+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I received my 2nd GCMS notes today. AOR June 17.
I can confirm that I am under SS: s.15(1)

There are 2 full pages redacted: Admissibilities -> Security

Is there a way to know when did SS start from the GCMS notes?
Also, last note says: file is awaiting officer review? what does this mean?

P.S: everything else is PASSED
Yeah, you are definitely under SS. But, you can't tell the starting day from GCMS notes. For that, you would need to get a CBSA notes.
Anyways, I don't think the starting point matters that much for SS. It is purely by your luck. It sometimes takes 3-4 months for some people, but more than a year for others. No one can tell. Hope you are the one that is cleared out soon.Good luck :)

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
I received my 2nd GCMS notes today. AOR June 17.
I can confirm that I am under SS: s.15(1)

There are 2 full pages redacted: Admissibilities -> Security

Is there a way to know when did SS start from the GCMS notes?
Also, last note says: file is awaiting officer review? what does this mean?

P.S: everything else is PASSED
Security details are mentioned in CBSA not GCMS

Reactions: NASARIS

yingying

Jun 6, 2019
Ladies & Gentlemen,

Finally after almost a year, I have a landing interview request email from the Etobicoke office. My timeline below for everyone's reference:

AOR - 28th June
ADR for new baby addition (I had written in letter of explanation that my wife is expecting so can't complete chest xray for medical) - 7th August
Baby born - 21st August
Medical requested for new baby 28th September
Ghost Update 12th December - Everything passed on this date and SS started
May 17th 2019 - SS complete
May 24th 2019 - New medical requested for 2 children other than the new born
June 4th Application approved
June 13th - Interview request for 25th June

Thanks guys, appreciate everyone's help.
Congrats!! How did you know the date when SS completed?

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
So I finally received the COPR in my online account from the London office. 42 days since my RFV letter, 4 days shy of 12 months since my AOR. I messaged them 5 times today so I guess they got sick of being pestered. I'm exhausted, what a horrible experience this whole thing has been but hopefully it goes smoothly for all of us hereon in.

They also emailed me:

"Dear Applicant,

We are sorry for the delay in sending out your documents. This is down to an exceeding large workload in the visa issuing office this time of year. I can confirm that your COPRs have been sent signed for to your address on file. These should be with you in the next few days. Your documents are valid until April 2020.

Kind Regards.
VPU"
May I ask what happened? 42 days sounds atrocious. Did it take them 42 days to send you passports back to you? Or are you visa exempt, and it took them that long to update your profile?

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Nidhi2019

May 28, 2019
Hi everyone,
Can someone please guide me.
I need to get my post grad degree evaluated, planning to go with WES. For post grad degree (in my current name), I need to submit my Bachelors degree which is in my maiden name(before marriage name). Can someone please guide the document required to submit as a proof and where do I mention this in my application to WES? My marriage certificate does not mention my maiden name but my parents name and spouse name.
Seeking guidance of seniors who have already gone through this.

regards,
NS

draxxemsklounst

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
May I ask what happened? 42 days sounds atrocious.
It is. I'm visa exempt. 42 days to get the online confirmation, I'm still waiting for the COPR in the mail, hopefully that should be here early next week although knowing my luck so far I'm not holding my breath.

I was very surprised to actually get an apology from them in that email, shocking that this stage could take so long on top of the ridiculous wait to get the RFV in the first place. I genuinely think they misplaced/forgot about my file this time, because other UK applicants here on the forum got their RFV after me and still received COPR from the London office before me. I don't buy their "we are extremely busy" excuse: while I don't doubt that they are, I just don't think that's why it took them so long to process my COPR. I email them 5 times on the same morning, then all of a sudden they approve it within half an hour and send an apology? Suspicious.

Regardless, hopefully that's it over now and I can start trying to feel positive again.

Last edited:

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
It is. I'm visa exempt. 42 days to get the online confirmation, I'm still waiting for the COPR in the mail, hopefully that should be here early next week although knowing my luck so far I'm not holding my breath.

I was very surprised to actually get an apology from them in that email, shocking that this stage could take so long on top of the ridiculous wait to get the RFV in the first place. I genuinely think they misplaced/forgot about my file this time, because other UK applicants here on the forum got their RFV after me and still received COPR from the London office before me. I don't buy their "we are extremely busy" excuse: while I don't doubt that they are, I just don't think that's why it took them so long to process my COPR. I email them 5 times on the same morning, then all of a sudden they approve it within half an hour and send an apology? Suspicious.

Regardless, hopefully that's it over now and I can start trying to feel positive again.
I'm glad you're closer to the finish line! Good on you for sending those e-mails. Hopefully you'll get your COPR soon.

Apr 29, 2019
My Aor date June 03, 2018

Can anyone suggest me what's the maximum time???

No update just one u passed medical to no medical needed.

Is it good idea to withdraw file???

Uttara87

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Hi guys,
Called cic today,agent said ur file is under review, In depth review.Wat does dat mean? Can ny1 help.
She further said that they have no update on my medical status changed.
She was very very rude. It made me more depressed..

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
My Aor date June 03, 2018

Can anyone suggest me what's the maximum time???

No update just one u passed medical to no medical needed.

Is it good idea to withdraw file???
Do not withdraw the file. It may take a few more weeks or months but withdrawal of the file ends even that possibility. Also, remember in case of withdrawal you may not get a full refund. Please keep hanging. Your file might be under SS. I am sorry, I am forgetful, did you order GCMS?

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Hi guys,
Called cic today,agent said ur file is under review, In depth review.Wat does dat mean? Can ny1 help.
She further said that they have no update on my medical status changed.
She was very very rude. It made me more depressed..
Your file may be under SS or In depth review. There is nothing to worry, as such...there are many who have the same status.

Also, remember some agents are nut bags. They are not happy to help. One of my friends here was threatened when told there is a serious issue with his application and asked if he was imprisoned.

So calm down.

Reactions: Uttara87