Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
What is the email address you use to contact CPC Ottawa for the extension? Is it CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca? I've read that persons who emailed the address in the PPR email didn't receive timely responses, but that emailing CPC got an extension in about 2 or so business days
Some people get the PPR emails from CPC Ottawa email ID so their email states this ID (that you also mentioned in your comment). But the current batch is from CIO BRCD one and this it states a different email. But, I’m really not sure as to which gives quick response:)

MISSL12

Star Member
May 2, 2018
AOR Received.
21-06-2018
Hi All,

I am glad to receive my PPR this morning and wish the best to those of you who are still waiting for yours!

Stream: CEC-Inland
AOR: June 14
PPR: November 26

I have a question regarding sending PPR documents.

As we all know that CanadaPost is on rotating strike so I want to send my documents through Purolator. Then I will have to send it to the address for applicants who have a mailing address in the USA.

CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Is it gonna be a problem?

Thanks in advance.
I think it will. It says clearly on the email: "The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier."
I would recommend you to follow the instructions.
I sent my passport on November, 26, they will receive it on November, 28. I think the strike won't affect delivery time to CPC-Ottawa.

Reactions: bruceyuan

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I think it will. It says clearly on the email: "The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier."
I would recommend you to follow the instructions.
I sent my passport on November, 26, they will receive it on November, 28. I think the strike won't affect delivery time to CPC-Ottawa.
I was also in the dilemma of sending it, as I have trip planned on Dec 8th. With current strike and everything, when do expect it to be returned to you?

Just read this on Canada Post's website

"The union is still in a legal strike position until noon Eastern Time (ET) today, November 27. While we expect operations to resume in all affected areas as of noon ET today, backlogs remain severe and customers should continue to expect delays for the foreseeable future."

MISSL12

Star Member
May 2, 2018
AOR Received.
21-06-2018
I was also in the dilemma of sending it, as I have trip planned on Dec 8th. With current strike and everything, when do expect it to be returned to you?

Just read this on Canada Post's website

"The union is still in a legal strike position until noon Eastern Time (ET) today, November 27. While we expect operations to resume in all affected areas as of noon ET today, backlogs remain severe and customers should continue to expect delays for the foreseeable future."
Hey Myra! Your case is a little extreme. Is it possible to postpone your trip?
I remember I needed my work visa to be stamped back in 2016 because I got my trip planned. I sent 3 weeks before via UPS, but got my passport 3 days before my flight:D I had to call them saying: I have a flight in 1 week, please, send me my passport, my tickets are not refundable. The guy did not want to check my file, but after my panic attack, checked and promised that I will get my passport in 3 days. I was really nervous those days. :eek::eek::eek:

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hey Myra! Your case is a little extreme. Is it possible to postpone your trip?
I remember I needed my work visa to be stamped back in 2016 because I got my trip planned. I sent 3 weeks before via UPS, but got my passport 3 days before my flight:D I had to call them saying: I have a flight in 1 week, please, send me my passport, my tickets are not refundable. The guy did not want to check my file, but after my panic attack, checked and promised that I will get my passport in 3 days. I was really nervous those days. :eek::eek::eek:
My tickets are also non-refundable. So postponing it means, losing big money.
Just to confirm, how did you know whom to call? Because if you call CIC, you come across random agents. How did you manage to reach the right guy and got your passport? :)

MISSL12

Star Member
May 2, 2018
AOR Received.
21-06-2018
My tickets are also non-refundable. So postponing it means, losing big money.
Just to confirm, how did you know whom to call? Because if you call CIC, you come across random agents. How did you manage to reach the right guy and got your passport? :)
It was easier to reach an agent back in 2016. My wait time was about 10 minutes. I called to Work Permit department (if I can say that). Now, we need to call to PR responsible agents.
Your flight is very soon. I am not sure about how long will it take to stamp your visa and send it back. I think it should take approximately 2 weeks. Have you checked passport processing times?
And just in case ask your airlines to change dates due to visa processing time. They might do something for you.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
It was easier to reach an agent back in 2016. My wait time was about 10 minutes. I called to Work Permit department (if I can say that). Now, we need to call to PR responsible agents.
Your flight is very soon. I am not sure about how long will it take to stamp your visa and send it back. I think it should take approximately 2 weeks. Have you checked passport processing times?
And just in case ask your airlines to change dates due to visa processing time. They might do something for you.
Passport processing time is same as it was, the Canada post transit time has increased due to the strike :(
I did call the airlines, but there's nothing they can do. I have emailed my situation to CIC on they email they provided in my PPR email. Let's see how it goes :rolleyes:

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Anyone who received PPR this Monday has already sent their passport to Ottawa? What is the status of your mail, provided the Strike has been called off? Is Xpresspost smoother now?

MISSL12

Star Member
May 2, 2018
AOR Received.
21-06-2018
Anyone who received PPR this Monday has already sent their passport to Ottawa? What is the status of your mail, provided the Strike has been called off? Is Xpresspost smoother now?
They postpone delivery day every day...

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Sent the passport on the 28th, it was supposed to be delivered on November 30th. But it was updated to be delivered on Monday December 3rd.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Does anyone know what is the step after getting the visa and COPR? Are we supposed to arrange an interview for the landing or we can simply go the border and do flag polling? Or are we already assumed as landed?

hari2371990

Jul 29, 2017
Does anyone know what is the step after getting the visa and COPR? Are we supposed to arrange an interview for the landing or we can simply go the border and do flag polling? Or are we already assumed as landed?
The next step is to get your landing immigration done which can happen in either of the two options:

1. Schedule an interview for the landing at one of the CIC offices, or
2. Go towards US border and get your landing done via flag polling.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
The next step is to get your landing immigration done which can happen in either of the two options:

1. Schedule an interview for the landing at one of the CIC offices, or
2. Go towards US border and get your landing done via flag polling.
Thank you!

My XpressPost was delivered today.