Brazil
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
09-07-2018
AOR Received.
18-06-2018
@phd208 I think the ADR that they are asking is not for RR. It seems that it s mostly for security purposes. RR is usually when they can't verify a document such as PoF or LOE, etc. But, sch A, military records , cv, and government employment records are mostly for the purpose of security.
Yes! That makes much more sense. Thanks for clarifying. It still baffles me that they would wait to ask for this at this stage of the process. Anyway....

I ordered notes only back in July (then it was an actual RR), just to see whether I was cleared and it turned out that I was. Eligibility was changed from "Reveiw Required" to "Met."

But after that I did not order notes. In hindsight, my I should have ordered it in late-2018... now I'm back to waiting mode.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Yes! That makes much more sense. Thanks for clarifying. It still baffles me that they would wait to ask for this at this stage of the process. Anyway....

I ordered notes only back in July (then it was an actual RR), just to see whether I was cleared and it turned out that I was. Eligibility was changed from "Reveiw Required" to "Met."

But after that I did not order notes. In hindsight, my I should have ordered it in late-2018... now I'm back to waiting mode.
You RR was probably for something else. Good thing that it is already cleared out.
Security is usually done by CBSA, RCMP, CISI, etc. For CIC, there is no point sending a person with RR to security, so they usually (not always) work on the eligibility first and if met/or recommend passed then they send the person for security. That is why you see this late they are asking for these ADRs. Most probably the ADR was also requested by other agencies, not CIC itself.

If your eligibility has already passed, there is nothing that you can do. Given your previous employment at government, your case seems to be more complicated than others. Hope your hear back from them soon

Reactions: phd208

phd208

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Brazil
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
09-07-2018
AOR Received.
18-06-2018
You RR was probably for something else. Good thing that it is already cleared out.
Security is usually done by CBSA, RCMP, CISI, etc. For CIC, there is no point sending a person with RR to security, so they usually (not always) work on the eligibility first and if met/or recommend passed then they send the person for security. That is why you see this late they are asking for these ADRs. Most probably the ADR was also requested by other agencies, not CIC itself.

If your eligibility has already passed, there is nothing that you can do. Given your previous employment at government, your case seems to be more complicated than others. Hope your hear back from them soon
Thanks for the insight. It's helpful to have a better idea of what is going on. Cheers!

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Richikachopra

Star Member
Aug 18, 2018
Hi guys heard from them today .. was refused due to funds ... they stated that based on investments they dnt think funds will be readily available...in light of this im going to liquidate the investments and try again ... any suggestions?
Hi Petra,
At what stage were you when they rejected it ... was your back ground check status under processing or not atartee yet ?
Thanks
Wish you all the best for submitting the recorrection..

Petra2019

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
Hi Petra,
At what stage were you when they rejected it ... was your back ground check status under processing or not atartee yet ?
Thanks
Wish you all the best for submitting the recorrection..

I’m not sure as last update I got was medical passed.. an email from Ottawa that file was in queue for review. About six weeks ago applied for GCMS Notes but still have not gotten them to date. Then email last night re: decision

Axehere

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
So..
21 days since we submitted our passports to Abu Dhabi VFS.. we have our files approved and closed on CIC..
Hopefully we get our passports by tomorrow..(today)
I have to say thank you to everyone here.. I don't want to mention names but all who have been here since July Aug 2018.. I was a silent reader for 5 months and then couldn't hold back any longer..
You guys are family.. and I hope Every one who are still waiting gets closure.
We should enter Canada with a new dream on the 21st of April.. hope we meet in this life or another..
Thank you again for all the support and advice..

Axehere

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Just so you can relate to my experience, I got my PPR on march 13, went to VFS on march 20, they (VFS) told me it would take 3 weeks to get my passport back, however on april 2 I got an update on my CIC account as well as a message. The update was that my application was approved (that happens when your visa is affixed to your passport) and a new section showed up on myCIC account named "Document Status" mentioning my visa expiry date there with other info like passport number, validity, etc. On the message there was a letter with some post arrival guidelines as well as visa and copr numbers, the expiry date is confirmed there. I didn't get any extension, my visa expires on June 4 (same day as my medicals) and I should be receiving my passport this or next week, so plan accordingly just in case. They might extend them if the expiry date will be too short but don't count on it, they ask remeds prior to the PPR so that's probably not your case.
Thank you sir

Axehere

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Hey @Axehere , please let us know when you get your COPR.. I will submit my passport this week and have the same query.. my medicals expire in 1st half of June.. and how come they have taken a month to stamp your passport?
21 days to stamp.. hasn't come to vfs yet.. hopefully tomorrow

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Guys, just got off the call with an agent. She said the security has still not started and that there is a note from today that my application is awaiting review by an officer.

Seems more wait before these wings get to take a flight. :)

Reactions: Ronja5200

Jss592

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Guys, just got off the call with an agent. She said the security has still not started and that there is a note from today that my application is awaiting review by an officer.

Seems more wait before these wings get to take a flight. :)
Don’t believe them buddy!
My friend got ppr yesterday, exactly one week from medicals done. She got ghost update a day before getting ppr. You should also get yours latest by Tuesday. Good luck