App. Filed.......
20-06-2018
Doc's Request.
23-06-2018
AOR Received.
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
21-06-2018
Hey Linda, any update on your file? Our cases are pretty similar, i am about a month behind you. Criminality: In Progress ever since RCMP and Eligibility: recommended pass from about 3 months ago, Security: Not Started. No progress whatsoever after that. Ottawa VO. I am trailing you by a month, so rooting for you!!!! @linda85
@UofToronto Hi, I don't have any news since I uploaded RCMP , I have ordered 3 pairs of notes all of them are identical, i did however order another set of notes in the beginning of December I hope that they will show progress on my file, I will keep you posted!!But i hardly believe that there will be any news, with pace they are dealing now days!!

Reactions: UofToronto

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Ok after my email I got another reply on my CSE. It's kind of mix of non generic and generic reply with 90% generic but seems like someone had to put few extra minutes to reply rather than just copy pasting the standard one.

Your application was received at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on June 19, 2018.

The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized on July 3, 2018. Following this assessment, your application was referred to the local office in Montréal, Québec. The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.

The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you and your family members if applicable meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary.

The background verifications have not been initiated.
This is pretty to-the-point answer. I don’t think you would get better than this.

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
Ok after my email I got another reply on my CSE. It's kind of mix of non generic and generic reply with 90% generic but seems like someone had to put few extra minutes to reply rather than just copy pasting the standard one.

Your application was received at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on June 19, 2018.

The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized on July 3, 2018. Following this assessment, your application was referred to the local office in Montréal, Québec. The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.

The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you and your family members if applicable meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary.

The background verifications have not been initiated.
Hey @cansha This is very similar to the response we have got. And we have the same AoR as well. But our application is with Ottawa.

Reactions: cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hey @cansha This is very similar to the response we have got. And we have the same AoR as well. But our application is with Ottawa.
Okay. Yeah it is a bit surprising because I know from GCMS notes that my eligibility was recommended passed. Agents are willing to tell that on call so not sure why he wouldn't say that on CSE reply.
Also, not sure why some applications would not move in Ottawa as it is probably the best VO in terms of processing times. Not sure if emailing Ottawa directly will help but at least there is an email ID to do so.

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
Unfortunately no. I'm out of ideas on how to nudge someone in Montreal. May be will try to call call center in second week of Jan.
I guess at CIO you may be recommended passed and now that your file has moved to VO they do not want to comment since the entire file will be re-looked at again.
In fact you bang on with respect to ideas as nothing we do compels them. After doing a lot of research and reading what everyone has been trying, I do not have the courage to try, so, have decided that we would wait till after 1st week of January to start sending mail to Ottawa (VO) as sending mails to expected LVO doesn't help except for choking there bandwidth which may be helpful to someone who needs it more.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I guess at CIO you may be recommended passed and now that your file has moved to VO they do not want to comment since the entire file will be re-looked at again.
In fact you bang on with respect to ideas as nothing we do compels them. After doing a lot of research and reading what everyone has been trying, I do not have the courage to try, so, have decided that we would wait till after 1st week of January to start sending mail to Ottawa (VO) as sending mails to expected LVO doesn't help except for choking there bandwidth which may be helpful to someone who needs it more.
No my eligibility check was done at Montreal. R10 check was done in CIO after which the file was moved to Montreal and remains untouched since August first week after someone set eligibility as "recommended pass"

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
have decided that we would wait till after 1st week of January to start sending mail to Ottawa (VO) as sending mails to expected LVO doesn't help except for choking there bandwidth which may be helpful to someone who needs it more.
I'm yet to see someone reporting a reply from Ottawa VO. I had emailed Ottawa VO based on the first post on this thread to find out my VO. They sent an automated reply that they won't reply if the case is within "processing time". And, as expected they never replied, which is okay.

I do agree that it is probably better to email them after first week of Jan, may be more chances of someone actually replying.

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
Okay. Yeah it is a bit surprising because I know from GCMS notes that my eligibility was recommended passed. Agents are willing to tell that on call so not sure why he wouldn't say that on CSE reply.
Also, not sure why some applications would not move in Ottawa as it is probably the best VO in terms of processing times. Not sure if emailing Ottawa directly will help but at least there is an email ID to do so.
I actually beg to differ with the Ottawa point now. At the offset it seemed to be quick with 2 ADR request in 15 day for me and then it went into hibernation 3 month after which they woke up and passed my criminality before going back into hibernation for another 2 months as of now. God knows when they are going to wake up again to initiate Security which they could have done when Criminality was passed.

To my understanding all these processes can run in parallel so I do not understand what has been holding them back.

As a matter of fact most people in Ottawa have similiar feedback and are unable to understand, if not wrt to actual process but even logically, what is the real issue.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I actually beg to differ with the Ottawa point now. At the offset it seemed to be quick with 2 ADR request in 15 day for me and then it went into hibernation 3 month after which they woke up and passed my criminality before going back into hibernation for another 2 months as of now. God knows when they are going to wake up again to initiate Security which they could have done when Criminality was passed.

To my understanding all these processes can run in parallel so I do not understand what has been holding them back.

As a matter of fact most people in Ottawa have similiar feedback and are unable to understand, if not wrt to actual process but even logically, what is the real issue.
Your observation is spot on and I agree with it 100%. When I say Ottawa is best in terms of processing times, it is based on that it is the only VO where someone can expect a PPR in less than 30 days or say in 2/3 month timeline which kind of was the norm last year and for some even this year. Even the PPRs issued from NDVO were most likely processed in Ottawa and then moved to NDVO for PPR email.

But, you're right it is beyond comprehension why for some files they won't show the same level of diligence and just forget about them and not do activities in parallel. The amount of variance in the process is mind boggling. And, more often than not has been explained by "every file is different blah blah", which kind of was rendered useless by the way Sydney treated approved cases and waited full 2 months to initiate PPRs and that too after candidates emailing VOs (and some still waiting).

It is a big black box and I know expecting full transparency is fool hardy. I do wish they had a mechanism to at least a bit more open to give some more information on cases beyond normal processing timelines or some mechanism to put those cases on priority when clearly the reason for the delay is not "complexity" but inaction on those files for a long time.

The only way I see is to give "feedback" using the link on the site. And, yes 99.99% chances are that feedback will be ignored. But, I still made the case for that odd .01% chance that may be it will help someone down the line.