+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 CEC Applicants

REDDY458

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Thank you! Everything you need to know will be in the letter and the email that you will receive. I did my landing at the CIC office in downtown Ottawa (235 Queen St #005, Ottawa, ON K1A 0H5).
They accept landing on 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month from 10 a.m to 2 p.m. The email asked me to bring:
1- My passport and Visa
2- COPR
3- 2 PR pictures for primary applicant, but I brought my spouse's too. The agent asked for both. Don't forget to put your name and DOB on the back of the stamped photo.
4- Previous immigration documents. The Agent will punch holes in them and return them for to keep as souvenirs.

The wait time was not long, I think it was about 10 minutes. They agent will call your name and ask for the above.
Then the agent will verify your first and last entry. For us, both were wrong and we brought our old passports to show the stamps.
The agent asked us the questions that were on the COPR document:
1- Have you ever been convicted of a Crime?
2- Have you ever been refused entry or required to leave Canada?
3- Do you have any dependants that you did not include in your application?
After that the agent stamped and put the initials on the documents and asked us to put our initials and sign the documents. At this point we were officially PR. The agent advised us that PR card will take 2 months and we should not travel during this time as we will need a travel document to get back in Canada.

Overall, the process was very smooth and the staff was professional and friendly.
Thanks for detailed info.

Richaki

Nov 20, 2018
AOR June 12
MEP June 26
Additional Doc Request June 29
PPR November 26
Document Extension Requested: November 26
Document Extension Granted: December 20

Passport Submitted: January 7
Passport Received in Ottawa: January 8
Application Approved: January 14
Passport Returned with PR Visa and COPR January 16

Landing: At some point lol.

One thing to note for those requesting an extension of the 30 days to submit passport etc. after receiving their PPR, once you raise a CSE and send an email to the email address in the PPR email ( I suggest you do both), the thinking is that you can operate as if your extension has been granted. That was the information given to me in my conversations with agents during that time. To be certain however, you can always call. A sure fire way get through is to call on a Thursday at 8am or 3:30pm.

Reactions: Apurv

Apurv

Feb 23, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
IELTS Request
Qualified
AOR June 12
MEP June 26
Additional Doc Request June 29
PPR November 26
Document Extension Requested: November 26
Document Extension Granted: December 20

Passport Submitted: January 7
Passport Received in Ottawa: January 8
Application Approved: January 14
Passport Returned with PR Visa and COPR January 16

Landing: At some point lol.

One thing to note for those requesting an extension of the 30 days to submit passport etc. after receiving their PPR, once you raise a CSE and send an email to the email address in the PPR email ( I suggest you do both), the thinking is that you can operate as if your extension has been granted. That was the information given to me in my conversations with agents during that time. To be certain however, you can always call. A sure fire way get through is to call on a Thursday at 8am or 3:30pm.
Congratulations!

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Hello Guys,

I have called CIC agent today morning as there is no update after July 13(MEP and IP2). My AOR is June 23, 2018.

Agent mentioned my file is sent to department where eligibility is reviewed at granular level . As per agent, neither security nor criminality will be initiated until eligibility is passed and also there is no due date if files are sent special departments like mine for eligibility.

In btw, reason being my eligibility sent for further review because my employer is located in Quebec and I am resident of Ontario, working remotely.
I think I am in the same boat. Employer in Victoria bc and I am in Vancouver bc. Although my eligibility is set to recommend pass. But looks like they're reviewing.

hari2371990

Jul 29, 2017
Hi Guys

I have called CIC agent today as it's been a while i didn't got any update after 7th December. My last update was in stage IP2.

Agent told me that my application has been approved. All my background check, security, clearence and eligibility has been cleared. I just need to wait PPR email.

Does any one has idea how much time does it takes to get an email?

newimmigrantionc

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Thank you! Everything you need to know will be in the letter and the email that you will receive. I did my landing at the CIC office in downtown Ottawa (235 Queen St #005, Ottawa, ON K1A 0H5).
They accept landing on 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month from 10 a.m to 2 p.m. The email asked me to bring:
1- My passport and Visa
2- COPR
3- 2 PR pictures for primary applicant, but I brought my spouse's too. The agent asked for both. Don't forget to put your name and DOB on the back of the stamped photo.
4- Previous immigration documents. The Agent will punch holes in them and return them for to keep as souvenirs.

The wait time was not long, I think it was about 10 minutes. They agent will call your name and ask for the above.
Then the agent will verify your first and last entry. For us, both were wrong and we brought our old passports to show the stamps.
The agent asked us the questions that were on the COPR document:
1- Have you ever been convicted of a Crime?
2- Have you ever been refused entry or required to leave Canada?
3- Do you have any dependants that you did not include in your application?
After that the agent stamped and put the initials on the documents and asked us to put our initials and sign the documents. At this point we were officially PR. The agent advised us that PR card will take 2 months and we should not travel during this time as we will need a travel document to get back in Canada.

Overall, the process was very smooth and the staff was professional and friendly.
Hi @engray - Do we need to bring photos too? i thought we already submitted 2 copies along with the passport when our application is approved... The reason I ask is because there is nothing mentioned in the letter..So, i am confused....pl let me know..Thanks!

Last edited:

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi @engray - Do we need to bring photos too? i thought we already submitted 2 copies along with the passport when our application is approved... The reason I ask is because there is nothing mentioned in the letter..So, i am confused....pl let me know..Thanks!
They took the photos that we brought with us. So just bring them with you just in case!

hari2371990

Jul 29, 2017
Congrats Hari.
May I know your timeline and visa office, please?
Thanks

Timeline is as follows:

eAOR - 29th June 2018
Medical passed - 13th July 2018
IP2 - 7th December 2017

though my file was approved on 17th december as per GCMS notes, but it has been delayed at a lot
PPR - 31st Jan 2019

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
I have reached the final step of my PR journey as I have received my PR card in the mail. Here is my timeline:
CEC-inland
AOR - June 20th, 2018
MEP - July 6th, 2018
ADR - July 12th, 2018
Additional document submitted - July 17th, 2018
IP2 - November 16th, 2018
ADR - Not applicable November 19th, 2018
PPR - November 26th, 2018
Approved - December 5th, 2018
COPR and Visa - December 13th, 2018
Landed - January 8th, 2019
PR Card - February 25th, 2019

Reactions: newimmigrantionc

newimmigrantionc

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
I have reached the final step of my PR journey as I have received my PR card in the mail. Here is my timeline:
CEC-inland
AOR - June 20th, 2018
MEP - July 6th, 2018
ADR - July 12th, 2018
Additional document submitted - July 17th, 2018
IP2 - November 16th, 2018
ADR - Not applicable November 19th, 2018
PPR - November 26th, 2018
Approved - December 5th, 2018
COPR and Visa - December 13th, 2018
Landed - January 8th, 2019
PR Card - February 25th, 2019
Hi @engray ! Have you received the dependent card as well?