FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Many congratulations to everyone who received their PPR...Wish you guys have a great holidays and a wonderful year ahead.

As IRCC already announced they are closed from Dec' 22 to 26 and we don't expect much movement even after that until they are back in office on Jan 2nd/3rd..for people like me, @cansha, @tobs, @Prashant86_2000 (where are you man?), @Nishika22 @Micky345 and many others, hopes are bleak to get any news in this year now..but let's stick together even though the ark is shrinking..all the best to all of us!!

SIYA VAR RAMCHANDRA KI JAI!, @tanush14! @cansha @tobs @mathansri @Nishika22 @Hannahvet Sorry friends, I was away for a few days. But I was keeping myself updated through all that was happening on this thread.

A lot has transpired during these three days.

Dec. 19 - I had initially thought I would call IRCC and check my application status. I was very positively expecting approval of my application. However, after I read a few posts about NDVO reverting back status inquiries with PPRs, I was all excited and wrote a letter to NDVO, that later turned into a fizzled ammunition.

Dec. 20 - I was desperately waiting for NDVO's response but nothing came through. I was still positive as I saw more PPRs coming in response to Applicants' emails. I was a little disheartened to see a fellow ark member @Nishika22 being told that her security hadn't started yet.

Dec. 21 - I finally decided to give a call. Tried 8 times between 2:30 PM Eastern and 4:30 PM Eastern. I was not pushed to the waiting que. My 9th call around 4:40 PM Eastern put me up in the waiting line. I reached a decent agent (Arianna) after about 40 minutes of wait. I was her last call for the day and before her Holidays began. She was super nice and pleasant to talk to. However, the call did not give me my much required relief. Like @Nishika22, I too was informed, that my file is still in CPC Ottawa, and the 'Security' has not yet started. I asked, the reason for the long delay and the time it might take, and she did not have an idea. She told me, without the 'Security' marked completed the file wouldn't move.

As suggested to @Nishika22 I already emailed CPC Ottawa asking them about the reason for "unusually long delay" and will have to wait for their response now.

Happy to see some of our Ark folks got their PPR.

@Nishika22 looks like we are indeed siblings from different parents after all! :D

Thank you guys for missing me. Don't worry I will keep playing cupid between @cansha @tanush14 and @tobs. :)

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
Guys need some input.
As per my GCMS Notes generated 19th Nov, eligibility is under review required because under primary occupation I put in my Canadian experience which is under 1 year.

Sorry. How many months was it short of a year? Or was it weeks? Just wanted to know to see if they still judge 1 year by exact dates or by month-to-month

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Posting it here once again.

Folks please use this link to provide feedback to CIC on their services https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx

Choose the option to "Comment" and then "processing times". I think even our friends who have received PPR can fill this out. It is just a feedback form which I'm not sure if anyone reads or not. But even if there is 1% chance someone will read it and take it to the right people it is worth a try. I think for most June guys either they have received PPR or the time has gone for an early PPR but it may help someone down the road.

If you choose to take out 5 minutes of your time. Below are some of the points I suggest the feedback may focus on (You can completely disregard below list or add/edit however you like)

• Let them know that the process not being FIFO adds to worries of candidates. We understand it can't be 100% FIFO but efforts must be taken to do so.
  • Let them know we have seen many GCMS notes which clearly show that the file was actually delays since no one looked at the file for months!
  • Let them know that some visa offices are definitely very slow compared to others. Examples Montreal or recent case of Sydney not releasng PPR unless someone emailed NDVO which is counter intuitive and weird.
  • Let them know again that the progress bar is basically useless
  • Request them to setup a separate helpline or email or a process to expedite or prioritize cases already beyond the normal 6 months timeline. What's the use of the timeline if we don't have a recourse after time has elapsed

Thank you for taking time and reading this. And thanks in advance if you are going to take action and fill the feedback form. Have a wonderful holiday season!

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
SIYA VAR RAMCHANDRA KI JAI!, @tanush14! @cansha @tobs @mathansri @Nishika22 @Hannahvet Sorry friends, I was away for a few days. But I was keeping myself updated through all that was happening on this thread.

A lot has transpired during these three days.

Dec. 19 - I had initially thought I would call IRCC and check my application status. I was very positively expecting approval of my application. However, after I read a few posts about NDVO reverting back status inquiries with PPRs, I was all excited and wrote a letter to NDVO, that later turned into a fizzled ammunition.

Dec. 20 - I was desperately waiting for NDVO's response but nothing came through. I was still positive as I saw more PPRs coming in response to Applicants' emails. I was a little disheartened to see a fellow ark member @Nishika22 being told that her security hadn't started yet.

