAM
Nothing new on ECAS - sponsor side - nothing except "we started processing on July 18, 2018", PA side - medical passed.

(As I've reported before, GCMS as of July 1st said that no eligibility assessments have started on either side, and the only actual note was that Info Sharing produced no concerns.)
Well, finally we have some news - although not the best news. Yesterday afternoon we (PA and sponsor) received a summons to an interview (here in our city) one week from today. The letter also included the following request for documentation:

Please bring the following documents, for yourself and your spouse, with you to the interview:
- All identity documents in your possession, i.e. passport(s), travel document(s), birth certificate, national identity card, driver’s license, OHIP card, etc.
- Birth certificate documents for any children
- Copy of income tax returns filed since 2017, including T4’s and Notice of Assessment. If you have any year missing, you must obtain it from the CRA
- Copy of pay stubs for the past 3 months. If either of you are on social assistance, pay statement from social services
- Lease or Rental agreements of all residences you and your spouse resided in the past
- Copy of home ownership (purchase agreement, deed, mortgage agreement) if you own your home
- Copy of phone/hydro/cable/internet and other utility bills of the last 3 months
- Original and current auto insurance statement from both you and your spouse
- Confirmation from the financial institution where you hold a joint bank account including information of when the account was opened. The most recent 3 months statements of your joint bank accounts or other investment account
- Documentary evidence of any other financial commitment such as RRSP, life insurance or employer provided benefit plans (must be a copy printed from the official company benefit site. Hand-filled copy is not acceptable)
- Photographs of your relationship taken over an extended period of time
- Any other updated documentation to support your relationship and cohabitation with your sponsor.

***IMPORTANT*** ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINAL AND ACCOMPANIED BY A COPY AND AN OFFICIAL TRANSLATION, IF APPLICABLE.
This appears to be a standard boiler-plate letter. Other than adding in our 2018 tax returns, some more photos and getting the bank letter, this is just another copy of our original application.

The demand for original documents seems unrealistic (except for the identity documents of course) as just about everything is paperless these days.

Since our GCMS notes showed no officer's concerns we don't what it is that they're after with this interview, but at least it's progress of a sort.

Reactions: may2019

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
Well, finally we have some news - although not the best news. Yesterday afternoon we (PA and sponsor) received a summons to an interview (here in our city) one week from today. The letter also included the following request for documentation:

Please bring the following documents, for yourself and your spouse, with you to the interview:
- All identity documents in your possession, i.e. passport(s), travel document(s), birth certificate, national identity card, driver’s license, OHIP card, etc.
- Copy of income tax returns filed since 2017, including T4’s and Notice of Assessment. If you have any year missing, you must obtain it from the CRA
- Copy of pay stubs for the past 3 months. If either of you are on social assistance, pay statement from social services
- Lease or Rental agreements of all residences you and your spouse resided in the past
- Copy of home ownership (purchase agreement, deed, mortgage agreement) if you own your home
- Copy of phone/hydro/cable/internet and other utility bills of the last 3 months
- Confirmation from the financial institution where you hold a joint bank account including information of when the account was opened. The most recent 3 months statements of your joint bank accounts or other investment account
- Documentary evidence of any other financial commitment such as RRSP, life insurance or employer provided benefit plans (must be a copy printed from the official company benefit site. Hand-filled copy is not acceptable)
- Any other updated documentation to support your relationship and cohabitation with your sponsor.

***IMPORTANT*** ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINAL AND ACCOMPANIED BY A COPY AND AN OFFICIAL TRANSLATION, IF APPLICABLE.
This appears to be a standard boiler-plate letter. Other than adding in our 2018 tax returns, some more photos and getting the bank letter, this is just another copy of our original application.

The demand for original documents seems unrealistic (except for the identity documents of course) as just about everything is paperless these days.

Since our GCMS notes showed no officer's concerns we don't what it is that they're after with this interview, but at least it's progress of a sort.
Definitely progressing!
That's a long list, are you guys newly married?

Toronto87

Dec 15, 2018

Have you received SA approval or AIP approval before since you order your note?

Toronto87

Dec 15, 2018
Because this is big interview for your relationship genuine don't be scar prepare everything.
Your juin applicant right?

cindni01

May 4, 2018
Hi everyone, I landed yesterday at the Etobicoke office. My appointment was at 9 and I got there at 8:45AM. I left there at mins to 10 it was pretty simple.
The questions I was asked:
Do you have any dependents that weren't on the app?
Have been criminally charged etc?
First and last entry into the country?

Good luck everyone(June 27, 2018)

Reactions: may2019 and RJ8812

RJ8812

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12/06/2018
AOR Received.
27/07/2018
LANDED..........
08-05-2018
Our medical passed date has updated to the correct one as well. Fingers crossed this is good news for the both of us! What is your status on ECAS?
I noticed ours had the wrong date as well, but has recently been fixed

good news???

may_dec

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Fredericton, NB
Category........
FAM
Well, finally we have some news - although not the best news. Yesterday afternoon we (PA and sponsor) received a summons to an interview (here in our city) one week from today.
We just received a telephone call from the IRCC agent that sent us the interview request. She was informing us that owing to some scheduling changes beyond her control she won't be able to conduct the interview until sometime in September. She was polite and apologetic.

