+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

pursuit_of_happiness

Jul 23, 2018
What's the best & cheapest car I should buy?
There is nothing like best and cheapest car.

It all depends on your budget. Decent Used cars Will go anywhere upwards of 6 to 7 thousand dollars. The most reliable ones are from Toyota , Honda and Nissan . These cars are value for money and even if they have run for more than 100k miles you can still rely on them. These used cars are sold by dealers and private individuals . If you buy from dealers then they do all performance checkups for you and make sure that the car you get will be in good condition and not break down the moment you take them on road. These cars will be higher priced than one owned by an individual owner because of all these extra expenses.

However, if you are lucky enough you can find some good owners who has maintained their car very well and are selling it very cheaply. For instance, one of my friend bought her car in 200$. This cars is 17 years old Toyota Corolla and has run 150k miles and she uses it without any issue to go to college and do groceries. She of course doesn’t go on long drives with this car but hope you got the idea.

So, get into this process only when you are physically there in Canada and who knows you might end up on the luckier side.

larrylarry01

Oct 28, 2018
There is nothing like best and cheapest car.

It all depends on your budget. Decent Used cars Will go anywhere upwards of 6 to 7 thousand dollars. The most reliable ones are from Toyota , Honda and Nissan . These cars are value for money and even if they have run for more than 100k miles you can still rely on them. These used cars are sold by dealers and private individuals . If you buy from dealers then they do all performance checkups for you and make sure that the car you get will be in good condition and not break down the moment you take them on road. These cars will be higher priced than one owned by an individual owner because of all these extra expenses.

However, if you are lucky enough you can find some good owners who has maintained their car very well and are selling it very cheaply. For instance, one of my friend bought her car in 200$. This cars is 17 years old Toyota Corolla and has run 150k miles and she uses it without any issue to go to college and do groceries. She of course doesn’t go on long drives with this car but hope you got the idea.

So, get into this process only when you are physically there in Canada and who knows you might end up on the luckier
Also do not forget that vehicle registration vary by province.In Ontario for instance If you buy a very old car , usually you will need to spend more money on repairs befor you can put it on the road because it has to pass safety and emission .

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
I have a bazillion question to ask:D if it is ok with you, is there a mail id i can contact you on?
message me here my friend.. send me a direct message u will get all answers hehehe even movers which I used hehehe

rohanid6

May 23, 2018
Hi guys,

So I finished my 6 months today & the application status moved that 20% message.
What should I do next? Fill up the web form or email CIC or NDVO?

Advice please :(

Reactions: amantest08

rohanid6

May 23, 2018
OK. My application timeline runs out in 3 days, so I guess I'm your senior in this regard ;) Repeating myself here from an earlier post, but hope it helps you:
I spoke to an agent 2 days ago who told me my security has still not been initiated (after Criminality was passed on 26th Oct 18). She also concurred that the progress bar is a sham - rather a refreshing conversation to have with someone on the other side of the line. To cut a long story short, she suggested I raise an email request to Ottawa (CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca) telling them that in my case it is taking unusually long for security to commence. I've done the needful last evening, but have little hope they will act on it. I've also ordered my notes on 26th Nov, so someone will definitely have to get my file out at least by the 1st week of Jan when the 35-day period ends (as they say, notes are generated 30-35 days after being ordered). The agent herself mentioned that there is nothing we can do that will guarantee a look at the file by the visa officer - it's a game of chance. Having said that, cases are taking longer as the agent confirmed, and the progress bar is not helping since it's stuck at the 6-month processing period, which is no longer the case for folks like us! You and I are in pretty much the same boat since our timeline runs out in 4 and 3 days respectively, so we have the unpleasant 'Your application is in the 20% of cases that are taking longer to process' message to look forward to :rolleyes:
Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah that’s a sham, I even my sister settled in toronto with PR & everything. Still god knows why this is there. Really appreciate your reply. Thank you

Explorer77

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
26-06-2018
My application will complete 6 months in 2 days. I have heard that IRCC would not be replying to our mails till 27 and hence thinking to raise a CSE on December 27.

NareshC

Oct 23, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Done....
14-06-2018
Reactions: Explorer77

NareshC

Oct 23, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Done....
14-06-2018
Reactions: tobs and ain88

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada/status/1076132306342031361

They will be working today (Dec 24th). I know chances are very slim but there's nothing wrong to expect few more golden mails from this group :D
Godspeed to all :)
Yeah you are right. People have assumed that they are off till 27th. Twitter message is only for social media team so relax guys, we have hope this last week of December as well.

@NareshC - people from which month received PPR from NDVO today?

Reactions: dr.luca