Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
:D:D:D:D This made me laugh.

We (human beings) are wired to find a pattern or rational for something which is not in our control. So, I have heard various explanations since July/ August why things may be a little slow. Sometimes it was that they were off for their thanksgiving long weekend, then it was because it was time for student visas, then it was the tourist visas backlog, in between it was because there was influx of refugee applications and now it is the festive season (But this one is the most plausible) ...

I had trend of slowdown when I started tracking data on weekly basis. It was quite apparent then.

Don't think any further proof is needed for slowdown but if anyone is looking for that, here is a tidbit. For September the PPR %age till now (almost end of month 3 for them) is at 6% (as per Immitracker data). This number for June, Jul, Aug at end of their respective 3 month was 18-20%. It is just mind boggling.

Well, time has passed for remaining June candidates but I think unless there is something really dramatic we are heading towards a long waiting game for incoming candidates and high level of distress. And if IRCC thought implementing a progress bar will help them having less queries it is not going to work. I can see in Sep thread people starting to reach out to CIC call center. And it will continue to happen because there will always be few lucky people who will get PPR really early and no amount of "every file is different blah blah..." will calm the nerves of many candidates who will see people with similar timeline or AOR much beyond theirs getting their PPR.

I think January may be a good indication of things to come. Let's hope atleast for June candidates this is a good January and hopefully for some a good 31st Dec.
I have heard that dre was a day in feb this yr when everybody moved to ip2.. and hundreds of people got ppr. . Is this true?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I have heard that dre was a day in feb this yr when everybody moved to ip2.. and hundreds of people got ppr. . Is this true?
Your statement is true only till ... "everybody (not everybody but a lot of people) moved to IP2". There was no resulting PPR for everyone though.

Hannahvet

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Your statement is true only till ... "everybody (not everybody but a lot of people) moved to IP2". There was no resulting PPR for everyone though.
Ohhh.. so feb had normal pprs like every other mnth..? Nothing special in terms of ppr

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Ohhh.. so feb had normal pprs like every other mnth..? Nothing special in terms of ppr
Nopes. On the contrary if you see immitracker data Feb'18 was the worst month in terms of PPR. Although, I think December may take that title in just one day more.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018

We (human beings) are wired to find a pattern or rational for something which is not in our control. So, I have heard various explanations since July/ August why things may be a little slow. Sometimes it was that they were off for their thanksgiving long weekend, then it was because it was time for student visas, then it was the tourist visas backlog, in between it was because there was influx of refugee applications and now it is the festive season (But this one is the most plausible) ...

I had trend of slowdown when I started tracking data on weekly basis. It was quite apparent then.

Don't think any further proof is needed for slowdown but if anyone is looking for that, here is a tidbit. For September the PPR %age till now (almost end of month 3 for them) is at 6% (as per Immitracker data). This number for June, Jul, Aug at end of their respective 3 month was 18-20%. It is just mind boggling.

Well, time has passed for remaining June candidates but I think unless there is something really dramatic we are heading towards a long waiting game for incoming candidates and high level of distress. And if IRCC thought implementing a progress bar will help them having less queries it is not going to work. I can see in Sep thread people starting to reach out to CIC call center. And it will continue to happen because there will always be few lucky people who will get PPR really early and no amount of "every file is different blah blah..." will calm the nerves of many candidates who will see people with similar timeline or AOR much beyond theirs getting their PPR.

I think January may be a good indication of things to come. Let's hope atleast for June candidates this is a good January and hopefully for some a good 31st Dec.
Dude i have feeling with amaount of calls they mightc hange query thin or call thin over phone as well... they might put in somethin like less than 6 months u cannot talk to agent sorts

pursuit_of_happiness

Jul 23, 2018
Even if it is not true , I will still believe it to be true and expect IRCC to do something by that day. At this point of time it is important to have hope and such informations make you look forward to something positive happening.

Any idea what that day was?

