+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
May be they were ashamed as you have already crossed the time period as per their progress bar.
This can be true. How will they show progress for someone who has already crossed six months. I will also cross six months tomorrow but I already got email so it would be interesting to see how the progress bar looks in that case.

Reactions: cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
This can be true. How will they show progress for someone who has already crossed six months. I will also cross six months tomorrow but I already got email so it would be interesting to see how the progress bar looks in that case.
They are smart now instead of PPR we are waiting for changes. Damn these CIC guys!

Reactions: TOFluv

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Sound reasoning @cansha! I’m also worried about the estimated processing timelines being updated from 6 months to god-knows-what since I got this communication :( Let’s hope our worst fears are not realised...
Who knows may be it is just their way of controlling the panic after a change.
"Guys, if you see a progress bar and a new interface, that you are not used to...and if your application is at a different stage than what you have been expecting in your dreams. Please DO NOT jump on the call like a chimpanzee and start calling us."

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Who knows may be it is just their way of controlling the panic after a change.
"Guys, if you see a progress bar and a new interface, that you are not used to...and if your application is at a different stage than what you have been expecting in your dreams. Please DO NOT jump on the call like a chimpanzee and start calling us."
I think if that is the thought process they are underestimating human behavior. Unless the progress bar shows granular progress people will call when they will see AORs around them or earlier than them getting PPRs. Unless the system is close to FIFO there is no way they can reduce the calls and they can build the world's most beautiful progress bar.

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
I think if that is the thought process they are underestimating human behavior. Unless the progress bar shows granular progress people will call when they will see AORs around them or earlier than them getting PPRs. Unless the system is close to FIFO there is no way they can reduce the calls and they can build the world's most beautiful progress bar.
Well you have to understand, not all people applying are sane and patient. Remember we had people demanding reason for delay in PPRs after 2 months, that too from Ralph's office?

Texture

Aug 30, 2018
Take the small wins mate. My file hasn't been touched after 07 August. I understand your point of no excitement even when final PPR arrives.
POF ADRs are generally quick checks so hopefully the delay will not be a lot.
Hmm wish it was just POF. We were asked to give a letter explaining why my husband was on maternity leave for a period of a year and half, hmmmm SMH, this was the period when he worked in a child and maternity clinic of which we provided all documents. So how this translate to him being on maternity leave is beyond me. Just getting frustrated.

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
I also think best approach would be to follow FIFO principle, atleast it would reduce anxiety and make people well aware about time it would take for completion.

Regarding progress bar, I think it would be standard one more like a counter, which would just show no of days completed. That would be a bizzare.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Well you have to understand, not all people applying are sane and patient. Remember we had people demanding reason for delay in PPRs after 2 months, that too from Ralph's office?
That was my whole point. And why wouldn't they? If you give PPR to some in 20/30 days and tell others oh security takes time, some people will swallow it and some won't. It is not about right or wrong it is about basic human nature and it will happen unless process is made more or less FIFO. And before anyone jumps in "all applications are unique blah blah" I will add I know a 100% FIFO process may not be feasible but I'm pretty sure this process can be close to 80-90% FIFO.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hmm wish it was just POF. We were asked to give a letter explaining why my husband was on maternity leave for a period of a year and half, hmmmm SMH, this was the period when he worked in a child and maternity clinic of which we provided all documents. So how this translate to him being on maternity leave is beyond me. Just getting frustrated.
I guess the analysts also need to take IELTS. Their English comprehension may be dodgy.

scc7

Nov 10, 2018
Did anyone check their profiles after the progress bar email? I got the progress bar email early hours IST and I checked the profile now. It says profile updated. Was wondering if it is a 'ghost update' vs just an update due to the progress bar email

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Did anyone check their profiles after the progress bar email? I got the progress bar email early hours IST and I checked the profile now. It says profile updated. Was wondering if it is a 'ghost update' vs just an update due to the progress bar email
ghost