+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Please Help
Ask me to submit passport my passport in Canada, but my wife is in India?....where will she submit her passport only 2 days left should i call VFS delhi ask them to submit my wife's passport, i already sent 3 emails but dont get any reply from Cic....can i ask my wife to directly visit local VFS office and submit her passporr, is it ok
Yes she can go to VFS and submit her passports. The PPR letter issued from Ottawa is considered in any VFS.

PatrickZ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Hi guys, I'm applying for Bridging Open Work Permit recently. I filled the questionnaire and generated the document checklist. However, I'm only asked to provide:
  • Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710) (required)
  • Passport (required)
  • Digital photo (required)
  • Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
  • Client Information
I thought at least a copy of my current PGWP is required?
Inside IMM5710 do I need to provide information about my prospective employer? That section confuses me since I'm not changing my employer nor am I restricted to any specific employer as I hold a PGWP.
Also, there's no input field inside IMM5710 explicitly mentioning I'm applying for a BOWP instead of other types of work permit.
@R.Tequila @Mr_nobody I know both of you filed BOWP application in the past, any thoughts and suggestions about my doubts above? Thanks in advance.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi guys, I'm applying for Bridging Open Work Permit recently. I filled the questionnaire and generated the document checklist. However, I'm only asked to provide:
  • Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710) (required)
  • Passport (required)
  • Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
  • Client Information
Inside IMM5710 do I need to provide information about my prospective employer? That section confuses me since I'm not changing my employer nor am I restricted to any specific employer as I hold a PGWP.
Also, there's no input field inside IMM5710 explicitly mentioning I'm applying for a BOWP instead of other types of work permit.
@R.Tequila @Mr_nobody I know both of you filed BOWP application in the past, any thoughts and suggestions about my doubts above? Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I can't remember and unfortunately I don't have access to my account right now to tell you. But, the answers to some of the questions in the tool is very important and I remember that some of them were confusing for me. Are you sure you answered all of them correctly?

I left the details of prospect employer empty.

Yeah, there is no specific option about the BOWP in the form. I called them, they told me pick "Apply for a work permit with the same employer"

PatrickZ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Hi,

I can't remember and unfortunately I don't have access to my account right now to tell you. But, the answers to some of the questions in the tool is very important and I remember that some of them were confusing for me. Are you sure you answered all of them correctly?

Yeah, there is no specific option about the BOWP in the form. I called them, they told me pick "Apply for a work permit with the same employer"
Yes, I followed an online video about how to fill that questionnaire.

I guess the followings are the important questions you're referring to:
1) What would you like to do in Canada?
2) How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
3) What is your current immigration status in Canada?
4) Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
5) Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?
6) Do you have a written job offer?

My answers for the above questions are 1) Work 2) Temporarily - more than 6 months 3) Worker 4) Yes 5) Yes 6) No. And I'm also planning to leave prospective employer section empty. I will check if I picked "Apply for a work permit with the same employer". Just want to confirm one thing, were you also holding a PGWP when you applied for BOWP?

Reactions: Mr_nobody

PatrickZ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Hi,

I wrote one reply to you but it keeps showing "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.". But yes, I'm sure I answered all of them correctly.

Indersingh007

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Remed Request : 7 August 2019
Remed done :. 24 August 2019
Previous status showing : "To do medical"
Today status showing : " You Donot need medical"
What it means ? Is it passed.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Yes, I followed an online video about how to fill that questionnaire.

I guess the followings are the important questions you're referring to:
1) What would you like to do in Canada?
2) How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
3) What is your current immigration status in Canada?
4) Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
5) Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?
6) Do you have a written job offer?

My answers for the above questions are 1) Work 2) Temporarily - more than 6 months 3) Worker 4) Yes 5) Yes 6) No. And I'm also planning to leave prospective employer section empty. I will check if I picked "Apply for a work permit with the same employer". Just want to confirm one thing, were you also holding a PGWP when you applied for BOWP?
The answers seem correct and there is no issue with that. Also, as long as they have your UCI number, they can look at your previous applications easily.

Yes, I also had PGWP. But unfortunately, I don't remember much details about the process as I did it around a year and a half ago.

R.Tequila

Nov 15, 2018
  • Passport (required)
  • Client Information
Hey Patrick, how is the rest of PR process going?

I do seem to remember I needed to upload a PDF of my current work permit when I applied.

As for employer info in the "details of intended work in canada" section, you can just leave it blank. I double-checked the imm5710 I filled out, I just left any employer's info (name, address, my title/duties info etc.) all blank, as it is an open work permit. And I encountered no problem.

But of course in the "employment" section you still need to provide your employment details, (it says for the past 10 years, but I just provided the most recent as I thought since the duration is more than one year that would be enough, and I encountered no problem there either.)

Hope it helps

PatrickZ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016

I do seem to remember I needed to upload a PDF of my current work permit when I applied.

As for employer info in the "details of intended work in canada" section, you can just leave it blank. I double-checked the imm5710 I filled out, I just left any employer's info (name, address, my title/duties info etc.) all blank, as it is an open work permit. And I encountered no problem.

But of course in the "employment" section you still need to provide your employment details, (it says for the past 10 years, but I just provided the most recent as I thought since the duration is more than one year that would be enough, and I encountered no problem there either.)

Hope it helps
It turns out I wrote a cover letter, combined it with my AOR, work permit copy into one PDF file and uploaded as a letter of explanation. And yes, I left the "details of intended work in canada" section blank and typed in my full work history for the "employment" section.

So far there's no sign of PPR yet. I noticed a ghost update in my IRCC online account last week. No wording has changed, medical status is still "You don't need a medical exam ...". I highly doubt that really means anything. I've seen people under SS got multiple ghost updates to get their security passed. So maybe they're just doing something of very little importance to my file. Really can't expect too much from them, last time I got ghost update after IP2 I thought it was my application getting approved but in fact it was they sending me to SS :kappa:

PatrickZ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
The answers seem correct and there is no issue with that. Also, as long as they have your UCI number, they can look at your previous applications easily.

Yes, I also had PGWP. But unfortunately, I don't remember much details about the process as I did it around a year and a half ago.
No worries buddy, I think I figured it out :)

Indersingh007

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Remedical Status : "September 5, You passed medical."
But today got mail from CIC, Nothing mentioned, Spouse Medical Form Dated 4 September, 2019 again sent with new dates (30 days validity). What to do now...