+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Actually, I am in a fix...my WP expires mid July...
can i ask you how much time before expiry you applied for BOWP ? Was your Employer aware of your PR process ?
Yes my employer was aware of both PR and BOWP.
You can apply 4 months before the expiry date of your current WP. For me, I wanted to wait a little more, but because my employer kept requesting for either a permit or PR, I applied for BOWP 3 months earlier than the expiry of my previous WP.

Reactions: cecict

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Actually, I am in a fix...my WP expires mid July...
can i ask you how much time before expiry you applied for BOWP ? Was your Employer aware of your PR process ?
But if you don't have problem waiting, I would say wait until mid June and then apply. Hopefully your PR arrives by then and you don't have to go through these.

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Yes my employer was aware of both PR and BOWP.
You can apply 4 months before the expiry date of your current WP. For me, I wanted to wait a little more, but because my employer kept requesting for either a permit or PR, I applied for BOWP 3 months earlier than the expiry of my previous WP.
OK. So, I think it's high time for me also to apply BOWP. Will check with my employer as they are not aware of my PR..
Employer gave you an offer letter for BOWP ? What documents are required ?

I believe I can travel next month with existing TRV before it expires.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
OK. So, I think it's high time for me also to apply BOWP. Will check with my employer as they are not aware of my PR..
Employer gave you an offer letter for BOWP ? What documents are required ?

I believe I can travel next month with existing TRV before it expires.
I was on PGWP, which is open. Since I was on an open work permit, I didn't have to provide any letter from my employer. I think it should be the same for you as it is Bridging Open Work Permit. From the name, it is open so you shouldn't need to have a letter from employer. I am not sure though.

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
I was on PGWP, which is open. Since I was on an open work permit, I didn't have to provide any letter from my employer. I think it should be the same for you as it is Bridging Open Work Permit. From the name, it is open so you shouldn't need to have a letter from employer. I am not sure though.
Ok...Thanks for your prompt response...I am on closed WP..I have submitted my extension documents to our internal Visa Team..
Let them come back to me...

Since mid December, my application is stuck at CIO..have contacted a local MP..they have sent a follow up and told me to wait for 10 business days..

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Hey prashant ,
Did you medical status changed yet after remeds?
I did my remeds on the same date as yours
Nope, still the same. I called the hospital and they asked me to check back after 10 working days.

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Sorry for replying late Prashant bhai... Have been very busy in winding up stuff.. Flying next week to time nahi mil pa raha... How are you ? any progress after uploading re meds ?
No progress after re-medicals. Bhai kaisa hai? Good to know you are moving :).

Mere liye job dhundh ke rakhna

Reactions: gau55555

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
No progress after re-medicals. Bhai kaisa hai? Good to know you are moving :).

Mere liye job dhundh ke rakhna
Ekdum badhiya bhai... I think I told you earlier about the movement (but koi na)...
Tu Bag pack kar ab, tera PPR aa ajaye to FLY ASAP. I sincerly hope that I get a job ASAP and will definitely help you with one :D.
Sab thik raha to I will come to pick you at the Airport :) !!

Reactions: Prashant86_2000