+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

richie90

Dec 21, 2018
Happy new year everyone!

so I just had a word with an agent. this was my second call. first was on dec 17 (2 days after completion of 6 months).

I specifically asked about 'security check' and his exact words were "these are details which I cannot provide to you. we know there are a lot of discussions happening on online forums, but I can't answer this specific question".

sounds like they ARE keeping an eye/ear out for what's happening on forums. @cansha probably they'll hear you!

and apparently my primary VO is Ottawa.

Last edited:
Reactions: tobs

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
While I would love to think and wish the same for all friends here but dont you think its too ambitious considering we are at 1190... My humble suggestion to everyone is to clearly set your expectations so as not to end up being disappointed.
However, its has been considerable time we all have spend in the process and I do not see any reason for cases being refused now so it would eventually come. The earliest sounds better though. ;)
No worries, we're very flexible with this..let's settle at 1500 ;)
BTW, disappointment is an everyday thing now.

Reactions: tobs

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Thanks sir...
One more question from where can i get to know about my visa office and application status. My AOR is 10.07.2018 and ghost update was on 11.12.2018. Still no PPR mail received till date.. Status bar tracker shows 9 days are left.. Plz help..
I am no Sir. :) You can call me Prashant.

Don't bother looking at the tracker. Mine passed 6 months on 17 Dec. it now says my application is in 20%.

You can know about the visa office by calling CIC, Raising a web case specific enquiry or ordering a GCMS.

I would suggest you call and confirm if your file is approved. If it is send an email to NDVO.

All the best buddy! :)

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Wish you a very happy new year Guys. Have been away from active participation for a while, blindly (read silently) following the jinx to break the jinx which @CoolSandy started... Though she partially followed it but it somehow worked ;).. Congrats @CoolSandy . A lot has happened in the meanwhile, the trick that @Khushu@1624 played and worked for many people. And Still working @tobs .. Congratulations to you Girl. Hope you have not deleted my name from the party people list which will happen when @cansha Maharaj (sir) gets his PPR and all of us do... @cansha hats off to your chasing abilities... @Prashant86_2000 You miss me ?? Hope you enjoyed the trip... @Nishika22 Lets hope our security starts ASAP and we all get PPR soon.
Oh, I miss you buddy! More than anything I am missing some action on our file... Hope to see that happening soon.
How have you been?

Reactions: gau55555

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Hi Friends,
I recently joined this forum and read quite a lot of posts,especially on this thread.
Writing for suggestions/insights that you guys can offer.
AOR- 15th June
IP2-16th Oct
Ghost Update-6th Nov
I am doing the process through an agent and am the primary applicant,with my wife as the secondary.(FSW-Outland).I have never ordered GCMS Notes till now.
On 17th Dec,I managed to get through to a CIC agent and had the following discussion with him:
Post verification,he told my application looks all good(VO-Sydney,Nova Scotia).Background done,eligibility done,medical passed.. (Did not say anything regarding security or criminality).He said all looks very good but I do not see a letter giving you final evaluation of the officer.At this time I cannot give you the official decision as there has not been an official decision yet. .When I pressed him on how long will it take,he took a minute's pause,and then again said that I see most of the processing is done,its just a matter of time when the officer comes back and gives you the final advice and I should call again a month later (17 Jan),and if,by then there is no movement,we will send reminder to the officer asking why he is late.(exact wordings of the agent here)
In the last couple of weeks,I saw a lot of people getting PPRs by sending mails to NDVO and I suggested my agent that he do the same.He rejected saying this is nothing but a co-incidence and we should wait for people to come back from holidays.He has filled up a couple of web forms (one of them today).No response as of now.
What do you feel I should do?This life of uncertainty and not being able to plan anything with certainty is a killer and needed you guys to help me out if possible.
My Medical is valid till 31-May-19.

Sorry for the long post but would really appreciate suggestions from you all.
Email NDVO. if your application is approved...they will process it...if not...you will have to wait like us.

Reactions: soorajsjk

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Just caught up with last 400-425 messages that happened while I was on my vacation.

Congratulations @tobs @TOFluv and all others who got their due recently!

@Nishika22 I guess it is now time to officially downsize our ark to a Ferry...number of people waiting for PPR is getting lower and lower...still hoping for the best.

Hannahvet

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Guys... How does biometrics affect the processing time of application?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
:) Thank you tobs (and cansha too)
It is true, I had read the last pages only superficially since returning from holidays, and I had not understood that there was an option for people from other countries to email NDVO.
I am based in Sao Paulo, Brazil. As you have suggested, I will contact my local vfs to check if the NDVO is viable for me.
@RaulFloyd emailed Sao Paulo and they sent him his PPR. Email them first.

DanFariasM

Jul 9, 2018
Venezuela
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO / Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
I hope for all our sakes that I get a new PPR because quite a number of people are waiting to see if it will be successful before emailing NDVO.
However if you ask me, I'll say email NDVO and worry about the change after.
Has anybody whose original VO wasn’t NDVO and mailed them has actually received their passport back or at least gotten an approved on their CIC account? Because that’s why I haven’t mailed them, maybe they are mindlesly sending PPR to anyone who mails them and then sh*t hits the fan when they don’t know what to do with the passport of an application that wasn’t proccessed there and it’s from the other side of the world.

lattersnow

Star Member
Sep 22, 2018
Just got off the phone with a very nice agent. She confirmed that my application was final approved on Nov 1st and she said she is glad that I called them, and she is sending a note direct to the visa office with my file to ask they to finalize what they need to do so I can get me PPR email.

Man, not all agents are the same. The woman I talked to one month ago, I told her the same thing and she just read me back what's on my online account and did not offer to help me even I already passed 6 months back then. Maybe if I got to a nicer agent, I won't have to wait until this year.

Hope today's call works out and good luck to everyone who is June AOR.