+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 CEC Applicants

Tsteaphen

Aug 16, 2018
That's
When I called last week, they confirmed my application was approved on August 30, but no official news from them yet so far. People with AORs in March/April are getting PPRs left and right this week. It does seem that after the preparations for the new semester (i.e. study permits) they are catching up now by first processing the older applications.
That's good news.

Tsteaphen

Aug 16, 2018
When I called last week, they confirmed my application was approved on August 30, but no official news from them yet so far. People with AORs in March/April are getting PPRs left and right this week. It does seem that after the preparations for the new semester (i.e. study permits) they are catching up now by first processing the older applications.
Also could I know what is GHOST UPDATE? I haven't heard any of my friends mention this

hari2371990

Jul 29, 2017
You are having same timeline as mine..
Did u got any update after background check

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Also could I know what is GHOST UPDATE? I haven't heard any of my friends mention this
what's ghost update - basically which u know unofficial???
It's when you login to your MyCIC account, and it states your application was "Updated", but when you check nothing has no changed/no correspondence/no e-mails. This apparently means that a Visa Officer has accessed your application and made a change - often this is the approval of one's application (it was in my case) and followed by PPR, but I believe in some cases it could also be something different (e.g. transfer to another VO) as not everyone receives PPR right after.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
You are having same timeline as mine..
Did u got any update after background check
New update - just spoke with an IRCC Agent on the phone. Application was approved on August 30, and CIC Vancouver will be scheduling a landing interview appointment with me in the coming 2 weeks.

arun_kumar543

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
New update - just spoke with an IRCC Agent on the phone. Application was approved on August 30, and CIC Vancouver will be scheduling a landing interview appointment with me in the coming 2 weeks.
May I know why a separate interview has been scheduled for you, that too in Vancouver? Any specific reason? This kinda interview is applicable for all CEC applicants?

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
May I know why a separate interview has been scheduled for you, that too in Vancouver? Any specific reason? This kinda interview is applicable for all CEC applicants?
It's a new process they started doing a while ago - Most CEC-applicants get landing interview appointments rather than PPR, probably to reduce the amount of flagpolers at border crossings which adds to the workload and queue time there. Not every CEC-applicant however gets an appointment though, some still do get PPR, and I'm not really sure what factor determines which one you'll get - perhaps only applicants living close to one of their offices get it? I live in New Westminster myself, so both the CIC Vancouver and CIC Surrey offices are within a 45min. commute for me

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
No updates..

AOR June 23
Requested police records July 11 - Confirmed Received
MEP August 17
Nothing since... I see some August AOR already