+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JUNE 2018 INLAND Application****

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
I see..
Has your eligibility or backgound check on gckey changed into “we are processing....”
?
Thats a thing my bgc start feb 1
But eligibility still says eligibility not started
How come not started if they request sponsor employment and my bank statement?
So confused

sarkhan9229

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
When did they start processing your application and eligibility?
Is it Vancouver hub?
You you send any additional documents recently?
Congratulations
I believe eligibility started around 2 months ago and I got the sponsor approval (as well as applicant approval) a month ago.
Yep, Vancouver Hub.
No additional documents were ever sent.

Just to add one thing, gckey is completely useless. So is ecas. I have been checking them both once a day and nothing has ever changed in there. I have always been notified by email.

sarkhan9229

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Did my landing interview today in Calgary!

App sent off: June 20, 2018
AOR: August 2, 2018
Medical request: February 6, 2019
Medical completed: February 15, 2019
Medical passed a week or so after
Request letter #1: March 8, 2019, uploaded same day
Sponsor and PA eligibility passed: March 13, 2019
Request letter #2: March 22, 2019, uploaded same day
DM on both sides: March 25
Landing interview invite: April 8
Interview: April 25

Fingers crossed for everyone!
Amazing! I also received an interview request which is scheduled for May 9th. Can anyone please answer my question below?

On the email that they sent regarding interview, it was mentioned that I will need to go there with my sponsor and my sponsor will need to bring a photo id and proof of address. The sponsor does not have her driver's license and therefore no other piece of ID has her address written on (I do have my license and my current address is shown on it). What do you think are plausible documents that can act as proof of address? Would letters sent to us on different dates be fine?

I can also ask our condominium management to write a letter confirming both of our residence in the building that we are. I already did this around a year ago when submitting my application.

Last edited:

sarkhan9229

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Thats a thing my bgc start feb 1
But eligibility still says eligibility not started
How come not started if they request sponsor employment and my bank statement?
So confused
Exactly. So they ARE indeed checking your eligibility. They dont care about updating you on gckey every time they initiate something. I highly advise to take it easy for the next few days till you receive an email update from them.

Reactions: Sharukh khan

1887CAN

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Also received an e-mail confirming my landing interview for May 4th at the Etobicoke office. I received AiP back at the beginning of the month.

For those of you checking ECAS, etc, mine is still not updated. It states that the application is still in process and the last message posted was the AiP letter. It often takes a while for the system to update. Not sure why. The e-mail for the landing interview comes directly from the local office processing your landing.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, I’m sure your updates will come shortly.

Reactions: Sharukh khan

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Also received an e-mail confirming my landing interview for May 4th at the Etobicoke office. I received AiP back at the beginning of the month.

For those of you checking ECAS, etc, mine is still not updated. It states that the application is still in process and the last message posted was the AiP letter. It often takes a while for the system to update. Not sure why. The e-mail for the landing interview comes directly from the local office processing your landing.

Congratulations thanks

SDOUGLAS

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Brampton ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga

The said sponsor is to bring peoof of address. What is appropriate? Bank statement? Tax info?

CrystalZ

Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

I am June 8th applicant from Vancouver, haven’t received any SA, AIP or DM so far after medical result passed in February. The Website has been showing “processing background check” since then. Does anyone have same time-line as I do, or I am the only one..... so worried.

Thank you.

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Hi,

I am June 8th applicant from Vancouver, haven’t received any SA, AIP or DM so far after medical result passed in February. The Website has been showing “processing background check” since then. Does anyone have same time-line as I do, or I am the only one..... so worried.

Thank you.
Same page my friend
June 12
Vancouver

may_dec

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Fredericton, NB
Category........
FAM
Hi,

Thank you.
June 4th here - same state. No SA, no AIP - and nothing that identifies the office reviewing our application. We're in Hamilton, ON.

SDOUGLAS

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Brampton ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Hi all, anyone can give some ideas as to what to expect at the landing interview? Sort of nervous a d dont want any surprises lol

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
For the landing interview (we have not been requested yet) will it be in the city you reside in?
We are in Edmonton.

Thanks!