Dec. 21 - I finally decided to give a call. Tried 8 times between 2:30 PM Eastern and 4:30 PM Eastern. I was not pushed to the waiting que. My 9th call around 4:40 PM Eastern put me up in the waiting line. I reached a decent agent (Arianna) after about 40 minutes of wait. I was her last call for the day and before her Holidays began. She was super nice and pleasant to talk to. However, the call did not give me my much required relief. Like @Nishika22, I too was informed, that my file is still in CPC Ottawa, and the 'Security' has not yet started. I asked, the reason for the long delay and the time it might take, and she did not have an idea. She told me, without the 'Security' marked completed the file wouldn't move.

As suggested to @Nishika22 I already emailed CPC Ottawa asking them about the reason for "unusually long delay" and will have to wait for their response now.

Happy to see some of our Ark folks got their PPR.

@Nishika22 looks like we are indeed siblings from different parents after all! :D

Thank you guys for missing me. Don't worry I will keep playing cupid between @cansha @tanush14 and @tobs. :)
Hey Prashant.. Good to have you back. We are in the same state as well.

Here is the response for the CSE we have raised:
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your accountif additional information is needed.
  • Your file is currently located at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario,
It says someone is reviewing the Eligibility. And the agent who responded was Sophie. @tobs Your CSE was handled by the same agent as well I guess?

GCMS notes said Eligibility is Recommended Pass. Now CSE says it's still in Review. I am confused.

Reactions: Prashant86_2000

Sidhudeep307

Dec 20, 2018
Ludhiana
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Hey Prashant.. Good to have you back. We are in the same state as well.

Here is the response for the CSE we have raised:
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
  • Your file is currently located at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario,
It says someone is reviewing the Eligibility. And the agent who responded was Sophie. @tobs Your CSE was handled by the same agent as well I guess?

GCMS notes said Eligibility is Recommended Pass. Now CSE says it's still in Review. I am confused.
So can i assume my file is at NDVo as i got following response
19june aor 25 oct ip2
This is response i got via cse

Good day Jagdeep Singh Sidhu,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• Your file was transferred to a visa office,

• The background verifications are currently in process.
Although the delay may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to finalize your application within established processing times.

worldgreatest

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
13-07-2017
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-07-2018
Passport Req..
07-01-2019
@TOFluv @worldgreatest see!!
I think we need to email NDVO.
I think so too. Let us do that on Monday. CPC Ottawa and Accra visa office don't respond to emails. Maybe NDVO will come to our rescue and send PPR on their behalf....lol

Reactions: tobs and TOFluv

Hemusharma51

May 19, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
Nomination.....
May-18
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Posting it here once again.

Folks please use this link to provide feedback to CIC on their services https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx

Choose the option to "Comment" and then "processing times". I think even our friends who have received PPR can fill this out. It is just a feedback form which I'm not sure if anyone reads or not. But even if there is 1% chance someone will read it and take it to the right people it is worth a try. I think for most June guys either they have received PPR or the time has gone for an early PPR but it may help someone down the road.

If you choose to take out 5 minutes of your time. Below are some of the points I suggest the feedback may focus on (You can completely disregard below list or add/edit however you like)

• Let them know that the process not being FIFO adds to worries of candidates. We understand it can't be 100% FIFO but efforts must be taken to do so.
  • Let them know we have seen many GCMS notes which clearly show that the file was actually delays since no one looked at the file for months!
  • Let them know that some visa offices are definitely very slow compared to others. Examples Montreal or recent case of Sydney not releasng PPR unless someone emailed NDVO which is counter intuitive and weird.
  • Let them know again that the progress bar is basically useless
  • Request them to setup a separate helpline or email or a process to expedite or prioritize cases already beyond the normal 6 months timeline. What's the use of the timeline if we don't have a recourse after time has elapsed

Thank you for taking time and reading this. And thanks in advance if you are going to take action and fill the feedback form. Have a wonderful holiday season!
Do you got some news from Montreal or still not?

apekshabafna

Dec 17, 2018
Hey Guys,
Congratulations to all those who have received their PPRs.
I could reach an agent yesterday. She said everything is approved and I should be receiving the final mail any time now. Phew!
Thank you @rohitsr. Your suggestion helped. I called up at 1.15 am IST and was put in queue. The wait time was 26 minutes which was quite ok by me.

Reactions: Nishika22 and tobs

ain88

Feb 20, 2016
Writing here too get more opinion-

I got my GCMS note that is issued in Nov 16.

Eligibility: Recommend passed
Criminality, security: not started

When i called cic 2 days ago, she told me, Eligibility in process, criminality: passed, security: not started

Aor: Sept 13
Mep: Oct 10
IP2: Nov 28

any insight about my status? Many thanks!

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Guys need some input.
As per my GCMS Notes generated 19th Nov, eligibility is under review required because under primary occupation I put in my Canadian experience which is under 1 year.
My Indian experience that accounts to almost 5 years was supposed to be the primary occupation. Though the case analyst remarks say that they have verified NOC and duties etc and they match the criteria, should I be reaching out on my own to tell them to consider the Indian experience as the primary NOC.
Any thoughts are highly appreciated.
You can be proactive and explain. Hope you didn't apply under CEC?