+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
Sorry for the late reply but hearty congratulations @Mr_nobody !! I'm really happy you finally got your PPR! I was kind of trying to ignore the fact my application is not moving by staying away since Thursday but I missed you all so much hahaha good to know a couple others also got the golden mail. I feel I'm almost the only one left but then again, maybe they are saving the best for last. ;)
same boat, were gonna be fine man!

Reactions: DanFariasM

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
Congratulations. It's so great to hear that the files are moving.
This definitely shows the usual security usually takes a couple of minutes to at most a couple of days. They just need to start it!
you're right. my roommates dad who works at csis say that security for those that have already had a canadian visa or been in canada for a long time school, pgwp, is just a quick approval.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
you're right. my roommates dad who works at csis say that security for those that have already had a canadian visa or been in canada for a long time school, pgwp, is just a quick approval.
Maybe yes maybe no. It depends the level of security that they ask for.The regular security, I agree it shouldn't take that long. But, SS, takes way too long for some applicants.
Before my PR, I applied for TRV(twice), study permit(twice), PGWP, and BOWP. Still my SS took some 3-4 months. And I can tell that I was lucky that it was done in this short time !!!

Hemusharma51

May 19, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
Nomination.....
May-18
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Got my PPR 9 months and 1 day after AOR.

Coincidentally I called the day before and got the same status that I have been getting for the past 8 months. Eligibility 'Review Required'; Security not started and background in progress. Ghost Update a few hours after the call.
Overnight all three were passed. Security went from Not Started to Passed in a few hours.

Hope the rest of you get yours soon!

I've been in Toronto for almost 3 years now and if there's something that you guys wish to chat about, feel free to send me a personal message.
Congrats
Btw what wad ur RR?

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
Maybe yes maybe no. It depends the level of security that they ask for.The regular security, I agree it shouldn't take that long. But, SS, takes way too long for some applicants.
Before my PR, I applied for TRV(twice), study permit(twice), PGWP, and BOWP. Still my SS took some 3-4 months. And I can tell that I was lucky that it was done in this short time !!!
btw, Why did you get extra SS? is there a criteria or does it depends on where you're from? Seems like a bad way to discriminate against some countries. I have a UK passport so I can enter Canada without a visa anyway but still taking me 8 months now..

Another question, how long before your PGWP expired did you get apply your BOWP? Im trying to delay it as much as possible. My PGWP expires end of June so im holding out until maybe may to do it.. trying not to waste $250.

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Got my PPR 9 months and 1 day after AOR.

Coincidentally I called the day before and got the same status that I have been getting for the past 8 months. Eligibility 'Review Required'; Security not started and background in progress. Ghost Update a few hours after the call.
Overnight all three were passed. Security went from Not Started to Passed in a few hours.

Hope the rest of you get yours soon!

I've been in Toronto for almost 3 years now and if there's something that you guys wish to chat about, feel free to send me a personal message.
Congratulations!

Reactions: Tristan71

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
btw, Why did you get extra SS? is there a criteria or does it depends on where you're from? Seems like a bad way to discriminate against some countries. I have a UK passport so I can enter Canada without a visa anyway but still taking me 8 months now..

Another question, how long before your PGWP expired did you get apply your BOWP? Im trying to delay it as much as possible. My PGWP expires end of June so im holding out until maybe may to do it.. trying not to waste $250.
Well there is no definite answer of when they send a person to SS, but they are some factors (red flags) that increase the chance, like being from certain regions, studying STEM, having past military service, extensive travel to some places, etc. For me, it was mainly because I am from Iran.
Probably Iranian applicants have the highest percentage of SS among all other nationalities, so I was kindda expecting that.

I applied for BOWP 3 months before expiry of my PGWP. It is still under process and I am still not sure when I should withdraw it.
For you, I would say wait as much as you can, like maybe early June. Hopefully, you will hear back from them soon, way before than June :)

Reactions: actntrl

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi Friends,

My GCMS notes says, that my eligibility is MET and it was done at CENTRAL INTAKE OFFICE.

My visa office is MONTREAL.

My questions is whether my eligibility will be processed again at MONTREAL office ?

Also notes application is reviewed by CASE PROCESSING AGENT rather than CASE ANALYST.
your application is currently being processed at Montreal (if what you mean by visa office is Primary office in your GCMS notes).

william123

Nov 26, 2018
your application is currently being processed at Montreal (if what you mean by visa office is Primary office in your GCMS notes).
In GCMS it says

PRIMARY OFFICE -- MONTREAL IMMIGRATION
SECONDARY OFFICE -- CENTRALIZED INTAKE OFFICE

Last two pages where the NOTES are written by CASE PROCESSING AGENT related to my eligibility they are all done at CIO

My questions is whether my eligibility will be processed again at MONTREAL office and also is there any difference between AGENT vs ANALYST review ?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Guys, how long usually it takes from Ottawa office to send the passport back?

My PGWP expires in one month and my BOWP is under process. I don't want to lose my status either. So, when do you guys think I should withdraw my BOWP?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
In GCMS it says

PRIMARY OFFICE -- MONTREAL IMMIGRATION
SECONDARY OFFICE -- CENTRALIZED INTAKE OFFICE

Last two pages where the NOTES are written by CASE PROCESSING AGENT related to my eligibility they are all done at CIO

My questions is whether my eligibility will be processed again at MONTREAL office and also is there any difference between AGENT vs ANALYST review ?
And I replied you that YES, that's where your application is being processed.
No, they do the same things. The difference in the titles is in the office they work at. A central intake office (CPA) or a central processing centre (CA).
Your application was received at the CIO before being transferred to Montreal where it is at right now.

Forget the titles, the important thing is to know what the agent/analyst notes say as well as the fact that your application is in Montreal. Join the Montreal thread and find out about their timelines.

PatrickZ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Hey guys.
Just checked my profile and the status said application updated...
Logged out and 're checked and it went back to normal ' submitted.

Please F***ing tell me this is a ghost update!!

9 months 3 days since AOR.

Thanks
Congratulations, most likely your file has been approved!
Also may I ask how long you have been in SS?

PatrickZ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Yeah that is also an option, but don't worry my friend. Writ is an option for people who were under SS for more than a year. I am sure that you will get your ppr way sooner than that and hopefully you don't need to think about any of these. :)
True, I don't want to use that final secret weapon either cuz that means my application has been delayed so bad. Seems like SS for a couple of guys including you are getting completed much faster than before. Maybe I can get mine sorted out soon as well.

Kamal1988

Jan 14, 2019
Guys, how long usually it takes from Ottawa office to send the passport back?

My PGWP expires in one month and my BOWP is under process. I don't want to lose my status either. So, when do you guys think I should withdraw my BOWP?
My Timelines from Ottawa:
Passport Sent - 12th Feb 2019
Passport Received by Ottawa - 14th Feb 2019
Application Approved in CIC account - 25th Feb 2019
Return Tracker Activated - 1st March 2019
Passport Recevied - 4th March 2019