+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
congrats buddy...SS over! might get a remedical request now...

I got ghost update, SS over. 3 days later re-medical request, 4 days after medical, medical passed (Monday this week) and ghost update again today, called and found out that application approved. Let's see how much longer it takes to get the PPR
Congrats buddy. I am sure your going to get it in a couple of days :)

Might have brought false hope for now to you guys. :( Just got through an IRCC call, she said the ghost update is likely due to my local MP requesting an update and response in writing directly to the processing center that's doing my case through the IRCC; and she said the medical will need to be re-done, so I should be expecting re-med too I guess.

Hence the wait continues! lol geez..
I have never heard of this kindda ghost update. Is it their new system?

Reactions: R.Tequila

R.Tequila

Nov 15, 2018
Congrats buddy. I am sure your going to get it in a couple of days :)

I have never heard of this kindda ghost update. Is it their new system?

From her way of saying it I think the call center agent was just half guessing too.

It could've just been an actual update and not a ghost update, I don't really know what my statuses used to be like. Still, ghost or not, at least I got an update, beggars can't choose!

R.Tequila

Nov 15, 2018
I am sorry to hear that they said the SS is still on going...I never had a ghost update for an MP status update...

Good luck...
Thanks.. I'm not gonna labor to speculate the precise reason, like if it is an indication of upcoming re-med request, why would they send the request if the SS is still going.

At this point tho, I'm just a little bit happy that the arrangement of pixels on my profile page has changed slightly, and that there was indeed an "Application Update".....

abhinavashu

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Do you know any number where NDVO can answer our query on current status as the web form is eternally broken and no one ever replies from NDVO on email. Pathetic redtape!
There is no number that I am aware of. Email is the only option. When i wrote to CIC through webform I just got a reply saying you must write to the NDVO I got the emai id from the cic website.

The email id is - delhi-immigration@international.gc.ca

Last edited:

rohanid6

May 23, 2018
There is no number that I am aware of. Email is the only option. When i wrote to CIC through webform I just got a reply saying you must write to the NDVO I got the emai id from the cic website.

The email id is - delhi-immigration@international.gc.ca
Hmm, I got some update regarding the processing time at NDVO. The embassy has like a months time to check for info incase they want to verify anything. Only after this period will the RFV mail be generated. So my guess is that the recent surge on people getting PPR via NDVO already had their files transferred more than a month in time.

Jul 20, 2017
June 17 AOR
I was just checking my online status and my current status shows "Application/profile updated".

The change that i noticed inside is regarding medical exam.

Status was "You passed your medical exam on June 30, 2018"
Now it shows "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

Does this mean anything? is this a ghost update? is the RFV email on its way?
@cansha @tobs
Hi, are your medicals expired already? I got the same update and my medicals got expired on 19th may. I read at many places that this update occurs when the medical expires. Experrs can suggest better.

abhinavashu

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Hmm, I got some update regarding the processing time at NDVO. The embassy has like a months time to check for info incase they want to verify anything. Only after this period will the RFV mail be generated. So my guess is that the recent surge on people getting PPR via NDVO already had their files transferred more than a month in time.
where did you get this update? does it show online? so this one month time is mentioned somewhere? well if it is true then in my case it has delayed much more than that.

May be the people who have got a PPR now can confirm how long back their application moved to NDVO. Did they have information about it?
Thanks

NASARIS

Star Member
Sep 10, 2018
Hi, are your medicals expired already? I got the same update and my medicals got expired on 19th may. I read at many places that this update occurs when the medical expires. Experrs can suggest better.
Yes, my medicals expired towards the mid of May. Did any change to your status happen since then?

NASARIS

Star Member
Sep 10, 2018
in the queue to talk to an agent right now. will let you know what happens.
So just got off the call with the agent.
He told me my case officer was looking at my application and that is what triggered the change in status.

He also mentioned that back in April, a note was left on my application that it is waiting to be reviewed by an officer. Does this mean the background check is completed?

P.S. when i called and entered my info, before connecting to an agent, the machine told me something along the line off "your application does not exist in our system". Anyone know what this means?

@cansha @tobs

rohanid6

May 23, 2018
where did you get this update? does it show online? so this one month time is mentioned somewhere? well if it is true then in my case it has delayed much more than that.

May be the people who have got a PPR now can confirm how long back their application moved to NDVO. Did they have information about it?
Thanks
Well I had to pull few strings in the ministry to get this info regarding my application. But yes in your case it’s well over a month. :/