June 2018 AOR - join here

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Security screening is done by external agencies like CBSA/CSIS and I don’t think VO can do anything about due date once they have sent a case to CBSA/CSIS for security screening as these agencies need to work with various security agencies/organizations in different countries based upon a candidate’s travel history.
Now, not everyone goes under security screening. Most people only go through security check, while some people with extensive travel history or travel to some middle eastern countries are known to be picked for security screening.
If you would like to know whether or not you’re under security screening and what’s going on with your case, order CBSA/CSIS notes.
Hmmm...could I be under SS even if my GCMS notes specifically state that security status is ‘not started’? In my case, while I understand that VO might not have much to do with setting a due date once security starts, the basic issue is that such a mandate (sending file to CBSA/CSIS) appears to have been withheld for the past couple months (counting only since I moved to IP2 since before that would be too much to expect). My Criminality is passed, but security seems to be taking a long time to be kickstarted...

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hmmm...could I be under SS even if my GCMS notes specifically state that security status is ‘not started’? In my case, while I understand that VO might not have much to do with setting a due date once security starts, the basic issue is that such a mandate (sending file to CBSA/CSIS) appears to have been withheld for the past couple months (counting only since I moved to IP2 since before that would be too much to expect). My Criminality is passed, but security seems to be taking a long time to be kickstarted...
I agree that in your case your security just hasn't started (not sent to CBSA/CSIS) not like you're under security screening.
There are many people in your boat across june/july/Aug/Sept AORs whose security hasn't started but eligibility is at least met and criminality passed ( IP2)

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
Yeah it's the same as recommended passed.
I wonder what's holding up the security checks.
Does the security only start if eligibility is met/recommend to passed or passed? If it is under review required they do not bother making it?

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Holidays are ending today. Let's see what happens in next few weeks.
I have ordered ATIP note back in December 14.
I have sent an email to Ottawa VO back in December 21 and still without any response as of yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: tobs and cansha

Hannahvet

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Finally.. cic will start working in a few more hours.. and no holidays now.. except weekends.
I wish those were working too for clearing backlog

Reactions: Adesua and tobs

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Does the security only start if eligibility is met/recommend to passed or passed? If it is under review required they do not bother making it?
Yes in most cases.

Reactions: Archavin89

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
I agree that in your case your security just hasn't started (not sent to CBSA/CSIS) not like you're under security screening.
There are many people in your boat across june/july/Aug/Sept AORs whose security hasn't started but eligibility is at least met and criminality passed ( IP2)
Amen! Let’s hope security checks start soon...Eligibility met and Criminality passed are definitely the silver lining on this cloud :)

Explorer77

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
26-06-2018
I raised a CSE to ask for my VO and found out that my file intake was made at CIO Sydney and then my application is currently at Ottawa and they are currently verifying the eligibility requirements. Is this good? Any input. Happy new year everyone!
Same here. IRCC is giving straight answers to the CSE raised. I too received a similar response on my CSE last week, while the IRCC callcenter agent informed that my security is in progress. I too am confused at this juncture as I don't know what happens next and is it a good situation to be in.