SDOUGLAS

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Brampton ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Our application is received on 19 June. No email yet for AOR , anybody know if they send you back would not send you email and simply send you back your file ?
They would simply send the application back. No file will be created if the application is incomplete

Yasir Ayub

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
it should be around 4 months after they received your application, means 27 June + 4 months = around 27 Oct.
Thanks for the reply.
I heard somewhere that there was a pilot scheme running to speed up the OWP approval process for inland spouse application, does anyone know anything about it?
Plus, i was told by my immigration consultant that the OWP processing time is 4 weeks after the sponsor eligibility is verified.........cant wait to get back into work, cannot remember the last time i stayed home for this long.....maybe i should change my mind set and treat this as a holiday.....:)

diamant10

Star Member
Jun 21, 2018
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-08-2018
Thanks for the reply.
I heard somewhere that there was a pilot scheme running to speed up the OWP approval process for inland spouse application, does anyone know anything about it?
Plus, i was told by my immigration consultant that the OWP processing time is 4 weeks after the sponsor eligibility is verified.........cant wait to get back into work, cannot remember the last time i stayed home for this long.....maybe i should change my mind set and treat this as a holiday.....:)
omg I hope!! please let us know of any info

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
Hi, all folks who have received their AOR, is your ECAS showing "Application in Progress" or "Application in Process".
In my case it has been "Application in Progress" since AOR and can anyone bring out the various stages or difference between the two.

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
What does is mean AOR?
Acknowledgement of Receipt. When your application is opened the first time and checked for correctness of all required documents and fee payments. In case your application is submitted correctly, AOR is sent via email to Sponsor. After that you can link your application online. :)

diamant10

Star Member
Jun 21, 2018
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-08-2018
June 22 submissiOn
Aug 2 aor

We had a civil ceremony prior to submission and the large 200 person submission in France in July.

Should I be uploading these photos?

Also how long to link the owp?

Also they never stamped his passport upon reentry what can I use at the registry for health care since we don’t have the visa stamp?

Last edited:

Yasir Ayub

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
omg I hope!! please let us know of any info
Morning Folks,

Spoke to my immigration consultant with regards to the OWP and the processing time, according to him, the paper based application is currently at 109 days and the online application is 51 days.
I applied for OWP with my PR application and they were posted together.

Recommendation is to apply online for OWP again once i receive the AoR.
The cost is CAD 250 but the processing time is halved.

Must say that i am a little frustrated with the lengthy processing time but i guess it is a high workload with limited resources challenge.
I agree with the proposed scheme to bringing everything online and have document checklist so that they can streamline the process and take away the human error aspect of application submission.

OK, my rant for the day is done....sorry

diamant10

Star Member
Jun 21, 2018
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-08-2018
Morning Folks,

Spoke to my immigration consultant with regards to the OWP and the processing time, according to him, the paper based application is currently at 109 days and the online application is 51 days.
I applied for OWP with my PR application and they were posted together.

Recommendation is to apply online for OWP again once i receive the AoR.
The cost is CAD 250 but the processing time is halved.

Must say that i am a little frustrated with the lengthy processing time but i guess it is a high workload with limited resources challenge.
I agree with the proposed scheme to bringing everything online and have document checklist so that they can streamline the process and take away the human error aspect of application submission.

OK, my rant for the day is done....sorry
Okay I am considering doing this, but
He submitted online prior to pr in error so $250
Then the paper application $250
Do we do online again $250

We would because it’s the timing that’s an issue