Let’s do data analysis for this information on that day. What’s the worse that can happen? That way we would have something going on in this thread at least if not on our applications ;)

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Dude i have feeling with amaount of calls they mightc hange query thin or call thin over phone as well... they might put in somethin like less than 6 months u cannot talk to agent sorts
They might. No one can stop them. They make the rules :D But, I think if they rather made a process where people beyond 6 months had some mechanism to get their cases prioritized, the calls before 6 months will also reduce automatically.

Problem is IRCC wants people to believe that this process is binary contingent to 6 months, meaning a switch will flip suddenly on 6 month mark and we will see PPR. But, that is not the case. If you want people off your backs just give them regular updates in accounts. And have a mechanism in place for prioritizing for cases beyond 6 months. I can assure you they will be able to cut manpower of call center by 50% if they did this.

Reactions: cadgijoe

pursuit_of_happiness

Jul 23, 2018
They might. No one can stop them. They make the rules :D But, I think if they rather made a process where people beyond 6 months had some mechanism to get their cases prioritized, the calls before 6 months will also reduce automatically.

Problem is IRCC wants people to believe that this process is binary contingent to 6 months, meaning a switch will flip suddenly on 6 month mark and we will see PPR. But, that is not the case. If you want people off your backs just give them regular updates in accounts. And have a mechanism in place for prioritizing for cases beyond 6 months. I can assure you they will be able to cut manpower of call center by 50% if they did this.
I second that, IRCC should adopt something that USA does for their visa applications that is the concept of premium processing . They can charge more but give results faster. Even though I consider Canadian visa program to be better than USA but this is something that can benefit IRCC and we applicants both.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018

ircc is funny eh... u know even for pr card it says 54 days... its bs ... its more than 70 days

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
I second that, IRCC should adopt something that USA does for their visa applications that is the concept of premium processing . They can charge more but give results faster. Even though I consider Canadian visa program to be better than USA but this is something that can benefit IRCC and we applicants both.
use does premium processing only for h1b or employment based... nothing for green cards except one step in middle..

pursuit_of_happiness

Jul 23, 2018
use does premium processing only for h1b or employment based... nothing for green cards except one step in middle..
Yes it’s been used for employment visas only and considering Canadian pr is already faster than green card which for people from India taking 20 years so they can further speed it up by adopting premium processing. They can arrange extra resources from premium processing charges for speeding up application.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Yes it’s been used for employment visas only and considering Canadian pr is already faster than green card which for people from India taking 20 years so they can further speed it up by adopting premium processing. They can arrange extra resources from premium processing charges for speeding up application.
I doubt this will happen.. learning about how things are real bad across the border... they already made it faster with so called express entry which used to 1 yr or more for people to get pr... but yess they need to stream line more...and people after 1 jan will have more troubles... biometric even for Asia is on as of 31 dec 2018 ... so add more process

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Compliments of the season guys.
I just read backlog of over 400 messages on the thread. I'm addicted to this thread officially.
However, it's sad to discover that many beloved ark members are still waiting.

I pray this long wait will soon be over and you all will smile soon.

@tobs, @Nishika22, @cansha , @TOFluv , @Prashant86, @richa1987 and other ark members yet to get the golden mail, you'll be celebrated soon.

My profile got updated today. Final decision changed to approved and counterfoil numbers for PA and all dependents listed on profile.
I hope to receive passports back this coming week.
So happy for you! May 2019 see you well settled in Canada :) Thanks for the kind wishes - got my GCMS on 27th Dec (ordered on 26th Nov) and it confirms Criminality passed but Security not started. It's just a game of wait and watch now - ringing in the New Year on this note...

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
So happy for you! May 2019 see you well settled in Canada :) Thanks for the kind wishes - got my GCMS on 27th Dec (ordered on 26th Nov) and it confirms Criminality passed but Security not started. It's just a game of wait and watch now - ringing in the New Year on this note...
Is your eligibility passed now or still recommended passed?

Reactions: Nishika22

rohanid6

May 23, 2018

Well put out, another reason may be legalised 420