+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 CEC Applicants

Tsteaphen

Aug 16, 2018
Finally received PPR. You can find my timeline below :)

April 25th - ITA
June 9th - AOR
June 20th - Medicals passed
August 13th - PPR
Hi,
Mine is also on similar timeline but no update on PPR.

April 11th - ITA
June 16th - AOR
June 28th - Medical Pass and request for biometric.
July 13th - biometric submitted.

Now status shows as Background check in progress.

It's a wait game here on

newimmigrantionc

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016

April 25th - ITA
June 9th - AOR
August 13th - PPR
Congratulations!!! my time line is also same as yours except for the ITA date.. mine was on May 9th... eagerly waiting for an approval.

kanchhabimal

Jul 16, 2018

April 25th - ITA
June 9th - AOR
August 13th - PPR
What was the category that you applied from.
Mine is CEC
April 25th -ITA
June 05- AOR
June15-Medical Passes

Still no msg....

Bobqqqq

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
Med's Done....
21-07-2018
Hi,
Mine is also on similar timeline but no update on PPR.

April 11th - ITA
June 16th - AOR
June 28th - Medical Pass and request for biometric.
July 13th - biometric submitted.

Now status shows as Background check in progress.

It's a wait game here on
Any update buddy?

FionaJabberwacky

Jan 17, 2018
Did you have to do a police clearance for Canada yourself, or did CIC do it for you? Becuase they didn't mention that in the list of documents needed. The only asked me to provide Police Clearance for my home country.

FionaJabberwacky

Jan 17, 2018
Hi,

I'm completing my CEC profile too. I have had 2 jobs since I'm undergrad completion. I have some questions about the required job-related documents.

1) CIC wants Employment Records from both jobs, with the following instructions: "You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:
  • be an official document printed on company letterhead
  • include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
  • show all positions held while employed at the company
  • include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits."
2) CIC also wants letter of employment with the following instructions:
"An employment letter is an official document printed on company letterhead stating that you will be employed in Canada by that company for a specified period of time. The employment letter must include your name, the details of your employment in Canada, and the company's contact information.

It may also include:
  • details such as your tenure with the company
  • your title, position and duties
  • approved vacation periods (if travelling to Canada for holidays), or information about whether the company will cover all your travel expenses (if travelling on business for this company), etc"
3) CIC further wants Offer of Employment, with the following instructions:

"You must provide a job offer letter from the employer who wants to hire you. It must be printed on company letterhead, and state that you will be employed permanently in Canada by that company. The letter must specify whether the job is:

• for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
  • for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
  • skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
(Note – in most cases, the job offer must be for a permanent job. For some types of jobs, it has to be for at least one year.)

The job offer letter must include contact information for the company (address, telephone number and email address)."

What is the difference between these documents? First one is the reference letter, which lists all the duties, hours of work, etc. I was also going to mention the NOC here.2nd one is also asking for the same things!! Who sings this one? I can get a confirmation of employmentfrom HR, which would state the basics. It won't list duties and such. 3rd letter seems like an Offer Letter (or job offer as is mentioned later). And Offer Letter would never have NOC number!! Offer letter usually state job title, pay, duration, etc.

Can someone please explain these documents to me please? Thank you!

Tsteaphen

Aug 16, 2018
Did you have to do a police clearance for Canada yourself, or did CIC do it for you? Becuase they didn't mention that in the list of documents needed. The only asked me to provide Police Clearance for my home country.
Hey,
Yes I had to do the PCC/Biometrics for Canada through RCMP. CIC sent email for the same at the time of when my medical got passed.

Bobqqqq

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
Med's Done....
21-07-2018
Hi All,

Any updates on the status. It's the same since July 13th.

Thomas
No updates yet,
Still reviewing the additional documents submitted.
Background check is in progress

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
I submitted for my GCMS three days back. July aor CEC processing looks real slow.
When I called last week, they confirmed my application was approved on August 30, but no official news from them yet so far. People with AORs in March/April are getting PPRs left and right this week. It does seem that after the preparations for the new semester (i.e. study permits) they are catching up now by first processing the older applications.

Reactions: hari2371990