I (the sponsor) expressed some frustration because the PA has been unable to return home to visit a sick relative. I was surprised when she said there was no such restriction on travel, and that the PA was free to visit family. This seems contrary to the advice routinely offered here, and we're not sure we want to take the risk of encountering a grumpy CBSA agent.

In the course of that conversation the agent appeared to be well informed and was obviously familiar with all our details. So, that's actually re-assuring.

Reactions: may2019

leaamarie

Jul 9, 2019
We just received a telephone call from the IRCC agent that sent us the interview request. She was informing us that owing to some scheduling changes beyond her control she won't be able to conduct the interview until sometime in September. She was polite and apologetic.

I (the sponsor) expressed some frustration because the PA has been unable to return home to visit a sick relative. I was surprised when she said there was no such restriction on travel, and that the PA was free to visit family. This seems contrary to the advice routinely offered here, and we're not sure we want to take the risk of encountering a grumpy CBSA agent.

In the course of that conversation the agent appeared to be well informed and was obviously familiar with all our details. So, that's actually re-assuring.
Regarding travel, when I called IRCC, the agent basically said it's really not advised to travel, but it's up to us to make our own decisions and weigh out the risks. We've already missed one wedding and are about to miss a few big events in september/october. Would be really nice if they could give us at least SOME solid information.

Thegreen

Jun 13, 2019
Hey guys here a June 4 applicant (Mississauga) my file was transferred to Vancouver and here is my timeline!

Application received: June 4, 2018

Medical request: February 1, 2019

Medical past: March 1, 2019

Request for background: (just update 2 missing addresses) Feb 15, 2019

AIP and SA: July 19, 2019 (letter from Vancouver)

DM on ecas: A few days after AIP and SA on ECAS (probably July 22 or 23)

Interview invitation letter: Today July 25, 2019 from etobicoke.

Landing interview date: August 7, 2019

Btw, my wife call just few times to CIC and I read here and in the CIC official page that they don’t like when somebody asking OFTEN for statements or this may cause a delay in your processing times.

Guys today finally is a happy day for me and I’m sure will come your time as well soon and believe me, I know how you are feeling at this point, I know is so stressful all this process and how you are struggling for don’t have a full rights (in some cases of course like me ) I mean a work permit or OHIP, but you guys don’t lose the hope everything will be good with your cases for sure, I remember when I was reading here comments like “be positive or patient “ and sometimes is hard to take it (was my case and I thought bull $*%* how long more I need to wait ) but I was keeping saying myself “every day, is one day less to the end” keep positive guys and try don’t think to much about this longer process, try to live your life as much as possible normal, my humble advice guys!

My fingers are crossed for everyone and wish you best luck for everyone and looking forward to read your comment here for your landings interviews.

Greetings !

Last edited:

leaamarie

Jul 9, 2019
Hey guys here a June 4 applicant (Mississauga) my file was transferred to Vancouver and here is my timeline!

Application received: June 4, 2018

Medical request: February 1, 2019

Medical past: March 1, 2019

Request for background: (just update 2 missing addresses) Feb 15, 2019

AIP and SA: June 19, 2019 (letter from Vancouver)

DM on ecas: A few days after AIP and SA on ECAS (probably June 22 or 23)

Interview invitation letter: Today July 25, 2019 from etobicoke.

Landing interview date: August 7, 2019

Btw, my wife call just few times to CIC and I read here and in the CIC official page that they don’t like when somebody asking OFTEN for statements or this may cause a delay in your processing times.

Guys today finally is a happy day for me and I’m sure will come your time as well soon and believe me, I know how you are feeling at this point, I know is so stressful all this process and how you are struggling for don’t have a full rights (in some cases of course like me ) I mean a work permit or OHIP, but you guys don’t lose the hope everything will be good with your cases for sure, I remember when I was reading here comments like “be positive or patient “ and sometimes is hard to take it (was my case and I thought bull $*%* how long more I need to wait ) but I was keeping saying myself “every day, is one day less to the end” keep positive guys and try don’t think to much about this longer process, try to live your life as much as possible normal, my humble advice guys!

My fingers are crossed for everyone here and wish you best luck for everyone here and looking forward to read your comment here for your landings interviews.

Greetings !
Congratulations!! So happy to hear this. I wish you the best with the future (also no longer having to stress over this process!). Can I ask which province you are applying from?

Reactions: Thegreen

captain86

Jan 8, 2016
Hi guys,

I got AIP and Medical request yesterday finally.

but... the thing is the address they printed in the Medical form is not the current one. in that case what should i do? why they print that former address instead of current one? I already write current address on my application..

anybody have ideas? plz reply..

Reactions: Sharukh khan

Esk

Sep 12, 2018
Hi guys,

I got AIP and Medical request yesterday finally.

but... the thing is the address they printed in the Medical form is not the current one. in that case what should i do? why they print that former address instead of current one? I already write current address on my application..

anybody have ideas? plz reply..
My address was also wrong, they wrote my previous address from my country. But everything were fine. I got my interview appointment this week!

Reactions: captain86