+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JUNE 2018 INLAND Application****

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
It sounds to me like everyone does an interview. I dont know 100% but it would seem this way.
You wont need an interview unless they have some concerns about relationship or eligibility
Not everyone gets that interview
Everyone needs to do landing interview if yiu apply inland
Hope this helps

Reactions: RJ8812

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Thank you for your response!!
In my case, no SA, PA as well as DM nothing... do you think there are some issues or it’s something i need to worry about? I saw other people here whose app is in Vancouver and didn’t get SA, PA yet...
I am really getting frustrated for this delay as even December 2018 applicants are getting their DM and interview...
We are exactly on same boat
So upset with that office

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Oh yeah? What’ wrong with our application... is your background check under review?
Yeah they transferred my file from mississuaga to Vancouver and they started processing on feb 1 -2019(bgc start)
Then they asked couple documents from my sponsor like paystubs and employment letter in march and after that no update even they didnt update that they received documents

Chloe0608

Jan 6, 2019
Yeah they transferred my file from mississuaga to Vancouver and they started processing on feb 1 -2019(bgc start)
Then they asked couple documents from my sponsor like paystubs and employment letter in march and after that no update even they didnt update that they received documents
Al least we still have about 40 days to one year processing timeline. I hope it won’t exceed the time period...

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
Have you ordered your GCMS notes? It seems like sometimes they do work on the file but don’t update. At least you could learn more.

Anyway you have my sympathy! My file is sitting in Montreal in the big pile there and I know how you feel! Hopefully we get movement soon...

1887CAN

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hi everyone, just wanted to update this thread for, probably, the final time.

I just officially landed at the Etobicoke office. Very easy and straight forward process. It was very busy, waited for about 45 minutes to see the immigration officer. Once called to the counter, they ask for each of the items on the landing letter, ask when your last admission to Canada was, and then the usual three admissibility questions.

They print the paperwork off and CoPR, explain few things and then welcome you to Canada. It’s a great great feeling for this to all be completed.

For those of you still waiting, I feel for you. I know how agonizing the wait is. The lack of updates especially. However, trust that all is in hand and it will be completed for you too, very soon. The system updates are so sporadic, my account still shows in process. The last update was my AiP letter. The landing interview e-mail comes directly from the office who will handle it, so nothing shows on your account. Eligibility, background check, etc, all show in process, still. So don’t read too much into what’s on your account, if I took mine on face value, I wouldn’t have landed... I wonder if it will ever update to approved/completed. Not like it matters now, but I’m curious at least.

All in, it was a 10 month process for me. Had a work permit for the last 7 months.

I hope you all get your approvals very soon and wish you all well. Thanks to everyone for sharing their updates and timelines, it’s a great help for all of us.

RJ8812

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12/06/2018
AOR Received.
27/07/2018
LANDED..........
08-05-2018
You wont need an interview unless they have some concerns about relationship or eligibility
Not everyone gets that interview
Everyone needs to do landing interview if yiu apply inland
Hope this helps
Ok great.

Last edited:

sarkhan9229

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi everyone, just wanted to update this thread for, probably, the final time.

I just officially landed at the Etobicoke office. Very easy and straight forward process. It was very busy, waited for about 45 minutes to see the immigration officer. Once called to the counter, they ask for each of the items on the landing letter, ask when your last admission to Canada was, and then the usual three admissibility questions.

They print the paperwork off and CoPR, explain few things and then welcome you to Canada. It’s a great great feeling for this to all be completed.

For those of you still waiting, I feel for you. I know how agonizing the wait is. The lack of updates especially. However, trust that all is in hand and it will be completed for you too, very soon. The system updates are so sporadic, my account still shows in process. The last update was my AiP letter. The landing interview e-mail comes directly from the office who will handle it, so nothing shows on your account. Eligibility, background check, etc, all show in process, still. So don’t read too much into what’s on your account, if I took mine on face value, I wouldn’t have landed... I wonder if it will ever update to approved/completed. Not like it matters now, but I’m curious at least.

All in, it was a 10 month process for me. Had a work permit for the last 7 months.

I hope you all get your approvals very soon and wish you all well. Thanks to everyone for sharing their updates and timelines, it’s a great help for all of us.
Congratulations! What are the three admissibility questions?

1887CAN

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Congratulations! What are the three admissibility questions?
They are:

• Have you ever been convicted of a crime for which you haven’t received a pardon?
  • Have you ever been ordered to leave Canada or been refused entry?
  • Do you have any undeclared dependents not included on the application?
All very simple stuff, after that it’s all formalities. The immigration officer was quite curt at first, but after they printed the CoPR they were very friendly, asking us what we had planned for the rest of the day, making small talk with my son, etc.

Reactions: sarkhan9229

mrezanejad

Nov 8, 2017
Thank you for your response!!
In my case, no SA, PA as well as DM nothing... do you think there are some issues or it’s something i need to worry about? I saw other people here whose app is in Vancouver and didn’t get SA, PA yet...
I am really getting frustrated for this delay as even December 2018 applicants are getting their DM and interview...

I am in the same boat. I have not received any update since the medical request in Feb. No SA, PA, AIP, or DM.

My background check even is still not applicable. Are they ignoring our application?

I just enquired through the web form today so we can get some information.

I think we should do something about this situation (email or call CIC) so they would notice our applications too.