+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I do hope so. Don't know whom to trust given the varied responses we've all been getting!
CSEs definitely can't be trusted. But I think even if one agent or CSE in response tells you, your files was approved. Then it can be trusted. They won't say that to an unapproved file.

Reactions: tobs

rahulraman989

Oct 24, 2017
CSEs definitely can't be trusted. But I think even if one agent or CSE in response tells you, your files was approved. Then it can be trusted. They won't say that to an unapproved file.
I'd rather trust the call centre. Their responses have been in sync with what's in my GCMS notes. CSE is BS.

Reactions: cansha

expressca

Jun 22, 2018
Thanks Micky
My eligibility was met in July last week.Seriously not understanding why they are taking so much time.
And any idea how long it takes for security process after my eligibility is passed

Passing eligibility does not mean that security will start right away. Many ppl have their eligibility status met but security not started. I asked a call agent about it but he was clueless about the delay.

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
Ok guys, just got a mail from CPC-CTD-ottawa@cic.gc.ca today (I sent the mail on 19th Dec):

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Please be informed that we are awaiting the results of some internal processing prior to the finalization of your application. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times. At this time, there is nothing that is required on your part. Your continued patience is greatly appreciated.

The best regards,

CPC-O

Unquote

Now, I’m aware security checks haven’t commenced. What could these internal checks be (given SS is outside the immediate mandate of CIC; hence is possibly an external check) that are holding up my application? I mean cmon, as Alice in Wonderland would say, it’s getting ‘curioser and curioser’! :p
I mailed yesterday and the response was in by the end of 5th hour. Have a look on the reply with a cautionary statement at the end:
Good day,

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Regards,

Marijo

Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I mailed yesterday and the response was in by the end of 5th hour. Have a look on the reply with a cautionary statement at the end:
Good day,

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Regards,

Marijo

Did you get your second set of GCMS? What additional verification is he referring to.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day,

Regards,

Marijo

Looks like you are under security screening.

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
Did you get your second set of GCMS? What additional verification is he referring to.
My 2nd GCMS was generated on 21st Nov. Dont know what he is referring to cause GCMS after the case processing agent at CIO marked my Criminality as Passed and Eligibility as MET on 26 Oct, my file was Assigned to RC-6262 which I think is code for CPC Ottawa with due date of 25 Nov and no update after that as per my Last 2 CSE's and 1 mail to CPC Ottawa.

Last edited:

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
Looks like you are under security screening.
How can it be cause all updates (GCMS, CSE etc) have given to me prior to this Ottawa mail, indicates that my security has not started. Moreover, what would they check as both me and my spouse have ZERO foreign travel history.

Reactions: cansha

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Good day,

Regards,

Marijo

This is scaring me....

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
My 2nd GCMS was generated on 21st Nov. Dont know what he is referring to cause GCMS after the case processing agent at CIO marked my Criminality as Passed and Eligibility as MET on 26 Oct, my file was Assigned to RC-9515 which I think is code for CPC Ottawa with due date of 25 Nov and no update after that as per my Last 2 CSE's and 1 mail to CPC Ottawa.
I guess they just want to shut you off and hence such a reply. If they say they are looking at verifying something what else can be said.
Don't know what else can be done to nudge these guys.

Reactions: richa1987

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
I guess they just want to shut you off and hence such a reply. If they say they are looking at verifying something what else can be said.
Don't know what else can be done to nudge these guys.
I agree, they are just trying to intimidate so that less people approach them.
My guess is that he might be referring to security... But then who knows... One this is for sure that all of us would be fully trained to set up process improvement and excellence department at IRCC by the time we land in Canada.