+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
So this thread has crossed 1300 page mark!! In fact now we are 100 pages more than the sticky thread at the top of forum. That is insane!! Real chatty bunch here. I’m sure there are many folks from other threads (even from sep, oct and nov) who come here ( and do not post).

@tobs on your question of W vs T. I think T is better. T allows more people per group and also someone who joins in later can still scroll up and see previous conversation which is not possible in W. W has an advantage that it allows to bookmark important messages which is I think not possible in T.

But my suggestion is if you make groups make two - one called <fun and banter> group and other one only for serious discussion on landing and other issues.

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
So this thread has crossed 1300 page mark!! In fact now we are 100 pages more than the sticky thread at the top of forum. That is insane!! Real chatty bunch here. I’m sure there are many folks from other threads (even from sep, oct and nov) who come here ( and do not post).

@tobs on your question of W vs T. I think T is better. T allows more people per group and also someone who joins in later can still scroll up and see previous conversation which is not possible in W. W has an advantage that it allows to bookmark important messages which is I think not possible in T.

But my suggestion is if you make groups make two - one called <fun and banter> group and other one only for serious discussion on landing and other issues.
Aah not fair...where is the fun in talking serious without the chatter?

Reactions: JenineJac

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for your valuable information. I am an inland applicant. My work permit and passport valid till August 2019. I am not sure whether I should get my passport renewed and work permit extended.

My question is what will happen if my passport is getting renewed by the embassy and in the meantime I receive passport request from cic? Because at that point I won't have my passport and later I'll receive a new passport number.

My application status
AOR June 19th
Eligibility Recommend passed
Criminality passed
Security not started

According to IRCC call center agent there's nothing adverse in the notes. I have already ordered cbsa notes.

I'll appreciate your advice.
You should get your passport renewed now. This is because the PR visa is granted for six months from the date of receiving your passports, the date any of the passports expire, or the date when the medicals expire, whichever is earlier. While you have no control on the medicals, you surely do have a control on the expiry date of your passport. It is also essential to get your passport renewed now since you will only have 30 days to submit your passports when you receive your passport request email.

Furthermore, if your passport and medicals are not expiring immediately, you will get a PR visa which will have a longer validity, giving you enough time to prepare and land in Canada.

After you renew the passport, you will have to report the change to IRCC by sending a case specific inquiry along with a scanned copy of the new passport.

macaly7

Jan 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
Congratulations to all who received PPR recently... especially all the very active members. I'm not going to list names because I don't want to accidentally leave someone out...aaaaaaand it's a lot of you now.:D

I'm still here waiting:(...waiting:(.....and enjoying the June chatter;).

Hope this new year will be a happy one for all of us... sooner rather than latter.

Also ...maybe we need to compile a list of those from June (and any May/July adoptees) that are still waiting. What do you guys think?

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
You should get your passport renewed now. This is because the PR visa is granted for six months from the date of receiving your passports, the date any of the passports expire, or the date when the medicals expire, whichever is earlier. While you have no control on the medicals, you surely do have a control on the expiry date of your passport. It is also essential to get your passport renewed now since you will only have 30 days to submit your passports when you receive your passport request email.

Furthermore, if your passport and medicals are not expiring immediately, you will get a PR visa which will have a longer validity, giving you enough time to prepare and land in Canada.

After you renew the passport, you will have to report the change to IRCC by sending a case specific inquiry along with a scanned copy of the new passport.
Thanks for your response.

I am already inside Canada with Post-Graduate Work Permit and not planning to travel until my PR processing is done. I am ready to send my passport for renewal but what if I get a passport request mail from CIC while my passport is still getting renewed, the process takes about 4 weeks? WIll I send the passport to CIC as soon as I get back at the same time file a case specific inquiry since the passport number will change?