+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Apr 29, 2019
Last night, I got an update in the online account. At first, I thought it was a ghost update, but then I found out the medical status changed from "you passed the medical exam" to "you do not need a medical exam".
Could this mean something?

My AOR is June 17, 2018. CEC - inland
Medical should've expired in March
Via phone call with IRCC a few days ago, learned that eligibility passed, criminality and security in process. Agent on phone said everything looks normal with our file and she did not see any red flag.
Ordered GCMS notes; haven't received them.
Same thing happened with me. Aor june 03 inland
Medical expired 27 may

agoyal1271

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Guys After waiting for close to 13 months, I got remedial request. I think this could be a good sign but CIC portal still quotes : We are reviewing your eligibility. I do not want to spend another $1000 USD if these guys can't . figure out my eligibility first. Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Guys After waiting for close to 13 months, I got remedial request. I think this could be a good sign but CIC portal still quotes : We are reviewing your eligibility. I do not want to spend another $1000 USD if these guys can't . figure out my eligibility first. Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance
If I am not mistaken, you were under SS. If so, remed is a good sign and it shows that your SS is done. Usually people get ppr soon after remed

yingying

Jun 6, 2019

Thanks in advance
You could call IRCC and ask if everything has passed. Mine shows "We are reviewing your eligibility" as well, but via the phone call, the agent told me that my eligibility has passed.
I think getting re-med is a good sign.

Pris

May 11, 2018

Thanks in advance
They ask remed only when everyhing has been finalized. This is the case for me.
If you want to be 100% sure call them.
My eligibility is passed since at least early November and my profile still says "we are reviewing your eligibility", that's normal.

Reactions: tobs

inyourheart

May 3, 2019
Last night, I got an update in the online account. At first, I thought it was a ghost update, but then I found out the medical status changed from "you passed the medical exam" to "you do not need a medical exam".
Could this mean something?

My AOR is June 17, 2018. CEC - inland
Medical should've expired in March
Via phone call with IRCC a few days ago, learned that eligibility passed, criminality and security in process. Agent on phone said everything looks normal with our file and she did not see any red flag.
Ordered GCMS notes; haven't received them.

Same thing happened to me 1 month ago.
My AOR is June 18, 2018. EE - inland
Medical expired on 27 April 2019
Medical update on May 2 2019
Confirmed with CIC, SS is still in progress

inyourheart

May 3, 2019
Hello everyone, my SS has been ongoing for 10 months. Is it normal? I saw that most people got SS completed within 6months to 8 months frame... I am so nervous now

RedWhite

Jul 7, 2018
My EE application timeline is worrying me, any suggestions?

FSW-O, EE Application from India
AOR - September 2018
Med Pass - October 2018
Complete Silence after that.

My Efforts to find out more:
Called Agent after 6 months. Agent said I cant see any updates on your application after Med Pass. I am putting in an inquiry.
Got an email from Ottawa Visa office with the generic reply "Your file is in queue for review by an officer.. no timelines committed'

Ordered GCMS notes on 7 month mark. No response on GCMS request. Put in a status update request after 45 days of submitting GCMS request, no repose/updates.

Its almost 9 months since AOR, eerie silence on my PR application and GCMS request.

Expert members in the forum, please advise:
What can I do? What could be going on with my application? Am I in SS/RR?

halashwal

Jul 23, 2018
The only way to know is via calling them or through your gcms notes.

I would call them again and see if they can ses something new. Also, see if you could get your first request of gcms by emailing the company through which your ordered them or order a new set because sometimes they get stuck.

But sometimes no news is good news, and I hope it is in your case too.

My EE application timeline is worrying me, any suggestions?

FSW-O, EE Application from India
AOR - September 2018
Med Pass - October 2018
Complete Silence after that.

My Efforts to find out more:
Called Agent after 6 months. Agent said I cant see any updates on your application after Med Pass. I am putting in an inquiry.
Got an email from Ottawa Visa office with the generic reply "Your file is in queue for review by an officer.. no timelines committed'

Ordered GCMS notes on 7 month mark. No response on GCMS request. Put in a status update request after 45 days of submitting GCMS request, no repose/updates.

Its almost 9 months since AOR, eerie silence on my PR application and GCMS request.

Expert members in the forum, please advise:
What can I do? What could be going on with my application? Am I in SS/RR?

AST92

Sep 28, 2018
Hey guys! Quick one. I received my passport back with the stamp and the expiry date is may 2020. My question is, does the 5 year count for citizenship start immediately or after I land and receive my PR Card?