+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JUNE 2018 INLAND Application****

Yasir Ayub

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Hi All,

Anyone with 4th August AOR and OWP submission date of 20th June on this forum?
Just wondering if you have heard anything on the OWP.....

1887CAN

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hi All,

Anyone with 4th August AOR and OWP submission date of 20th June on this forum?
Just wondering if you have heard anything on the OWP.....
I’m similar, my AOR was 2nd August, and my OWP was received on 15th June. I had my OWP approved 19th September.

You should be hearing something soon. There was a discussion in this thread last week about how some of the applications received after others have been approved first. The approvals aren’t always in strict chronological order, but they’re generally approved around the same timescales, give or take a few days.

Most people with June submissions are finding their approvals are happening within 3 months. IRCC state it should take around 4 months, so the approvals are coming a little earlier than expected in some cases. Unless 4 months have elapsed, I wouldn’t worry about it. After 4 months you can chase the application up with the IRCC call centre.

Good luck, and be sure to post any questions you may have. This place is full of people happy to help in anyway they can.

LariBoo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
I’m similar, my AOR was 2nd August, and my OWP was received on 15th June. I had my OWP approved 19th September.

You should be hearing something soon. There was a discussion in this thread last week about how some of the applications received after others have been approved first. The approvals aren’t always in strict chronological order, but they’re generally approved around the same timescales, give or take a few days.

Most people with June submissions are finding their approvals are happening within 3 months. IRCC state it should take around 4 months, so the approvals are coming a little earlier than expected in some cases. Unless 4 months have elapsed, I wouldn’t worry about it. After 4 months you can chase the application up with the IRCC call centre.

Good luck, and be sure to post any questions you may have. This place is full of people happy to help in anyway they can.
I applied for my owp june 6th but it was returned because of insufficient fees. i resent it and they received aug 22nd. Do i have to wait 4 months again ?thanks

EJH

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
June 6th application was received. AOR 19th of July. Today the status changed to reviewing eligibility. Hopefully tomorrow I will have some good news and this long painful wait will be over. I wish everyone else the best of luck with there applications, and hopefully your not waiting to much longer.
Mine did the same today, did yours come through?

1887CAN

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
I applied for my owp june 6th but it was returned because of insufficient fees. i resent it and they received aug 22nd. Do i have to wait 4 months again ?thanks
It’s generally approved around 4 months from the date IRCC receive the application. So if the application has been returned, the countdown begins again from the date they receive the amended application.

You’re not the only one caught out on the OWP insufficient fees issue, so anyone who’s had this issue before you, and has since had their OWP application approved, will hopefully be able to provide an update on timescales for you. There may be some expedited process for those applications returned, however, IRCC does state that any application returned for any reason will be treated as if the initial application was never submitted. This is how some people lose valid status, as they rely on implied status, but implied status ends when an application is returned. It’s always prudent to extend your visitor status, just as a back up.

Hopefully you won’t have to wait too long. Good luck.

1887CAN

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Mine did the same today, did yours come through?
Once your application is having it’s eligibility reviewed, you’ll have a decision made anywhere from a couple of hours, to a couple of days.

My OWP went from the review to approval in the space of 90 minutes. Others have had the eligibility review started on a Friday and then received approval on the following Monday.

Hopefully you’ll have an answer very soon, keep checking your account.

Reactions: EJH

EJH

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Once your application is having it’s eligibility reviewed, you’ll have a decision made anywhere from a couple of hours, to a couple of days.

My OWP went from the review to approval in the space of 90 minutes. Others have had the eligibility review started on a Friday and then received approval on the following Monday.

Hopefully you’ll have an answer very soon, keep checking your account.
I'll take any movement over stillness! :D

1887CAN

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
I'll take any movement over stillness! :D
Indeed! I haven’t heard of a single OWP being declined yet, so if you’ve got this far the whole PR application must be in order, and the OWP application is as good as accepted.

It’s not mentioned in the guides on the IRCC website, but there must be a fair amount of background checks already done prior to the OWP being issued. We know that they check the application for completeness, as incomplete ones get returned immediately. But the OWP surely wouldn’t be issued without some assurance of the sponsor being approved, no serious criminality, etc.

EJH

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Indeed! I haven’t heard of a single OWP being declined yet, so if you’ve got this far the whole PR application must be in order, and the OWP application is as good as accepted.

It’s not mentioned in the guides on the IRCC website, but there must be a fair amount of background checks already done prior to the OWP being issued. We know that they check the application for completeness, as incomplete ones get returned immediately. But the OWP surely wouldn’t be issued without some assurance of the sponsor being approved, no serious criminality, etc.
I also wonder, if those OWPs processed faster, might be done so because the applicant has previously held a work permit of some kind. I previously had an IEC so, perhaps the processing, once started, goes faster.

Obsessively logging in and out all day, lol. Nothing will get done at home today.

lorelli

Sep 4, 2018
Application was received on June 8th and AOR was received on July 22nd. I'm still waiting for my OWP. I'm thinking I will probably receive it more towards the 4 month time frame.