+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
No my eligibility check was done at Montreal. R10 check was done in CIO after which the file was moved to Montreal and remains untouched since August first week after someone set eligibility as "recommended pass"
Then I would say that Ottawa is slightly better as my case also moved to VO in August but Criminality was passed by end of October. Lets hope that you get your file looked into soon and they expedite through it. Wont ask you to be patient as you are the best judge of your situation.

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
Your observation is spot on and I agree with it 100%. When I say Ottawa is best in terms of processing times, it is based on that it is the only VO where someone can expect a PPR in less than 30 days or say in 2/3 month timeline which kind of was the norm last year and for some even this year. Even the PPRs issued from NDVO were most likely processed in Ottawa and then moved to NDVO for PPR email.

But, you're right it is beyond comprehension why for some files they won't show the same level of diligence and just forget about them and not do activities in parallel. The amount of variance in the process is mind boggling. And, more often than not has been explained by "every file is different blah blah", which kind of was rendered useless by the way Sydney treated approved cases and waited full 2 months to initiate PPRs and that too after candidates emailing VOs (and some still waiting).

It is a big black box and I know expecting full transparency is fool hardy. I do wish they had a mechanism to at least a bit more open to give some more information on cases beyond normal processing timelines or some mechanism to put those cases on priority when clearly the reason for the delay is not "complexity" but inaction on those files for a long time.

The only way I see is to give "feedback" using the link on the site. And, yes 99.99% chances are that feedback will be ignored. But, I still made the case for that odd .01% chance that may be it will help someone down the line.
Absolutely on the same page with all your points.

And yes we need not hold back on feedback. Hopefully some may get consideration.

Adesua

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kiev
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-06-2018
AOR Received.
03-06-2018
Compliments of the season guys.
I just read backlog of over 400 messages on the thread. I'm addicted to this thread officially.
However, it's sad to discover that many beloved ark members are still waiting.

I pray this long wait will soon be over and you all will smile soon.

@tobs, @Nishika22, @cansha , @TOFluv , @Prashant86, @richa1987 and other ark members yet to get the golden mail, you'll be celebrated soon.

My profile got updated today. Final decision changed to approved and counterfoil numbers for PA and all dependents listed on profile.
I hope to receive passports back this coming week.

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
Compliments of the season guys.
I just read backlog of over 400 messages on the thread. I'm addicted to this thread officially.
However, it's sad to discover that many beloved ark members are still waiting.

I pray this long wait will soon be over and you all will smile soon.

@tobs, @Nishika22, @cansha , @TOFluv , @Prashant86, @richa1987 and other ark members yet to get the golden mail, you'll be celebrated soon.

My profile got updated today. Final decision changed to approved and counterfoil numbers for PA and all dependents listed on profile.
I hope to receive passports back this coming week.
Congratulation Buddy!!! Occasionally, people in the group reporting their case moving forward keeps up the spirit and makes us happy.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
None! I'm taking a chill-pill now anyways, till mid January. I think you should do d same cos we truly have no control over CIC and we've done all we power can. I'll update u if anything new comes up:)
I think I've calmed down a bit too since I sorted out some things relating to my POF that were making me anxious. But I've also drafted the email I'll send to the CSE email address on the 10th of January (the day my 6 months are up).
Btw, are you male or female?

Reactions: TOFluv

Hannahvet

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Most of the people who got ghost updates later this month are still waiting.. this has nvr happened before in last 5 mnths. .people did got ppr aftr few hrs or days of ghost. . But nvr this long.. wonder wat the reason could be for this delay

pursuit_of_happiness

Jul 23, 2018
Most of the people who got ghost updates later this month are still waiting.. this has nvr happened before in last 5 mnths. .people did got ppr aftr few hrs or days of ghost. . But nvr this long.. wonder wat the reason could be for this delay
CIC has been acting out of the norm. No idea what is contributing to them acting this way. While many people in here even after getting ghost update are waiting for ppr , it was funny to see October and November aor candidates asking when they will get ppr :)

RohitV

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
CIC has been acting out of the norm. No idea what is contributing to them acting this way. While many people in here even after getting ghost update are waiting for ppr , it was funny to see October and November aor candidates asking when they will get ppr :)
Its their festive season that's why the delay....

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Festive season lasting half a year?
:D:D:D:D This made me laugh.

We (human beings) are wired to find a pattern or rational for something which is not in our control. So, I have heard various explanations since July/ August why things may be a little slow. Sometimes it was that they were off for their thanksgiving long weekend, then it was because it was time for student visas, then it was the tourist visas backlog, in between it was because there was influx of refugee applications and now it is the festive season (But this one is the most plausible) ...

I had trend of slowdown when I started tracking data on weekly basis. It was quite apparent then.

Don't think any further proof is needed for slowdown but if anyone is looking for that, here is a tidbit. For September the PPR %age till now (almost end of month 3 for them) is at 6% (as per Immitracker data). This number for June, Jul, Aug at end of their respective 3 month was 18-20%. It is just mind boggling.

Well, time has passed for remaining June candidates but I think unless there is something really dramatic we are heading towards a long waiting game for incoming candidates and high level of distress. And if IRCC thought implementing a progress bar will help them having less queries it is not going to work. I can see in Sep thread people starting to reach out to CIC call center. And it will continue to happen because there will always be few lucky people who will get PPR really early and no amount of "every file is different blah blah..." will calm the nerves of many candidates who will see people with similar timeline or AOR much beyond theirs getting their PPR.

I think January may be a good indication of things to come. Let's hope atleast for June candidates this is a good January and hopefully for some a good 31st Dec.