+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Petra2019

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
I feel you still stand a chance if you can liquidate the funds immediately and send the evidence to them.In a way it will show that they erred in determining that your funds can't be readily available when needed.And you might be reconsidered

Will be liquidating funds tomorrow which has increased...so I’m way over required amount.

amisanghavi

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Hi guys heard from them today .. was refused due to funds ... they stated that based on investments they dnt think funds will be readily available...in light of this im going to liquidate the investments and try again ... any suggestions?
@tobs, @cansha, @Prashant86_2000 arent they suppose to send some kind of letter first showing their intention for rejection and the applicant gets 1 week chance to explain their side?

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
@tobs, @cansha, @Prashant86_2000 arent they suppose to send some kind of letter first showing their intention for rejection and the applicant gets 1 week chance to explain their side?
They used to send procedural fairness letter to explain the case and people have submitted relevant documents and were through but seeing last 3-4 cases I am surprised to see straightaway rejection.

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Thanks but my question is can I ask them for reconsideration? As I’m going go liquidate investments tomorrow and collect new statements. Is it possible ? Can I submit new statements and ask for reconsideration?
You can try by providing relevant documents through cse and ask them to reopen your application.

Reactions: cansha

amisanghavi

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
They used to send procedural fairness letter to explain the case and people have submitted relevant documents and were through but seeing last 3-4 cases I am surprised to see straightaway rejection.
Exactly..also fd investment is the safest way of investment and can be liquidated any time

amisanghavi

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Do you have review required for eligibility? If so don’t hesitate to upload correct documents and get yourself out of this mess.
Yes i do have RR..also its about POF..and even i have shown Pof in form of Fds..that is why @Petra2019 case was alarming and at the same time shocking too..i have uploaded loe but before 15 days when i called cic, there was no movement in my file

meany23

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Yes i do have RR..also its about POF..and even i have shown Pof in form of Fds..that is why @Petra2019 case was alarming and at the same time shocking too..i have uploaded loe but before 15 days when i called cic, there was no movement in my file
I also had rr pof for FDs. Others suggested me to upload loe which explains that FDs are already liquid and money can be withdrawn at any point, and get a letter from bank that states the same. And that worked. I also mentioned total equivalent CAD amount based on exchange rate on the day I submitted my updated documents.
Also, I think they don't pick your file the moment you raise a CSE and it remains in queue until the next officer picks the file. If he has all required documents at that point the chances are that you'd get approval soon.

Axehere

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Hi guys..
I may receive my copr tomorrow.. my medicals expire on 23rd April..
Just wanted to check if the medical expiry and landing expiry always corresponds with each other or will they give me an extension on the landing date..
Thanks

meany23

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Hi guys..
Just wanted to check if the medical expiry and landing expiry always corresponds with each other or will they give me an extension on the landing date..
Thanks
Chances are that they had already extended your medicals. They either ask for remeds or extend if the COPR is issued with less than 2 months time. Hope for the best and wait till tomorrow. And congratulatio on copr! :)

kivcool

Jun 4, 2018
Hi guys..
Thanks
Hey @Axehere , please let us know when you get your COPR.. I will submit my passport this week and have the same query.. my medicals expire in 1st half of June.. and how come they have taken a month to stamp your passport?

Last edited:

amisanghavi

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
I also had rr pof for FDs. Others suggested me to upload loe which explains that FDs are already liquid and money can be withdrawn at any point, and get a letter from bank that states the same. And that worked. I also mentioned total equivalent CAD amount based on exchange rate on the day I submitted my updated documents.
Also, I think they don't pick your file the moment you raise a CSE and it remains in queue until the next officer picks the file. If he has all required documents at that point the chances are that you'd get approval soon.
I have done the same thing..experts in this thread had advised me to do so..also i particularly asked bank to write in my bank certificate that all of my fd's are free from any lien and can be liquidated any time..hope that suffice cic query but i am very much worried after @Petra2019 case..i also came to know that the officer does not go through all the documents and they just give a quick look to first few pages, which is again very stressful as they will not read the explanation given..anyways, i just applied for 2nd set of gcms notes

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
@Petra2019 and @amisanghavi - you can take help from @meany23, similar case it seems.